2024-04-28, 01:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: More thieving (People will never learn.)  (Read 21765 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2005-06-09, 18:01 »

Legal crew, heads up.

A good buddy of mine, Steady (working on ETF), happened upon some mod team doing the nasty with (among others) our stuff. There's the usual theft, and there's some unacknowledged and illegitimate modifications thrown in the mix.

This time, it's some lousy German mod called 'the demon hunter'. They didn't even bother to translate to English, so if anyone needs a translation of a few lines, I'll be happy to do that for ya.

A lot of pictures on the site are too dark to make out any details, but here's the obvious rips:

http://hunter.midian-games.com/dht/info_sawedoff.php
http://hunter.midian-games.com/dht/info_flamer.php

They don't have files up, but I'm sure I could pick up some other unauthorized cut and paste work if/when they did/do.

As per usual, let's not run up there like pack of rabid wolves. I'm sure the 'legal experts' can handle this one (that's you, Lee Slipgate - Wink).

Stop pissing me off, lame thieves of the world. Start earning your own keep. Start asking before the taking. Grow a pair and use them. There will come a day when I will simply quit doing your job for you. Better start learning now, or you'll be out of a job by then. Wise the fuck up.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-09, 18:07 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
LeeMon

Team Member
Shambler

« Reply #1 on: 2005-06-09, 19:16 »

Got it covered:

http://hunter.midian-games.com/forum/showt...php?threadid=33
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #2 on: 2005-06-09, 20:26 »

I hate (maybe a strong word) when that happens. Why do people do that? They know they'll get busted sooner or later yet they do it anyway. Hopefully atleast one of their team members understands english.

(Tabun)Stop pissing me off, lame thieves of the world. Start earning your own keep. Start asking before the taking. Grow a pair and use them. There will come a day when I will simply quit doing your job for you. Better start learning now, or you'll be out of a job by then. Wise the spork up.

Yes that bout sums it up.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-06-09, 21:38 »

*sigh* " Oh look a neat flamethrower! we'll use it for our mod and replace our crappy models! ask premision? gah why whould we need to do a thing like that? everything on the internet is free! don't care if these models whould take hours to model and skin"

This still pisses me off..
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-09, 22:14 »

Thieving is a bad thing. Specially when it's our stuff that's stolen. A person works to acomplish an objective, when all of the sudden, someone gets the brilliant idea of taking a small "shortcut" to acomplish it's own objectives. And the thing that most frightens me it that... they never are afraid of the consequences! They do it and don't care. How can someone be that dumb? and bad? It's time for them to acomplish their objectives, not by helping them taking shortcuts, but by making them see the hard way. The one way they try to avoid, the way they need to take to acomplish their objectives through their knowlege, not through other's knowlege.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-09, 22:14 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-10, 00:40 »

When are people gonna learn? I am totally inept at skinning/modelling, but I would NEVER resort to this shite.
« Last Edit: 2005-06-10, 00:41 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-10, 01:40 »

Missed a model:  http://hunter.midian-games.com/dht/info_shotgun.php

This is
MY boomstick, NOT YOURS! Now kindly return it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
LooF

Imp

« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-10, 04:15 »

you guys all sound like bill gates from 30 years ago
not saying you're wrong though

I wonder how much else is stolen on that site? Slipgate - Tongue
« Last Edit: 2005-06-10, 04:17 by LooF » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-10, 05:47 »

LooF:  That kind of statement makes me want to rip your intestines out and hang you with them.  There's a huge difference between unpaid artists (like us) who are making ZERO money on something we're doing in our own spare time as a labor of love, and the biggest software thief in the history of software thieves.  Bill Gates made billions on stealing other people's software and selling it as his own and getting away with it.  Comparing us with him when all we're doing is protecting what we legitimately made by our own hard work is akin to calling the Pope a devil worshiper.  You're on really, really thin ice with that remark.  Slipgate - Shouting

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-10, 05:58 »

there.  for what it's worth, i posted a babelfish translation, touched up by my pre-kindergarten-level knowledge of german.  let's hope that gets the point across in case they didn't figure out what lee meant.
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-10, 06:24 »

Added the single shotty references for Pho to the post on their forums Slipgate - Smile
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-10, 06:51 »

http://hunter.midian-games.com/dht/info_triple.php

Might wanna take a closer look at this one...
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-10, 06:53 »

Quote from: LooF
you guys all sound like bill gates from 30 years ago

Loof man that was soooo wrong. This has happened too many times to these guys already. I think Pho has already let you have it enough. If I had one more beer in me I might also. And I haven't even done anything for the mod other then play it... Sipgate - Evil

McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-10, 09:15 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] Thieving is a bad thing. Specially when it's our stuff that's stolen.
Funny, I read the entire "team members" page twice, and no where did I see your name under "modeller" or anywhere else for that matter. Is it possible that it isn't "our" models, but "theirs"?

(And to be abundantly clear, before Pho types our eyes off: when I say "theirs" I mean those names listed on the the "team members" page.)

Beer? I'm down.
Nahand

Cacodemon

« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-10, 13:37 »

... your point being?  Doom - Huh?  He's refering to 'our' things as *our playing, beloved mod*, that we all care for. I didn't ever thought for once that Kruzader would be implying it was his specific work  Slipgate - Smile  :rules: ...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-10, 14:48 »

I really don't see what you're getting at?

We have stuff. It is our stuff. It has been stolen. By them. It is our stolen stuff. Is this seriously confusing enough to kick up dust?

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-10, 21:02 »

nope

you made it,
they stole it

they want there asses kicked

Nuff Said
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-10, 21:22 »

Sipgate - Evil  Gosh damn mother-f-ing jackoffs. Sipgate - Evil
Freaking ripoffs they burn in hell. F them all they're all a bunch on mother cracking sobs. Yet another attempt to rip off pho's and tab's work, they will all die.
*exit Washu*
« Last Edit: 2005-06-10, 21:23 by Little Washu » Logged

NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-10, 21:41 »

i posted there. hopefully those nazis can make out my anger

honestly, who would actually come to this site, download the mod, steal the weapons and models, and post them on their own site.

NAZI ASSHOLES THATS WHO!
Lordbane2110

Chton

« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-10, 21:44 »

WHOA!!!!

steady there Nova

ok so there assholes

but nazis,  Slipgate - WTF  i think that's a bit harsh
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: