2024-04-19, 07:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dead Simple for Generations. (test version) (A test version of Dead Simple.)  (Read 7660 times)
shaviro

Unnamed Player

« on: 2003-09-06, 16:28 »

I have made a new map for generations (or at least so am I told Slipgate - Wink).
It's already been played by Tabun and others in #wirehead.

The item placement isn't as good as I'd like it to be, so I'd like some of you to test it and report back to me in this thread Slipgate - Smile

Dead Simple (1.4.0)

Thanks in advance Slipgate - Smile
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-09-06, 17:28 »

Downloading and testing now.

Also moving this to the Laced Neptune mapping forum.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-09-06, 17:51 »

I like the layout, and the slight variations on height are nice.

But I miss the item placement of the original.

There's many versions of Dead Simple out right now, but none of them follow the original item layout. That's the reason none of them are in our mappacks.

If you can make an attractive looking level with the original item/powerup layout, I can almost guarantee it being in our next mappack.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-09-06, 17:59 »

A few things I think would make this map better, broken down into little phrases:

- Switch the RL and GL placements.
 - Where's the Railgun?
 - Where's the SSG?
 - Where's the Red Armor (or any armor for that matter)?

Other than that, it looks and feels great! Maybe you could add another level to it, like people could take a ladder/jumppad/rocket-jump to the top... Just an idea  Slipgate - Smile

IMO, as long as it's fun with good playability for all classes, it belongs in the mappack.  Hail
« Last Edit: 2003-09-06, 18:01 by Tekhead » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2003-09-06, 19:52 »

cool shaviro im off to test this map after the forum games Slipgate - Smile
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2003-09-06, 20:33 »

Please, don't add a second level. Dead simple is the ultimate box map. It's not supposed to be fancy, just a giant mash in the middle.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #6 on: 2003-09-06, 22:00 »

right.. no second level...

But however, no clip brushes to keep you off of obsticles with rocket jumping either..

A few of the other versions of the map use clip brushes to prevent RJ'ing onto the top of places you couldnt get to in the origional..

I think the ability ro rocket jump adds another dimension to it.. which IMHO is good...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-09-06, 22:30 »

yes! second level with a railgun and armor floating in the center!!
oh yeah, and when you do RJ really high, there's a HOM effect around the edges of the map.  Slipgate - Sad

Think outside the box! =D
« Last Edit: 2003-09-06, 22:33 by Tekhead » Logged
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-09-07, 01:28 »

No, I do not think a second level would be a good idea either. However, I would like to be able to rocket jump onto the roofs Slipgate - Wink
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2003-09-07, 02:01 »

Let's keep the SIMPLE in mind, here.  If it's going to be Dead Un-simple then it spoils the whole concept.

I agree with Con - Item placement should be like the original.  A nice high sky so people can Rocketjump if they like is fine, but no second level, no items up top, and no Quads.  Respawning invisibility will add enough fun to this map, additional powerups would only spoil it.  I'm also very much AGAINST a railgun in this map, so please, no rail.  Lightning gun for the chaingun pickup will do just fine.  Sorry Tek, need to use another gun once in a while! Slipgate - Laugh

The geometry looks nice, I like the change from the usual Q3 stuff.  It does look a bit Stroggish actually, but I still like the appearance.  I can't wait to see how this will turn out.  Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-09-07, 18:53 »

The item layout should be like the original. and since you couldnt rocket jump in doom i still believe that the roof should be clipped off.
otherwise the map kick ass, it get's better with each new version Slipgate - Smile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: