2024-04-23, 15:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ReBoOt tries to make textures  (Read 4439 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2003-06-08, 20:00 »

They are still in progress, but take a look at em if you like.
There are four quakeish textures for the moment

http://medlem.spray.se/reboots/quake3/text...q1_textures.htm
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-06-08, 23:23 »

A few notes as a (now Slipgate - Smile) fellow texturer/painter:

- The third texture is very good. Not oversatured or dull, nice gritty look, useful as a base, etc.
- The fourth is somewhat small and a has a bit saturated brownish colour for my tastes.
- The crate textures don't really work for me. They remind me of Q2 crates, but the logo is a bit rough and not evenly spaced on the first texture (dunno if you went for that look, but it reminded me of what Blur used for their textures, which were completely wrong for the Stroggos-style (qw is different  ofcourse)). The shading isn't too convincing and a bit blurry.
The open areas in the crate (at the bottom) make it seem a bit thin, and thus prevent the crate from having a certain sense of weight to it.

Just my 2 cts - hope you don't mind :]
« Last Edit: 2003-06-08, 23:23 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-06-09, 20:34 »

hehe tnx tab Thumbs up! , i really appreciate feedback texturing is damn difficult o_O
Well i agree about the crate, tho im just "testing" various things on that box still not sure what i'll do about it but i think i'll make it more..."woodish" Slipgate - Wink
Yes this is supposed to be a quake world styled box. it do have some differences compared to the q2 ones.

btw i did some more textures today but im to lazy to upload em, anyway the latest textures i've made is supposed to be in a earth themed map later on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: