2024-04-26, 23:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: My Q1 E3M7 Remake (Hole-eeee Christ, that's still around?)  (Read 25384 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2004-06-10, 21:11 »

Heh, who needs retexturing projects when one has Wirehead Studios? ;]

This is the first, the second will be done soon.

(...)

After the other is done, I will proved a zip with the textures, and a glow shader for this one.

buttons
« Last Edit: 2004-06-11, 00:33 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #21 on: 2004-06-10, 22:07 »

Holy mother... that's one badass looking button. Can't thank ya enough for doing this, Tab. Providing high quality textures (buttons none-the-less) to be put on, what I consider to be, a mediocre map.

As for the retexturing project for Quake... I looked at their buttons before posting here. Other than the tech buttons, I didn't like them. Even the basic 'Q' symbol buttons didn't look right to me.

-Side note: Starting to work on the next area... AGAIN... right now. Hopefully I'll finish it this time before my comp explodes. I'll save before every time I minimize Radiant this time, haha-

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2004-06-11, 00:34 »

You can find the url to the zip in the Textures thread in this forum. If the shader doesn't work, lemme know - haven't been able to test it.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2004-06-11, 00:43 »

Good to see you mapping again spawn!!! Slipgate - Smile

Nice tab! hell if i only had a q1 map that needs that button.. Slipgate - Sad

« Last Edit: 2004-06-11, 00:45 by ReBoOt » Logged
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #24 on: 2004-06-11, 02:53 »

Man... those are friggin sweet. The shader works perfectly as well. Thanks again. *huggles Tabun* Slipgate - Laugh

I feel lame right now, lol... wish there was something I could do in return, but alas... there isn't.

Anyway... next area is almost completed. Just need to figure out the lighting for it and I'm set there.

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #25 on: 2004-06-11, 03:29 »

Can I just say that:

1. This is one of my fave maps from Q1

2. Those button textures look the absolute business. If only I could suss GTKRadiant ...

Can't wait for a playable version!
« Last Edit: 2004-06-11, 03:30 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #26 on: 2004-06-11, 06:05 »

scalliano: "1. This is one of my fave maps from Q1"

No way! Someone else that knows this map other than me? AND likes it?! That's rare, man... nice to know I'm not the only one!

With that being said, I grace you all with 10 screenshots of the recently finished area. Those badass buttons are in place, though the pushable button is a ways back in the map... so you won't be getting any screenies of it.

Some of you might recognize the ceiling from another map I've made in the past... but hey, it fits... and works well, so there it is.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v246/V...en/Quake3/E3M7/
new room is shots 0037 - 0028.

password: sp4wnst3r

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2004-06-11, 09:55 »

I feel lame right now, lol... wish there was something I could do in return, but alas... there isn't.

Just finish the godrotting map some day ;]

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #28 on: 2004-06-14, 22:53 »

I plan on finishing it... and technically, it should probably be done already with how I was going there for the last two rooms, but it's not.

That's not to say that I didn't work on it at all... but it was just a small change and a few additions for the Grenade Launcher room.

The small change is that I swapped out the machinegun spawn with a shotgun... there was no double shotgun spawn on the original map, so I felt not including it would sevrely hinder the other classes... especially Earth, since there is no Lightning Gun spawn either. That would mean, no gat(s) for Earth. Ouch...

Anyway... the additions to the grenade launcher room are quite basic, but... it helps make the room less 'blah'. Added two bullet spawns, since bullets are a rarity on the map... also made the button in there actually do something, as pointless as it might be. And, of course, it's also the only room on the map that contains bouncing lava balls... even in the original. And those are now in place.

And my mood right now is shit... and tomorrow I go for an interview. If I get hired, my work on the map will slow even more than it has already. Yea... sounds like deja vu all over again, but I DO intend on finishing this thing. I will NOT let it collect dust like I have in the past.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #29 on: 2004-06-18, 01:21 »

Well... I just completed the next hall, stairway, and spike shooter hall. That means... all I have left to do, pretty much, is one more area. Granted... it's another somewhat large one, but... I'm hoping to have it completed some time this weekend. Then it's off to playtesting and constructive criticism. Slipgate - Smile

There is one thing I noticed... and I have no idea what's causing it. In two areas on the map, the fps drops by about 20-30 while running through them. One area in particular, is one I made over a year ago and never had this problem before. It's not an overly detailed map, other than having curves in various places... it's pretty basic. I've ran through maps more detailed smooth as silk, so it's somewhat annoying getting a 30fps drop in a room where it shouldn't be happening.

Just keeping yas updated... and letting yas know that, no, it hasn't gone a day without work yet since I started on it again. Granted, sometimes it's just a quick modification here and there... but still... patience is a virtue. And I think this map shows just how patient I am... friggin two years... sad...

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2004-06-18, 20:11 »

try to run the game with r_showtris then you'll se what's drawn and what's not. also some shaders can hit your fps badly. another usefull tool is r_speeds and r_lockpivot (spelling?)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #31 on: 2004-06-20, 07:53 »

Thanks for that, Reboot. My problems have been fixed... except for the sky in one area. But that's been a problem since about a year and a half ago. I can see sections of other parts of the map through the sky.

Anyway... more pretty pictures to look at.

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v246/V...en/Quake3/E3M7/
password: sp4wnst3r

New ones are shots 0047 - 0038

What does those screenshots mean? That I really only have one major area left to work on, that's what. I started it today... granted it's only ONE wall right now, but still... annnnd I have softball tomorrow (or later today, if you prefer). Then I start work on Monday... from 4:30pm - 3:00am. Pretty much a day kill shift right there. I did want to finish it this weekend, but it probably won't happen. In any case... just another 'keeping updated' post, and again saying:
No... it's not dead......... yet. Slipgate - Wink

Slipgate - Ownage HeadBanging

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #32 on: 2004-06-28, 10:28 »

Well... the last week has been extremely unproductive. My comp took a shit after trying to reboot it last Monday, so nothing's happened to map since then.

I had to format my C drive to get it working again... I lost a lot of crap because of that, but luckily, my map is on my D drive.

In any case, just another progress report. Tomorrow (or today... considering it's 5am EST) will mostly be spent on trying to get back (redownload) everything I've lost... which will probably take a while. Never know though... I might decide to work on the ol' map sometime in between all of that. Granted, I have to download Radiant again, but that's no biggee.

Keep rockin', yos... HeadBanging

Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #33 on: 2004-08-23, 22:26 »

Status report!
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #34 on: 2004-08-23, 22:40 »

Yea i wonder the same thing....status spawn?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #35 on: 2005-04-30, 19:56 »

Hah! Long reply time here, eh? (check the dates)

Status is that the map is done. It could be better, but with how long it's been sitting around on my HD.. it's good enough.

Everything I have to say can be read here: http://www.livejournal.com/users/vaeladven/117115.html

It's quite a lengthy post, but it's all about the map. So don't worry about having to read anything personal, or rants, or whatever.

I'd rather all comments be made here, but whatever

All I really need is a place to host the file.. :|

Slipgate - Ownage
« Last Edit: 2005-04-30, 20:28 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2005-04-30, 20:42 »

we wantsss it - and screenshots :]

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #37 on: 2005-04-30, 20:44 »

From what I recall from the screenshots that used to be up, the map was looking pretty good.

We wants it, preciousssss.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #38 on: 2005-04-30, 21:15 »

Screenshots are a problem nowadays... same reason I can't put the file up anywhere, really.

If you want to see screenshots, you'll have to go through a somewhat lengthy process (just for viewing screenshots, that is).

First.. go to http://www.photobucket.com
Second.. login: Vaeladven password: sp4wnst3r (this is my guest password, hah!)
Third... click on Quake3, then click E3M7

And there ya go. Shots 0046-0056 are the ones I worked on the last few days. All previous shots are areas that were done a year+ ago. Some areas have received some MINOR touchups here and there, but it's nothing major.. so the shots still get the point across.

I also forgot to jump on top the 'cage' in the 'ending area' and take pics of the lightning gun secret area... oh well. It's not really too fancy anyway.

Going through them  you'll notice a few things...
1. Two quads
2. 3 Megahealths
3. Some of Tab's awesome textures
4. That I still love lights and lighting. Rawr! Especially lava lighting.

Enjoy.

(Now.. to find a file hosting place..)
« Last Edit: 2005-04-30, 21:36 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #39 on: 2005-04-30, 22:04 »

I really, really want to test this map before i say anything! Slipgate - Smile Please upload it somewhere, somehow, sometime! (soon i hope)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: