2024-03-29, 16:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III sucked.. (...complete and utter ass!)  (Read 15919 times)
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« on: 2005-06-02, 10:05 »

It isn't even worth my time to expand upon my arguement. This movie just plain, sucked balls.

Beer? I'm down.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-02, 15:57 »

I liked it. Easily the best of the new trilogy, and nearly as good as some of the original.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-02, 18:38 »

Ok, so you have an opinion but are unwilling to expound upon it, which means you didn't like it but can't or won't offer any reasoning for your dislike.  This means nobody here can relate to your opinion, which makes it completely irrelevent.  On the bright side it does mean you're not posting any spoilers or sharing any in-depth plot details.

Oh, and I say the movie rocked, and I can give some reasons why it rocked, spoiler-tagged just to be safe:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-02, 20:27 »

i personally liked it

although it will never replace episode v the empire strikes back as the best star wars film ever
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-02, 22:45 »

"Wah wah wah, I'm not a Jedi Master, wah wah wah, I'm going to cry about it in front of Samuel L., wah wah wah, I'm supposed to be one of the most powerful Jedi/Sith in the Galaxy and I'm being a sporking emo kid."

Give me a break.

Let me ask you guys a question. If you were a Jedi and had the ability to sense other peoples' feelings/intentions, would that not  include the ablility to sense a conspiracy involving MILLIONS OF CLONED SOLDIERS?!

This movie was overflowing with utter bullshit. That's why I felt, during my first post this was not worth my time to expand upon. But since you forced my hand bird, I have no choice but to tell you why you are amiss.

And by the way, one can discover better transitions in my colon.

Update: Actually, check this out. I just stumbled upon it.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.....cgi?u=episode3
« Last Edit: 2005-06-02, 22:53 by McDeth » Logged

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-02, 23:30 »

Wow, what a whine-fest of a page from someone who is just a hatemonger for a fictional movie series.  Now how pathetic is that?  Let's take a few points in turn.  First:  That link has some spoilers so anyone who hasn't seen the movie is now warned.

f you were a Jedi and had the ability to sense other peoples' feelings/intentions, would that not include the ablility to sense a conspiracy involving MILLIONS OF CLONED SOLDIERS?!
Let's see, one thing that struck me from Episode 1 is when Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan are sitting next to Palpatine (not using spoiler tags because everyone knows he's the freaking Sith Lord anyway, courtesy of Episode VI) they did not sense that he was.  Reason?  As Yoda put it, "The Dark Side clouds everything".  

Regarding Anakin's conversion to the Dark Side, are you DENSE?  Is the page author denser?  Look at what he did in Episode 2, he was already tempted and started down the path.  

I addressed that abomination of a page only because you seem to echo its sentiments.  Now let's get one thing straight - I'm no Star Wars fanatic.  mecha is the Star Wars nut.  To me it's just like every other movie series.  I will, however, apply my brain to something before dismissing it, and I'm willing to be forgiving when I watch a film as long as I am entertained by it.  I don't watch something like Star Wars and critique it like it's some kind of high art.  It's a freaking movie!  I also don't see how my viewpoint is amiss because, to me, there are logical reasons to explain everything you're attacking.  There are plenty of things in the movie that are worth criticizing, such as the awful droid chatter, but so far you haven't brought any up.  If anything you've picked some of the worst reasons to attack the film precisely because they're easily explained.[/color]
« Last Edit: 2005-06-02, 23:32 by Phoenix » Logged

mecha

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-02, 23:55 »

Star Wars nut?!?

I was until I saw what complete dorks tr00 Star Wars fans are. Slipgate - Wink

Maddox generally is right about most things... the things he's not right about are The Matrix and Star Wars. now I've seen all 3 prequels in the theater, and as much as the WTF?!? factor was up during 1and 2, I didn't have that with 3, and I was thoroughly entertained by 3 the entire time it was going on.

if you want a credible source (sorry brother Maddox) for Star Wars-dom, visit my LJ. I deal with whiny sporks like you towards the end of my last entry, McDeth. OMG LUCAS IS A SHITTY WRITER!!!11!!11 OMGZ11! LoLz

http://www.livejournal.com/users/mecha187/

he has more money than you. he was an innovator. he can re-release his films as many times as he wants, and millions of people will still buy it.

why? cause Lucas is a bonafide marketing genius. now know your role and stfu.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-03, 00:24 »

Star Wars sucks, plain and simple. Even the originals. Slipgate - Wink

(even more bias)

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-03, 03:47 »

I'm going to agree with Pho here for the most part.

(rampant spoiler tags, just in case)

Episode III was a vast improvement over I & II, however there were a few elements that forced it to remain inferior to the originals, IMO.  The droid chatter was indeed annoying...
... to ward off those who would say the same about R2D2's noises, I say this: R2 beeping is another matter entirely, he's simply communicating with C3PO, and the humans around him - who do not have the benefit of a more efficient means of communication.

I also found the
to be rather tacky, reminding me of something from a "B" sci-fi movie from the early 70's... but perhaps that's just a subjective issue.

The dialogue of Anakin and Padme (between each other, and with others) dramatically improved with Episode III, but there were still some parts that seem like they tried too hard to develop a sense of attachment with the viewer, or something of that sort... case in point:
so cheesy I almost gagged in the theatre.  This bit of dialogue alone shaved about 1/2 point off my rating of the entire movie Slipgate - Tongue

Still, it stands head and shoulders above I & II.  I don't think I even saw Jar Jar, other than in the background of a scene or two, where I almost missed him entirely.  The depth and exposition provided by the scenes on
« Last Edit: 2005-06-03, 03:50 by Dr. Jones » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-03, 03:58 »

Wookie bowcasters are normal. I think Chewwie had one in the originals.
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-03, 04:34 »

the wookiee bowcaster is common. he uses it in ROTJ if I recall. so it's nothing new. if you played any of the Jedi Knight games, they were always in those too. consider it the SW shotgun, since it has a spread. hah
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-03, 06:01 »

To be honest, I was disappointed in Episode 3.  I still view Episode 2 as the best of the series, but there were aspects about 3 that I enjoyed more than 2.  For instance, the dialogue exchanged between Palpatine and Anakin throughout the film was among some of the best dialogue in the entire series.  I wouldn't go so far as to say the downfall of Anakin was entirely believable, but I would say that it was very convincing.

Now for my criticisms...

Now on to a minor gripe...

My gripe with the prequel trilogy as a whole and where I start to devolve into a tired rant...

I am a bit biased when it comes to Star Wars, because I did not care for the original trilogy, but I still respect it for what it was.  The reason why I like Episode 2 so much is because it combined all the aspects of the series that I enjoyed, Jedi mythology, light-saber battles, and a great sense of character development.  There was a shit load of fan service as well, namely getting to see Yoda fight for the first time.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-03, 17:12 »

There was a shit load of fan service as well, namely getting to see Yoda fight for the first time. 

you really want to get slapped by con don't ya ?
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-03, 21:54 »

Quote from: Kain-Xavier

Yes, my entire reply was in spoilertext - deal with it Slipgate - Tongue
« Last Edit: 2005-06-03, 21:54 by Dr. Jones » Logged
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-03, 22:42 »

i personally think after all the gripes

it fills the void that links the new trilogy to the original trilogy, which is nuff said

i hope that episodes 7 to 9 don't take another 30 years

as they have already been huge ass rumors on the geek pages
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-03, 22:59 »

Quote from: games keeper
you really want to get slapped by con don't ya ?
Gameskeeper, I liked that part as I stated earlier that Episode II was my favorite.

You made some good points Jones.  Slipgate - Smile  

Slipgate - Off Topic

Btw was it just me or did the actor who played as Dooku look like crap?  And by crap, I mean seriously ill or something  along those lines.

Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-03, 23:07 »

yeah i think christopher lee isn't well at the moment

plus if knights of the old republic 1 & 2 are anything to go bye

you go all pasty and sickly looking by being strongly aligned to the darkside

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-04, 04:10 »

Uh... ever see Sarumon in Lord of the Rings?  Christopher Lee always looks half-dead.  That's just how he is.

mecha

Shambler

« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-04, 06:57 »

yeah, I mean the bastard's like 83 years old. when 83 years old you reach, look as good you will not! Slipgate - Wink

I thought he was awesome, IMO. he was hardcore in the Clone Wars cartoons too.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-04, 12:49 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Uh... ever see Sarumon in Lord of the Rings?  Christopher Lee always looks half-dead.  That's just how he is.
It's been a while since I've seen him in any other film so you're probably right heh.  Was he in the first Lord of the Rings movie?  That's the only one I've seen, and I don't remember it all that well.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-04, 12:50 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: