2024-03-29, 07:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: A fun project  (Read 81180 times)
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #120 on: 2005-04-28, 14:39 »

Hey Tab: Gimme a bit and I'll try some voice work for him. Slipgate - Smile
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #121 on: 2005-04-28, 21:48 »

Actually, if memory serves, the quake manual says the grunts were.. modified so that they'd have a "paroxysm of ecstacy" on killing someone..

So, in attempting to keep my mind out of the gutter.. Maybe just have wobble/tilt back a bit and cackle?

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #122 on: 2005-04-28, 23:17 »

That model is excellent. I can't think of anything to say thats not been said.  Why you are not doing this for a living is the only thing I don't understand. (but don't go till Gens finished!) Thumbs up!
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #123 on: 2005-04-29, 15:14 »

More good news!

I've called it a day. Not striving for perfection on this, I call it done and done. There are no sounds yet, but fearing that it will take quite a long time to make them, I decided to release without them. If and when a good sound pack is made, I will release it separately.

http://www.tabun.nl/tmp/gen/tabun_qforcer.zip

Just smack the PK3 in your baseq3 dir and choose /model qforcer.
There's a red and blue skin, but no others yet.

Have fun and let me know what you all think.

P.S.

The following highly illegal and very temporary placeholder set of sounds is available to spice the model up. Just for nostalgia - be sure not to hang on to them, for the wrath of id shall be upon thou!

http://www.tabun.nl/tmp/gen/tabun_qforcer_qsounds.zip

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #124 on: 2005-04-29, 15:26 »

excellent model, just ebing playing as him

and

IT'S FRICKIN AWESOME !!!!!!!

brings back the good old days.  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!

oh i've had an idea, say i had the old q3 models that depicted familiar characters from id games how would i go about say changed them from arena to doom warrior?

plus he doesn't appear in gen, i only tested him in vanilla quake and chance on fixing him for slippy play?
« Last Edit: 2005-04-29, 16:24 by Lordbane2110 » Logged
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #125 on: 2005-04-29, 19:35 »

The enforcer here seems to suffer from the same swimming bug thing that Doom suffers from. I was running around q3dm12 map in third person and noticed it. As I said tho.. this also happens with the Doom model, so... I dunno.

Also notcied that his torso doesn't show up in the shadows when 'cg_shadows 2' is set. Head and legs are there tho...

All in all tho... it brought a tear to my eye while I was running around. Note that I also used the 'illegal' sound pack. Man... that was just awesome... "Freeze! *rail*"

EDIT: As for him not showing up in Gen, I disagree...

He doesn't have a bot tho... so maybe that's what you meant..
« Last Edit: 2005-04-29, 23:03 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #126 on: 2005-04-30, 02:44 »

He's got pretty much the exact same swimming animations as Doom, so that would explain the 'swimming bug' - although I don't know what that is.
The shadows == a mystery to me. Perhaps the lack of LOD versions? Then again.. why only the torso? Makes no sense to me.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #127 on: 2005-04-30, 03:14 »

Load up q3 arena and use the doom model. Pick a map with water on it... make sure cheats are enabled with '/devmap'... then type '/cg_thirdperson 1'. Then go swimming. Slipgate - Smile

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #128 on: 2005-05-01, 18:50 »

Quote from: Lordbane2110
oh i've had an idea, say i had the old q3 models that depicted familiar characters from id games how would i go about say changed them from arena to doom warrior?

plus he doesn't appear in gen, i only tested him in vanilla quake and chance on fixing him for slippy play?
Tab: Excellent work as usual!! Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Thumbs up!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

Bane: Pho will probably eat me alive for this, but you need to copy Ranger's animation2.cfg file to the Enforcer's folder to use him as a Slippy player. However, this is a VERY dodgy technique as these files are apparently going to have 3rd person anims in them come v1.0. Do so at your own risk.

*me hides
« Last Edit: 2005-05-01, 18:53 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #129 on: 2005-05-01, 20:40 »

Copy what to what? The hell you say.

Download the file, unzip it, and it's ready to go as a Slipgate model, chief!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #130 on: 2005-05-01, 22:19 »

Indeed... I didn't have to copy anything to get it working as a Slippy model. You can use it as a Slippy model on the Euro server as well... but it doesn't work on Central... *shrug*

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #131 on: 2005-05-02, 01:45 »

No need to copy ANYTHING. In fact, don't do it. Don't. Thanks.

It currently only works on pure servers, hence the Central-not-worky thing.

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #132 on: 2005-05-02, 02:17 »

Correction: It currently only works on non-pure servers, hence the Central-not-worky thing. Thumbs up!

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #133 on: 2005-05-02, 02:20 »

Ehr. quite.

/me withdraws and re-inserts foot in mouth.

mecha

Shambler

« Reply #134 on: 2005-05-02, 03:11 »

stop performing illegal activities... or ruination will run wild on you.

Slipgate - Wink
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #135 on: 2005-05-02, 06:06 »

Ah, indeed. Just had a look at the contents of the .pk3. I stand corrected. Banging Head against Wall

*me amputates leg and eats it

BTW What illegal activities? Doom - Huh?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #136 on: 2005-05-02, 15:06 »

i tink he mean's nicking the animation files.  would that work with Arachnatron?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #137 on: 2005-05-02, 15:09 »

The whole point is that animation files ARE in there.

And I guess it would work with the Arachnotron, yes. A construction much like this one may/will/might later be used for Resurgence.

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #138 on: 2005-05-02, 16:14 »

I'm pretty sure it would work with any third-party model, in theory. Phoenix can correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I think the animation2.cfg system right now is a placeholder that currently just links certain models to specific classes, with future plans to have the animation2.cfg file handle individual stances to properly hold two gats, BFGs, etc.

From what I can tell, any model without at least a placeholder animation2.cfg file will not appear in Gen at the moment. I have the PMS model in my baseq3 folder, and Gen completely ignores its existance.
« Last Edit: 2005-05-02, 16:15 by Makou » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #139 on: 2005-05-02, 16:34 »

Correct, Makou.  Animation2.cfg is used right now to control which models can be called for a specific class.  It will also control additional player stances once we can include them.  I do try to plan ahead, as I've said before.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: