2024-04-25, 18:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Q4 Weapons  (Read 18995 times)
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #20 on: 2005-10-13, 23:12 »

Well what do you know I just loaded up quake 2 today and played it for the first time. I gotta say that it kicks sufficient ass. The atmoshere was more genuine and real then quake 3, and the music is just mind blowing, I think it was Nine Inch Nails that did the music and Sound Effects for all the Quake games and Doom 3. And people actually play it online. Which reminds me, why can I kick people asses in any game exept for Quake 3? I played a few games of Quake 2 and it was a matter of time before I was owning everyone in the game.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #21 on: 2005-10-14, 00:38 »

Ok.. I'll restate with a modification.

Naming Quake 2.. 'Quake 2'.. is just one reason I don't like Quake 2.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2005-10-14, 07:42 »

played a few games of Quake 2 and it was a matter of time before I was owning everyone in the game.

I'm willing to bet that it was probably due to the people you played with - the people still playing here (in the Netherlands) are the nutcases that seem to do nothing but play Quake 2 all day long, and they probably kept that up ever since the game was released. I'm not too shoddy a Quake-2er myself (or was actually, I'm back to noob-status now Slipgate - Smile) but the things these guys are pulling off nowadays are insane. If you can kick their asses, you're definitely the king, and you should be signing up for tournaments, there are expensive cars to be won ;]

Spawn: so you've just stipulated the worst reason ever not to like a game.. and then what?
I love the name 'Daikatana' but guess what I think of the actual game. My guess is that what you didn't like was the fact that Quake 2 wasn't the sequel you were hoping for, it could have been the best game ever made, but it still wouldn't be good enough in that respect. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2005-10-14, 07:49 »

From the Quake 2 manual:

Sound Effects and Music
Sound Design by Soundelux Media Labs.  Music Composed and Produced by
Soundelux Media Labs.
Level Music by Sonic Mayhem www.sonicmayhem.com
"Quake II Theme Song" © 1997 Rob Zombie.  All Rights Reserved.
"Climb" by Jer Sypult
Voice of computers by Carly Staehlin-Taylor

Yes, you read that right.  Rob Zombie did a piece for Q2. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #24 on: 2005-10-14, 11:58 »

I have to say something : I HATE Q2 WEAPONS SOUNDS! They sucked so much! That chaingun sounded like a pistol to me. And the SSG sucked really hard. Even Doom sounds were better. BUT that didn't stop me from playing the game. As long as the game has a good gameplay, I don't care about the name OR the weapons sounds.

Anyways, what's up with the alt fire? I mean yeah it's funny, but it's useless. Period.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2005-10-14, 16:07 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
]Even Doom sounds were better.
Slipgate - WTF  Doom - Huh?  :!:
You got crap for speakers or something?  Just what do you qualify as "good" weapon sounds?

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2005-10-14, 18:47 »

Are you still trying to make/distill sense (out) of Kruzader's comments? Amazing. :]

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #27 on: 2005-10-14, 19:39 »

Quote from: Phoenix
"Quake II Theme Song" © 1997 Rob Zombie.
 But which audio track is it ?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #28 on: 2005-10-14, 21:13 »

Don't know, Q2 weapon sounds seem weak, making the weapon look weak, despite of it's damage points. But DooM weapon sounds rock! When you shoot that SSG you hear a *BANG*, not a *bang......*.

Are you still trying to make/distill sense (out) of Kruzader's comments? Amazing. :]

Thank you for sparing a sentence in this post Tab.  Thumbs up! .

EDIT : Actually, I have 4 speakers and 1 big bass-thingy (sub-woffer isn't it?).
« Last Edit: 2005-10-14, 21:16 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #29 on: 2005-10-16, 02:46 »

Quote from: Kingu
But which audio track is it ?
I beleive its track 8.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2005-10-16, 10:15 »

Thank you for sparing a sentence in this post Tab

See? I have no idea what this means. Am I saving the life of a sentence? Do I allow it? Maybe it was gently put? And if so, in which post does this sentence appear?

No offense mate, but questions like that pop up often when you post stuff :]
For exampe, when I saw:

Anyways, what's up with the alt fire? I mean yeah it's funny, but it's useless. Period.

I wondered: Alt(ernative) fire? Where? Not in Quake 2, surely? If it was in Q2, it must have been useless, since I never got round to discovering it existed. I'm assuming it wasn't Doom either, since that didn't even have an 'alt. dimension'. So perhaps it is in Q4, although that seems odd, because none of us can have tested the usefulness of anything in that game yet..

Add to that the fact that every post is orange, something that, just like pho's yellow, I've always understood as somewhat pompous (if so, he's certainly entitled to it Slipgate - Smile), and I end up with more question marks than I set out with.

And yes, of course I'm just pulling your leg! But I do ask myself these questions, and am always happy to see others puzzled too, since that atleast indicates that I'm not the only one being left in the dark here...

In short: Amazing! Don't let me deter you though. (since at times people see my observations and opinion as a law of some kind, for some odd reason)

Off topic? Whoops! Proceed! :]

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #31 on: 2005-10-16, 10:38 »

I mean in other games, not in id games. The only game that the Alternative fire is useful is Painkiller. It's just so weird to think that Quake IV is going to have alternative fire in its weapons.

I'm glad I can create a misterious enviroment here in the forum. Makes ya think, doesn't it (now what makes ya think I don't know, maybye the fact that I write in orange or the fact that I can only write weird things) ? ?---- The interrogation point here says it all.

I'm also glad that my posts can throw a person into deep phylosofic thoughts.

Now this must habe been the weirdest post of all times. Makes me think.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #32 on: 2005-10-16, 11:11 »

I wouldn't say that my ponderings are of a philosophical nature (and I should know), but you do provide puzzling entertainment, that's for sure :]
« Last Edit: 2005-10-16, 11:11 by Tabun » Logged

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #33 on: 2005-10-16, 12:19 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] . The only game that the Alternative fire is useful is Painkiller.
What about UT(99)? the alt fire for this game really made a difference. and that was back in 99.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2005-10-16, 17:36 »

What?  ME, the mighty, one of a kind Phoenix, The King of Birds, the Bird of Fire, known by many names to many cultures, feared by his foes, revered by his subjects, the universal icon of rebirth, change, purification, and chastity -  Pompous? Doom - Huh?

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #35 on: 2005-10-16, 20:31 »

Pho uses the yellow color to reinforce the fact that...he's blond? You are blond aren't you Phoenix?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2005-10-16, 21:40 »

What, you think I'm a bald eagle or something?  I'm plumed in red and gold.  I like gold, hence my gold text.

Back to Q4 weapons, I'll judge their performance when it's time to play.  I'm just hoping this deviation from the "formula" doesn't bog things down the way people complained the PDA did in Doom 3.
« Last Edit: 2005-10-16, 21:42 by Phoenix » Logged

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #37 on: 2005-10-16, 21:53 »

The PDA was a nice addition to DooM 3. Don't see why people complained about it. And yes, We will just have to wait for tuesday to judge the game.

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #38 on: 2005-10-16, 23:28 »

Actually, I kinda liked the PDA, hearkened back to System Shock 2.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #39 on: 2005-10-17, 02:53 »

bias Q2 just wasn't Quake. It was out on a different limb than where Quake was. If it's the worst reason ever to not like a game, then so be it. I am the living embodiment of the word 'purest' when it comes to Quake (1). All these new/er games leeching off the name Quake is pure retardation. /bias

Need more bias? Just ask me.

That being said, there was nothing wrong with the sounds. Chaingun sounded like a pistol... lol. Now.. the Doom chaingun sounded like a pistol. ;p
« Last Edit: 2005-10-17, 02:58 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: