2024-04-16, 15:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipgate CTF Forum Game  (Read 4178 times)
mecha

Shambler

« on: 2005-03-02, 19:17 »

Well, Slipgate, the most hated class ever!!! wins again. This week it's Slipgate CTF, using grappling hooks and techs. Hopefully attendance is strong enough to make this game memorable, seeing as how we haven't hosted a full-scale CTF game like this in almost a year.

Here's the game schedule for today:

European Games

Server: GenArena FFA Euro 0.99f | 80.79.36.5:27960 | Playerlimit: 20
Time: 9pm CET

North American Games

Server: GenArena Central[WHS] .99f | 69.93.136.70:27960 | Playerlimit: 20
Time: 9pm EST

Both servers will be set to Slipgate CTF, with the grapple cvar-ed to "QWCTF" speed. Stop by our IRC channel at  irc.wireheadstudios.net #wirehead prior to the games. Slipgate - Smile
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-03, 06:40 »

Thanks to everyone who came. I only played a few maps, but it did a fine job of showing why I hate CTF. Slipgate - Grin

Slipgate - Ownage

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-03, 14:29 »

I agree with Makou to an extent. There was one game that simply rocked, in a Q2 CTF remake (although I for one do not know the names or mapnames of these maps, being a non-CTF player). The game was tense, fun and unpredictable from the start to the finish, and with 4-4 on the capture-counters, it got rather exciting.
The other games, I fear, were lop-sided. We really should get a warm-up mode enabled and force the top dogs of the server to pick teams, or something like that. Simply asking during the game doesn't seem to work any more. Oh well, maybe CTF is just not for me :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Entropy

« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-05, 04:52 »

I had lots of fun on Wednesday, it was a great game when we had 5-on-5 matches going, especially the Q2 level remake (I forget its name too, but I know which one Tabun was talking about).  Unlike most of the rest of you, I've always loved CTF, especially classic Threewave QWCTF.  It and TeamFortress variants are my favorite gametypes.

You probably remember me as the grapple whore from Wednesday's games.  Unlike everyone else that was playing, I love the grapple.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce my typical Q1CTF grapple binds in any workable manner.  Hopefully next time a CTF game is run it'll be with offhand grapple.  Slipgate - Smile

Things weren't quite as fun when we had 4-on-4 or fewer players, unfortunately team balance issues get harder and harder to deal with the fewer people you have.  CTF is best with 6+ players per team IMO, unfortunately that can sometimes be difficult to achieve.  I hope Gen Arena becomes more popular so that it'll be possible to have some good CTF matches more often.  Slipgate - Smile

Slipgate - Ownage
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-05, 09:29 »

I'll just take the blame for the slightly low attendance. I've since revamped the poll schedule to avoid this problem in the future with submitting the news to PQ. but I think we can all agree that CTF as a custom game option isn't exactly ready just yet.

we'll give it another whirl down the road. until then we'll start focusing on more Team DM games and (as per Makou's request) having poll options for games MINUS certain classes (eg: No-Doom FFA = all classes BUT Doom).

if anyone has other gametype ideas, let me know. Slipgate - Smile

enjoy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: