2024-04-28, 00:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ground Zero Mission Pack (Disruptor Build)  (Read 7061 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-07-12, 22:12 »

As a side project, I decided to compile the Ground Zero source with the Disruptor weapon activated for players.  You'll not find one laying around in single player, but it does appear on the deathmatch maps.  To try it out, do the following:

Go into your quake2/rogue folder, and rename gamex86.dll to gamex86.dll.rogue or something similar so you don't lose it.
Download  rogue_disruptor.zip and unzip into your quake2/rogue folder.
Start up Ground Zero.
Type give disruptor to get the weapon.
Type give rounds to get ammo for the weapon.
Type use disruptor to switch to the weapon.  Alternately, you can type bind k "use disruptor", where k is whatever key you want to press to select the weapon.  Then press that key when you want to use the disruptor.

Now have fun blasting monsters with it.  Notice it tracks monsters a bit like a homing missile, and it has a nifty special effect.  It's not super-powerful, but it's kind of neat.  This build also has the "function pointers have moved" problem fixed, so saved games will load properly.  If anyone wants to try it out in deathmatch catch me in the chatroom sometime and we can shoot each other with it.
Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2005-07-12, 22:14 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #1 on: 2005-07-13, 12:51 »

the projectile looks suspicously like the same one from the Q2 mod LOX (Short of Lethal Orifice eXamination.)
--edit--

This is one hell of a weapon! powerful, uses one charge per blast, and can carry up to 100. nice weapon model too. i commend thee phoenix! (replacing plasma beam as my fave weapon.) ahh too bad u cant put it in normal q2 Slipgate - Sad
« Last Edit: 2005-07-13, 12:57 by NovAReapeR » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2005-07-13, 15:08 »

All I did is re-enable what Rogue already had remarked out in their code. Slipgate - Wink

You can play with it in normal Q2 if you load Ground Zero.  Just do this:

set skill 3 (or whatever, I always play on "hard")
map base1

Then give yourself the weapon whenever you feel like it. If you'd like an alternative build so you don't have to resort to cheat codes, it wouldn't take too much for me to modify it to replace the hyperblaster and run off energy cells instead of its own ammo supply.  Then you could play through normal Q2 with it.  However... be warned the AI for the monsters will still be enhanced like it is in Ground Zero.  You'd also be able to use the weapon through Ground Zero's normal gameplay levels as well.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2005-07-13, 19:05 »

I've added this build:

rogue_disruptor_remix.zip

It replaces the Hyperblaster with the Disruptor weapon, and runs the Disruptor off energy cells.   This means you can use it in single player, but you won't have the hyperblaster available.  It also boosts the Plasma Beam's single player damage to 20 (equal with the hyperblaster) and reduces the energy useage to 1 cell instead of 2.  Have fun blasting the Strogg!

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2005-07-13, 19:23 »

Can't you make a version for vq2? I don't have any of the Q2 expansions...

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2005-07-13, 19:29 »

No, seeing that the models, sounds, and graphical references are included in the expansion pack, and the disruptor weapon is in the rogue source, not the Quake 2 source.  You're asking me to port all the weapon's functions into a clean Q2 build and repack everything.  I'm not willing to put that much work into a fun side project like this.

NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2005-07-13, 21:17 »

the disruptor is also a good weapon to learn monster health and crap like that if u dont have time to look at the source code.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2005-07-14, 20:19 »

There's one small problem with playing normal Q2 with the Ground Zero gamex86.dll.  For some reason trains behave strangely, especially the conveyors in the Warehouse levels.  This happens with the regular gamex86.dll that comes with Ground Zero, so it's not a result of my compile.  It's still playable.  So far I'm just at the Factory level.  That disruptor weapon is quite powerful, and the knockback is great for keeping berserkers off you!

NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #8 on: 2005-07-14, 21:10 »

its good against brains. the massive knockback and damage will rip right through that power screen.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: