2024-04-19, 01:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q4 Weapons  (Read 18836 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #40 on: 2005-10-17, 04:56 »

Quote from: ~SpAwN~
Now.. the Doom chaingun sounded like a pistol. ;p
Indeed it did.  It used the same sound file.  Although, ironically, the Doom 2 Chaingunner zombies and the Spider Mastermind used the shotgun sound.  Made their chainguns sound a lot beefier for sure.  Sounds like crap in Doomsday because of the sound code though.  In Doom/Zdoom starting a new sound on an actor interrupts whatever sound is already playing.  Doomsday lets the first one ring out.  God I hate that!  Doomed
« Last Edit: 2005-10-17, 04:58 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
OoPpEe

Spectre

« Reply #41 on: 2005-10-17, 05:30 »

Quote from: shambler
What about UT(99)? the alt fire for this game really made a difference. and that was back in 99.
I still remember the first FPS game which had alt firing that made a big difference in gameplay.... Blood. God I loved that pistol-like weapon which alt fire caused them to burst into flames.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #42 on: 2005-10-17, 07:21 »

bias Q2 just wasn't Quake. It was out on a different limb than where Quake was. If it's the worst reason ever to not like a game, then so be it. I am the living embodiment of the word 'purest' when it comes to Quake (1). All these new/er games leeching off the name Quake is pure retardation. /bias
purist

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #43 on: 2005-10-17, 10:57 »

the Doom 2 Chaingunner zombies and the Spider Mastermind used the shotgun sound. Made their chainguns sound a lot beefier for sure

hmm , a chaingunshotgun.

/me locks himself up in his lab together with a minigun and some shotguns .
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #44 on: 2005-10-17, 13:37 »

Already been done.

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #45 on: 2005-10-17, 17:58 »

I'm not so much concerned about the look of the weapons as the in-game function. The semi-auto mode which switches on durring the zoom of the machinegun sounds like it's just compensating for lack of a first shot accuracy/recoil system. I'm sure, despite being a state of the art game, the MG will still feature static spread. While it doesn't effect multiplayer, the upgrades also sound cheesy. I also think delving into alternate fires on a few weapons, without having alt fires across the board is a little unwise, not too mention inconsistent. Oh well, we'll see...

Unfortunately, I finally got a new comp to replace the one that got stolen, but it hasn't been working right and needs a new motherboard, so I have to send it back to the shop and won't be able to play Q4 till a few weeks after it comes out.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #46 on: 2005-10-18, 16:50 »

That's ok, I doubt I'll even be able to play Q4, looking at the system requirements.

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #47 on: 2005-10-18, 17:05 »

Quote from: Phoenix
That's ok, I doubt I'll even be able to play Q4, looking at the system requirements.
Heh Well I'm damn near being unable to run DOOM 3, so I'll let you know how bad it is when my copy arrives later on today.
« Last Edit: 2005-10-18, 17:05 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: