2024-04-19, 19:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Strogg Items (Coming up!)  (Read 14413 times)
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #20 on: 2003-06-11, 23:36 »

Blur are impressed as well, heh
they cant keep up with you tab Slipgate - Smile
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #21 on: 2003-06-13, 21:38 »

LOL, good thing the slipgate items should be pretty easy, they're all just boxes. BTW, don't forget the Doom and Wolf powerups like megahealth and invinsibility, those are still left to do after the slipgate stuff.
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #22 on: 2003-06-13, 22:56 »

powerups are all coming last, they arent scheduled for 99c
probably v1.0, same for the big armors

but i could be wrong Slipgate - Smile
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2003-06-14, 01:27 »

Gnam: I'm sorry to say it, but that bit about the 'only simple boxes' is  bollocks Slipgate - Smile
Ever taken a good look at the q2 items? only a few of them had more than 12  polies :]
Shells and other projectiles/cartridges were skin-only. All that has changed for Gen (and especially that is giving me the polycount-headaches). I've modelled 8 slipgate item models so far, and they've got a pretty high polycount.

Daedalus is right.
Actually I'm doing all the items in a three tier plan. First I make all ammo and all health items (not counting megahealth), and the armor shard.
Second tier consists of armors (they're relatively complex and require some planning & a bit more time to get right)
Third up are all the powerups - which Phoenix and I will tackle together since they need to kick ass?.
For this reason, we'll prolly take our sweet time creating them, too :]

I can already hear you thinking "but didn't I see a megahealth item somewhere around here?" - you're right. Bloody nitpicking bastid. You'll be the death of me someday. I felt like doing it! It seemed like a good idea at the time. I don't like making plans if I don't get to deviate from them a bit every now and then. There. Now get back to nitpicking about code-related stuff, you need to keep Pho busy and buy me some time, while I finish this shite :]

Edit: Maybe later I'll just go sit back and relax and be happy with what I've done - Strogg do NOT use cardboard.
« Last Edit: 2003-06-14, 11:44 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #24 on: 2003-06-14, 05:59 »

That's them all right. Good work. Maybe later you can make a skin for the bullets that looks more like cardboard. I suppose Stroggos doesn't have enough trees for that though. Evidently they've got plenty of metal. Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2003-06-15, 06:26 »

Buying YOU time Tab?  I still have to write the code to get the models to render you know.  I'll have work to do when you're done no matter how long or short it takes.

And no nitpicking the code please!  Design is... erm, nevermind. *grumble*

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #26 on: 2003-06-16, 06:40 »

I bow to your |337 skillz, Tab! Hail Hail Hail
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #27 on: 2003-06-17, 05:31 »

hooray for simple items

:ph34r:

Oh My F'ing Gawd

« Last Edit: 2003-06-17, 05:32 by Twilight » Logged
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #28 on: 2003-06-23, 06:06 »

Hey relax Tab, I was just being optimistic.

BTW, hey Omega X, have you noticed every level in X6 consists of like 3 badguy types; nightmare, hard hat mac, and one random other? Low point of the series if you ask me, and kinda disapointing cause X5 was pretty good. Hopefully X7 isn't done by Arika like the GC Battle Network and SFEX.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: