2024-04-23, 14:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations status (Been a while)  (Read 15842 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2005-09-06, 14:43 »

What it means is we plan on adding additional stances and animations to player models.  Since that is not yet done, and nor is the information on how to properly set up a third-party model, we won't support any third-party models at present, the exception being Tab's Enforcer model because it was developed in-house.

In addition, all models have to be assigned a specific class to function correctly in Generations.  The only people who should be doing this are us (the mod team) and the authors of said models should they choose to add such support.  This is a consistency issue, as people may have differing opinions as to which model belongs to what class, and we want everyone to have the same models in the same classes, otherwise it becomes a mess.  Now it is possible to manually set up a third-party model to work with existing builds, but I will not post instructions on how to do it, and I will delete, without warning, any posts containing such instructions.  The reason is I do not want to have people altering pk3 files or doing other things to potentially break either their Gen install or an install of a third party model, which will invariably result in a tech support request that we'll have to answer.  The rule is here, if you figure out how to do it on your own and break it, you fix it.  Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to supporting third-party models, but I don't want well intentioned people messing up their installations either.
« Last Edit: 2005-09-06, 14:44 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Soul Shaker

« Reply #21 on: 2005-09-06, 21:42 »

Damnit..i know what class it belongs to, but yeah i can wait.

I'll figure it out sometime, and i really don't care about online multiplayer, cos i suck arse and i'm in Australia on 512k internet...where most of you guys have what? 5mb cable? 10?

Oh great...i'm a dopefish.... Slipgate - Exhausted
« Last Edit: 2005-09-06, 21:43 by Soul Shaker » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2005-09-07, 15:33 »

Oh, the custom title!  No worries about that, it's automatic, not intended to be an insult.  Everyone starts out at Dopefish, and the more posts you make the more powerful a critter you are.  We all have a soft spot for ol' bucky the fish, so dopefish are always welcome.

We're in all sorts of places.  Some people are West Coast US, some Eastern, some Central, Tab is in the Netherlands, ReboOt is in Sweden...  a very multi-cultural group here.  As for connections, it varies.  Some 5mbit cable (like myself) or better, some ADSL, some are on crappy college campus networks.  Up until a few months ago, 'Boot was still on dialup, and I know Vorlonesque still is.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2005-09-07, 22:16 »

Even with a "bad" ping gen is still playable and fun! hell i've been playing with my 56k modem aginst all those lpb and i still had fun Slipgate - Smile it isnt all about winning it's about having fun!
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #24 on: 2005-09-07, 23:02 »

Exactly. If you try to hard to win, you don't enjoy it. I could never win anyway!
Soul Shaker

« Reply #25 on: 2005-09-07, 23:02 »

I know about the post count/rating stuff, but yeah...i'm a snipe fan....well, any sort of hitscan actually. So bad ping really screws my favourite weapons.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #26 on: 2005-09-08, 00:59 »

Slipgate - Off Topic This has been bugging me for a while - just what the hell is a dopefish anyway??

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2005-09-08, 01:01 »

Quote from: scalliano
Slipgate - Off Topic This has been bugging me for a while - just what the hell is a dopefish anyway??
http://www.dopefish.com/fishinfo.html

swim swim hungry hungry
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #28 on: 2005-09-08, 12:51 »

Ah, that clears that up Slipgate - Tongue

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #29 on: 2005-09-08, 16:16 »

Aye, and they make excellent garbage disposals as well!  Slipgate - Laugh

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #30 on: 2005-09-08, 20:14 »

The dopefish is funny and mysterious!
« Last Edit: 2005-09-08, 20:16 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #31 on: 2005-09-16, 01:23 »

That Farside comic had a date of 1985?! Dopefish has been around that long?! Cool.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #32 on: 2005-09-19, 23:57 »

"The FarSide cartoon above was given to me on November 2, 1995 by Matt Long of Software Creations. This cartoon originally said Pirahna where it says Dopefish."

Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #33 on: 2005-09-21, 00:21 »

This probably belongs in the Off-Topic topic, but ...

OWNED!!

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #34 on: 2005-09-21, 09:35 »

How did you do that? BTW does anyone knows if the Dopefish is in DooM3?
« Last Edit: 2005-09-21, 09:40 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #35 on: 2005-09-21, 19:30 »

Easy, really. I loaded up Angst's excellent "Ruins of Babel" map and using a combination of:

devmap re2m8
noclip
cg_thirdperson 1
cg_thirdpersonangle 180
cg_thirdpersonrange 100

and my own personal Q3 skin (see left) I was able to pull off the shot you see above. Before I knew what a dopefish was I thought that the big creature was a reference to Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (babel, fish Slipgate - Wink ) but now I know better.

You can get the map here:

http://www.planetquake3.net/download.php?o...lesizeD&show=10
« Last Edit: 2005-09-21, 19:38 by scalliano » Logged

OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #36 on: 2005-09-22, 18:18 »

Dont have to use noclip to get into that room, in the center of the map (foggy room), the center pillar has 3 skills and a glowing one. Walk up to all 4, each time you touch one it drops, if you drop all of them, the Dopefish room opens.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #37 on: 2005-09-22, 20:56 »

You only need to hit the one that drops to open that room. However, I'm actually inside the tank in that pic and you do need noclip for that.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #38 on: 2005-09-22, 21:40 »

So much for any "easter egg" potential for that one.

OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #39 on: 2005-09-22, 22:26 »

Couldn't really say it was much of one as it was obvious to access. When I first played the map I knew that wall opened as that part of the wall was pushed in.

Q3DM11 had a good easter egg as it wasn't at all visible. Although I hated the "mutated" DopeFish they used, so I threw in the classic Dopefish in its place.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: