2024-04-29, 13:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do i put a model?  (Read 7784 times)
quakedout

Dopefish

« on: 2005-08-13, 18:12 »

Hello i am a newguy here.Well i downloaded the enforcer model and would like to know where do i put it to play offline?I tried the base but nothing shows.Any help is appreciated.Thanks.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-13, 18:15 »

In your Baseq3 directory. However, custom models are not yet 100% compadible with Gen right now.
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-13, 18:37 »

Ok thanks.But i saw this http://img202.echo.cx/my.php?image=tabunsk...sqforcer2ei.jpg
« Last Edit: 2005-08-13, 19:22 by Phoenix » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-13, 22:04 »

well , the enforer should work straight out of the pack , its the other models like the arachnatron and such that dont do it yet ( by default Slipgate - Smile )
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-13, 23:23 »

Yes.  There's technical reasons that support for third-party models isn't in yet.  When it's fully supported, we'll make the info available on how to do it properly.  The Enforcer was an in-house project, so it should work like any of the default models.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-14, 02:13 »

Thanks for the replies,i'll try again.
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-14, 03:52 »

Ok it still does not show up in the q3 arena game?I unzipped it into the base folder.If i type the add bot qforcer in generations i get a no definition.Any help is appreciated
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-14, 04:16 »

as much I hate backseat modding, double posting is a bad idea. Try the edit button. Slipgate - Smile

Anyways, I'm not sure what I can tell you... Quake 3 should automatically load the pk3 file...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-14, 04:19 »

Wait, did you unzip the pk3?  If so, you shouldn't do that.  You should just have it set up like this:

C:/Quake III Arena/baseq3/tabun_qforcer.pk3

Assuming C:/Quake III Arena is your Quake 3 folder.  I had to use forward slashes since the forum webcode doesn't like backslashes.
« Last Edit: 2005-08-14, 04:20 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-14, 06:33 »

Here is a copy of the base folder.The model still does not show up?Thanks for the help,
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #10 on: 2005-08-14, 11:12 »

As far as I know, Tabun didn't release a bot file with his Enforcer model.  And the model doesn't show up as a selectable model in the menu... but you can play as that model if you type in /model qforcer, in the console (or whatever his exact name is, I forget).

I think somebody did post a botfile for the model tho, somewhere in the message post where you probably found out about the model.
If you actually wanted to fight against the Enforcer model.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2005-08-14, 14:46 »

wait , I had this bug once , what program did you use to unzip the zip file ?

with winzip it worked for me and with winrar it wouldnt show up in the game for me either .
( I here by submit a bug about the enforcer model Slipgate - Smile )
« Last Edit: 2005-08-14, 15:27 by games keeper » Logged
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #12 on: 2005-08-14, 17:37 »

Quote from: Hollowpoint
As far as I know, Tabun didn't release a bot file with his Enforcer model.  And the model doesn't show up as a selectable model in the menu... but you can play as that model if you type in /model qforcer, in the console (or whatever his exact name is, I forget).

I think somebody did post a botfile for the model tho, somewhere in the message post where you probably found out about the model.
If you actually wanted to fight against the Enforcer model.
Yeah i wanted to fight against him,I did download the botfile there too but no luck.Now all my damn pak files are pakscape:(.I did the mistake of using it to open the pakfiles and forgot to click on the always use this program.Could that be a problem?All the pak files are now green with pakscape.
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #13 on: 2005-08-14, 17:38 »

Quote from: games keeper
wait , I had this bug once , what program did you use to unzip the zip file ?

with winzip it worked for me and with winrar it wouldnt show up in the game for me either .
( I here by submit a bug about the enforcer model Slipgate - Smile )
First i used winzip then winrar.No luck.Thanks
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #14 on: 2005-08-14, 18:18 »

EUREKA!! Slipgate - Shifty .I got it to work as a bot and my skin.This is a masterpiece and the sounds are just like the original.Just want to say thanks to all you guys for the help and bearing with me.See ya online!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2005-08-14, 19:53 »

so what did you do then ?
quakedout

Dopefish

« Reply #16 on: 2005-08-14, 22:54 »

I dwnlded everything again and used winzip to extract the pak files into the base folder.Thanks.Happy fraggin!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: