2024-04-20, 12:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 3 Mod Watch  (Read 17699 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-05, 14:04 »

I also just finished playing Nanosaur 2.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-05, 16:55 »

I play JDoom with the models enabled (very Q2Gen-looking IMO), although I only recently found out that there was a fix to allow JDoom to run the old Aliens TC (one of the best Doom mods ever IMO) "Sir, this place is dead. Whatever happened here, I think we missed it ..."

I recently completed the Doom64 TC and it got me thinking: Damn, if this is what the Doomsday engine is really capable of, it would be nice to see a port of the PSX version(s), but there's not much chance of that.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-06, 01:19 »

Quote from: scalliano
"Sir, this place is dead. Whatever happened here, I think we missed it ..."
Oh the memories. <3

Just love the old Alien movies. Although from 3 on they weren't all that good.(Oops slightly Slipgate - Off Topic )
I liked the PS one version of DooM alot. It had alot of levels. And one of the only ports that I've played that the bodies(gibbed or whole) actually flew when hit with the bfg or clacker(RL)... Unlike the Super NES version.Arrrgggg!! Piece of crap!!Speaking of PS one ports: anybody play Q2 on it. I used to think it was the bomb when it first came out. Too bad it didn't have a usable analog control. You couldn't configure it right. Slipgate - Distraught .

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-06, 13:41 »

Slipgate - Off Topic The PS port of Q2 was good IMO, but it was let down by way too many loading areas, although this was more down to memory restrictions. Still, can't have everything.

And, yes I agree, both Alien3 and Resurrection sucked.

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-06, 18:20 »

And, yes I agree, both Alien3 and Resurrection sucked.
Those two were horrible Alien 3 was just an Alien movie wrapped around a bunch of "F" bombs, and Resurrection was a movie that should have never been. I have a boxed set of Alien movies that say "Trilogy" on them. Trilogy's don't have 4 parts.

AvP was quite interesting. If you could get past that wacked out plot. But it put a neat twist on both series.

Wow, what a rant. Sorry had nothing to do with Mods, but got me wanting to break out AvP 2. Fun game to say the least.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #25 on: 2005-06-06, 19:40 »

Friggin Awsome!

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #26 on: 2005-06-06, 19:52 »

(don't nobody ask what a dalek is)
If they have to ask, they will be exterminaaaated!

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #27 on: 2005-06-06, 22:13 »

/me finds dark place to hide  Slipgate - Ninja

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #28 on: 2005-06-10, 21:20 »

It's that time of the week again, so what have i found

well so far there haven't been that many great mods banded around at the mo

what is out however is good

so my top mods for this week are

1. World of Padman , zany, original and very good fun
2. DeGeneration, nice addition to the cool freebie Return to castle wolfenstein enemy Territory
3. Killing floor for UT2004, only a demo at the mo, but still enough there to show what might be a classy mod in the future
4. Project Raptor V4 for CnC Generals Zero Hour, even if you hated generals, and some do, you find a good sized mod briming with new units and building that make the general sides that much more unique than before
5. Chaos UT2004, yeah i know it's getting on a bit and they haven't updated the mod since december but i dare anybody not to like the duel mode while using weapons only ( Oh how i have missed you Bastard Sword)
6. U4E. if you have played chaos, meet it's zanier twin. weirder weapons bug gun anybody ?
7. Clone Bandits. played only for the sheer enjoyment of killing somebody with a flamingo mine from the lounge tank  Slipgate - Smile~

and finally my mod of the week

drum roll please

Quake 3 Invasion

finally got it to work and it's great, a mad mod based on the alien movies definately needs work but what's there will keep you going for hours  Thumbs up!
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #29 on: 2005-06-10, 21:48 »

quake 3 invasion is pretty cool. gamespay arcade doesnt have it under mods tho so its hard to find multiplayer games
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #30 on: 2005-06-19, 16:35 »

It's another week and I'm Back

quite a lot going on, so i'll keep it brief

bein playing alot of

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil and the bosses are pants (seriously the first 2 shouldn't have got out of bed)

Empire Earth 2 still very cool

Mythic Blades a Brand new beat - em up set in mythology

and the original painkeep (quake 1 version for people who have no idea what i'm talking about)

plus anybody know where i can get bots for it ?

so what has been happening on the mod scene

well i'll tell you

Jedi Knight 3 Jedi Academy has gained a new mod

Movie Battles, yes now you too can have sabers lock mid battle to see who will win (great for those Luke versus Darth Battles)

and well that's about it

Slipgate - WTF  yes that's right nothing has happened
« Last Edit: 2005-06-19, 16:35 by Lordbane2110 » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2005-06-19, 20:34 »

Slipgate - Off Topic Is there any particular reason you have to double-space your posts?  Slipgate - Off Topic

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #32 on: 2005-06-19, 23:07 »

unfortunately yes

due to the fact my eyes are slightly dodgy if there's too much writing in one block it sends my eyes funny and looks blurry
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #33 on: 2005-06-20, 02:02 »

Anyone remember that old Atari game "Combat"?

Well, check this out!!

http://www.planetquake.com/quake3/features...tw/combat.shtml

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2005-06-20, 02:43 »

Quote from: Lordbane2110
unfortunately yes

due to the fact my eyes are slightly dodgy if there's too much writing in one block it sends my eyes funny and looks blurry
Ok, that makes sense.
(Edit:  I was being sarcastic for the reasons Tab states below.)
« Last Edit: 2005-06-20, 04:16 by Phoenix » Logged

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #35 on: 2005-06-20, 02:57 »

Doesn't make much sense to me. Why only have one post (namely your own) - which you won't be reading a lot - look readable to yourself? Why not use visibility tools, or increase the font size with your browser? That way we wouldn't be bothered by something only meant to assist you, and you would have the benefit of being able to read _all_ posts comfortably.. everybody wins.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #36 on: 2005-06-20, 04:41 »

Anyone remember that old Atari game "Combat"?

Well, check this out!!

http://www.planetquake.com/quake3/features...tw/combat.shtml
Heh, it's funny you should mention that; Pho, Omega-X, and I played a few rounds of that mod.  Pho noticed that you could arc the shots given the right touch, and he rigged up some kind of config that made him unbelievably good (even though he was whupping our buts already,) at killing off people on higher floors than he was.  Aside from the whole strafing tank thing, it's a fantastic little tribute to Combat. Slipgate - Smile

That also reminds me of another great, little known mod.  It's called arQ and it's based off an old computer game called Archon which in turn is a variation of chess.  You can go here if you're interested.  Like Gen, it'll work on any map. Slipgate - Smile

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #37 on: 2005-06-20, 05:55 »

Vertical aiming just took getting a feel for it, and I suppose I have an advantage in that I'm used to dealing with three dimensional movement.  My "special config" merely consisted of binding a convenient key to "centerview" so I could quickly reset the gun to level from whatever angle it had been at previously.  This made flat ground fighting a lot easier and kept me from blowing myself up as much as you guys did - resulting in a higher net gain of frags.  Slipgate - Smile

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #38 on: 2005-06-20, 12:53 »

Slipgate - Off Topic http://www.planetquake.com/brazen/arq/shot...ots/shot003.jpg
 Slipgate - Off Topic

OH MY GOD!!! Now i know why you are a lord of the arenas  Slipgate - Grin .

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #39 on: 2005-06-20, 13:54 »

Quote from: Lordbane2110

plus anybody know where i can get bots for it ?

I had or still have a reaper bot patch that would let you use it with the painkeep thing. worked for me. It must still be about somewhere on the net, or I could try and find it in my old CDs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: