2024-03-28, 19:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: A fun project  (Read 81174 times)
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #160 on: 2005-05-06, 18:14 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Slipgate is function over form
What a great way to put it. maybe why I love slippy guns.  Slipgate - Ownage
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #161 on: 2005-05-06, 18:16 »

I finally played with the model , it looks sweet but still i think its a wee bit to flat .
sometime i think that the ranger model looks more detailed . but thats just me .

anyway , I made somekind of packet with , enemys of the old quake games (q4*hybrid , imp , arachnatron revanant ,etc..... ) and repacked them into a packet with animation2.cfg files in them so that they show up in generations arena .

now gen looks a wee bit sweeter again with the arachnatron firing green plasma , the q4gladiator shoting at ya and the grunts shooting nails at you . Thumbs up!
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #162 on: 2005-05-06, 18:22 »

Define 'flat'.. (preferrably in words that are in everyone's dictionary, with the common understood meaning still applicable to them.. Slipgate - Smile)
It has about 2.5 times the amount of polies Ranger has, and it's far more rounded and even has pronounced pecs in its armor, a head modeled inside of the helmet and fully modeled legpads (which Ranger lacks). The skin on it is definately not blurry and has about 4 + 4 = 8 times the pixels Ranger's skin has.. I don't quite follow your meaning?

I am fixing some things however: the swim animation (id even borked this on the actual Doom model in their release.. might have to slap in a new animation.cfg for Doom too, while we're at it) - and the Axe animation, which is normally unused in Q3. I'm going to have the QForcer take a real swing with his axe :]
« Last Edit: 2005-05-06, 18:24 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #163 on: 2005-05-06, 19:21 »

Er... careful with extra animations there.  For Gen purposes I'm planning on adding extra stances and animations, including axe swings, that will be controlled and parsed from animation2.cfg.  I don't have the order down yet, but all the Team Arena animation slots will be converted for this purpose - and renamed as well.  By all means, fix Doom's swimming though, I wasn't aware he had a bug!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #164 on: 2005-05-06, 19:37 »

I dunno tab , it looks flat like a cartoon .

and pho
  but all the Team Arena animation slots will be converted for this purpose 

what do you mean with Team arena animations slots , I never saw those guys do anyting special and they looked even stiffer then the original quake 3 charecters .
« Last Edit: 2005-05-06, 19:40 by games keeper » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #165 on: 2005-05-06, 19:56 »

Ehr, the 'swing animation' isn't much more than the gauntlet attack transformed into a swing, rather than a punch, so I don't think that'll cause any problems. It looks cool as it is now..

I'll upload the fixed animation config file on the beta board.

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #166 on: 2005-05-06, 23:08 »

so games keeper

any chance of posting the files with cfg'ed monsters
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #167 on: 2005-05-07, 05:42 »

Games Keeper:  You don't see netcode either, but it's there right?

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #168 on: 2005-05-07, 11:41 »

oh scalliano 1 thing . if you make a bot file , you can set the railguncolors other that purple and red .

just make your script like this .

{
name      qforcer
funname      "Enforcer"
model      qforcer
color1 1
color2 7
aifile   bots/qforcer_c.c
}

this wil give the bot a blue and white railguncolor Slipgate - Wink

any chance of posting the files with cfg'ed monsters  

ah well , here is a wee bit of a problem .
I dont have a site to upload it 2 and its actually a wee bit illegal what i just did since I altered other peoples work without asking permission . so at this moment I will keep this pk3 file for myself .

unless ofcours i only release the pk3 with animation2.cfg in it and no models in it .
but then I still need a place to upload it 2 .

list of current monsters and classes .
arachnatron => doom
imp => doom
revanant => doom
q4hybrid => strogg
q4gladiator => strogg
reaper => slipgate ( the axe is the closest thing that resembles a scyte and he fits the class ) .
misstres => ogether with slipgate  electricity whes 1 of her attacks in the games anyway . and it fits the gothic style of q1 .
magdalena +> wel this is 1 of the harder ones , I think strogg since he has that mechanicle advanced thingy about him , like the mutant in q2 only technical advanced like stroggs would do to creatures .
gargoyle => the hardest 1 for the moment , its a gargoyle so I would say klesk (doom )
but it doesnt look like a doom monster so I would say q3 .

( still need a bunch of earth monsters ) btw , since I only include the animation2.cfgs the packet will weight in a small couple of Kb .

any monster sombody thinks about that should be included pls tell me now ( still searching polycount for other models ).

also i got a problem that the arachnatron doesnt shoot green plasma but pink , this is easily fixed by adding a bot script for it with 2 lines more in it .
now the problem is that people who dont have the arachnatron model but would have my .pk3 will recieve an error in the console every time the computer tries to load up my bot and doenst find the model  .
« Last Edit: 2005-05-07, 12:54 by games keeper » Logged
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #169 on: 2005-05-07, 15:01 »

Thanks, GK, except that Slippy doesn't have a RG Slipgate - Wink Nonetheless, attached is a .pk3 with said RG colours just to keep the "shaft" feel on the old RG in VQ3.

On the player model note, I use fs_basegame missionpack and have a little .pk3 that puts Pi and all the TA characters in Arena and Fritzkrieg as Earth. You need to have Team Arena for this to work, mind. Like I said before, I do this purely for playing offline.
« Last Edit: 2005-05-07, 15:02 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #170 on: 2005-05-07, 15:13 »

yeah fritzkrieg

didn't think about him, but as a earth soldier. he's perfect
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #171 on: 2005-05-07, 16:52 »

I have team arena and i did include fritzkrieg in earth and the rest in arena , problem is that fritz and pi dont have CTF skins Slipgate - Sad
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #172 on: 2005-05-07, 18:50 »

I could set you up with some basic recoloured ones that I have (I'm particularly proud of Pi's blue eye-laser), but that might be illegal. Anyone care to shed some light on this?
« Last Edit: 2005-05-07, 18:51 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #173 on: 2005-06-03, 11:08 »

/me resurrects the topic.

Well, I finally found my microphone about two days ago or so.  I threw together some voicework stuff, but it's incomplete as of right now, because I want some feedback before going any further..

I tried to emulate the sound of whoever did the original wave files for the Enforcer, but my voice doesn't match up very well so I took some creative license.  I wasn't quite sure what you imagined the Enforcer to be saying with the taunt animation either Tabun, so I winged it and mimicked Ranger's taunt.  I can't match up the style of voice I did with the pain grunts with the taunt without sounding rediculously cheesy so I kind of went for a raspy, evil voice that says "Enforcer."  I imagine I could probably redo the pain grunts in a more raspy voice but not the other way around unfortunately.

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #174 on: 2005-06-03, 22:49 »

needs a bit clearing up but sounds good
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #175 on: 2005-06-03, 23:11 »

Quote from: Lordbane2110
needs a bit clearing up but sounds good
I actually garbled the sounds a bit on purpose to try and capture how the original files distorted the character's voice because his head is inside a helment.  I know that id didn't bother doing that with DOOM in Q3A so I can always change it. Slipgate - Smile

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #176 on: 2005-06-03, 23:18 »

Who is the q forcer? is that hyperblaster guy from Q1?
« Last Edit: 2005-06-03, 23:19 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Creed

Light Guard

« Reply #177 on: 2005-06-18, 19:21 »

Tabun you really did a good job on this one.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #178 on: 2006-08-11, 13:52 »

Belated thanks, mate. :]

Just for consistency's sake, here's the files that will run on the official Generations servers:

- The Q-Forcer player model
- ]The Q-Forcer player sounds
- The Q-Forcer bot files

(I've adapted OoPpEe's soundpack, adding that drown sound)
« Last Edit: 2006-08-12, 12:49 by Tabun » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #179 on: 2006-08-11, 18:07 »

Tab, for some reason I'm not seeing the icons for Qforcer in the selection area when I use the Players menu for Slipgaters.

Edit:  I found out why.  PM incoming.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-11, 18:42 by Phoenix » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: