2024-03-28, 10:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doom FFA (5-12)  (Read 6927 times)
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« on: 2005-05-12, 03:40 »

And it's back to being in a hurry with this stuff. Sorry guys. Your custom gametype this Thursday is Doom Free-For-All, so have a blast.

European Games

Server: GenArena FFA Euro 0.99f | 80.79.36.5:27960 | Playerlimit: 20
Time: 9pm CET

North American Games

Server: GenArena Central[WHS] .99f | 69.93.136.70:27960 | Playerlimit: 20
Time: 9pm EST
« Last Edit: 2005-05-12, 03:40 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Khrystoph

« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-12, 22:23 »

I'm playin' D&D tonight (I'm a rogue cleric, tee hee), and FFA really isn't my thing anyway.  I'd like to have at least some people in the game not shooting at me.

Any chace of having CTF on Saturday, or is the game type there a regular thing?
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-12, 22:29 »

The reason I don't specifically name a gametype on my Saturday forum posts is because it's up to the people playing -- it defaults to FFA, but you're free to callvote another gametype if you'd like.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-13, 02:43 »

We used to have a CTF night, but it spawned so many aruguements that we canned it.

I like CTF so much more than TDM it's not funny, however.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-05-13, 18:17 »

I like CTF as well, except I tend to get on either a team that can't be beat, or a team that has no chance, or the former ends up leading to the latter when people overcompensate for it.  I'd play more CTF if it weren't for that fact.  I will, however, demo and screenshot any CTF game so long as players don't just start dropping like flies.  That's what tends to happen.  If people will stick around for a CTF game and not stack the teams one way or the other I'll happily take some demos for you.  Thumbs up!

By the way, how did the Doom FFA game go?  I was unable to attend and I'm curious as to the turnout.
« Last Edit: 2005-05-13, 18:18 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-05-13, 18:37 »

Euro turnout was average. Nothing like the HUGE Doom game we had, but not under par for a custom game night either. I can't speak for the US players, since I had to take a nap early, but I happened to notice that the true Doom hogs weren't really around this time (that's you Yickle!) :]

I'll upload some demos and post in the 99fdemos thread, too.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #6 on: 2005-05-14, 01:56 »

Think there was 4 or 5 people that showed up while I was there (that is including me). Con left after about 2 maps.. Rob and myself left 2 maps after that. There was still people playing tho, so I guess it wasn't all too bad.

Saw Con trying to figure out if there was a way to get 'forced random, minus doom' in IRC.. so, I dunno. Slipgate - Smile

As for CTF... I never really played what I'll dub, normal, CTF. Played QWTF and Q3F in clans tho, so I don't think it would be too hard to adapt. Only thing that would pose a problem would be my horrid aim nowadays. I'm also 100% defense... unless it plays out differently than a TF environment... after all, the flag returns when a team member touches it instead of after 60sec... soooooo, yea. Doomed <--- blank stare
« Last Edit: 2005-05-14, 01:59 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-05-14, 02:25 »

Quote from: ~SpAwN~
I'm also 100% defense
At least you understand the concept of defense.  That's a plus.  Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2005-05-14, 04:09 »

I played three maps, and got bored. I just don't like the doom class much in general.

Deadmeat, however, was a blast.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #9 on: 2005-05-14, 04:59 »

I tried to play, but both the Euro and US games were unplayable for me, which is very odd considering network uses here at SUCO falls like a rock once finals week begins.

Saturday will be different, I hope.

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #10 on: 2005-05-14, 05:00 »

/me sighs

HOW DID I MISS THIS?! Sobbing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: