2024-04-29, 07:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting Holes in Yourself (When it Goes Wrong)  (Read 3638 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2005-11-09, 09:05 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../09/ixhome.html

For those of you who like adding holes where you weren't born with any, you might want to read this.  I'm sure you probably already know about this danger, but I felt I'd pass it on just in case.  Learn the symptoms and be watchful for them.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-09, 10:42 »

That's funny, piercing & tatoos have been showing up a lot lately in the news. I don't like peircings, specially in the lip (blergh). The problem with this kind of stuff is that the "artists" aren't the definition of "clean", and rarely wash their equippment, and their equippment is constantly in contact with blood. And then.. well I guess you know the rest.

Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-13, 05:37 »

There is no point to peircings all they do is add more headaches. But people are willing to sacrifice those things so they can feel like they are accepted by the "cool crowd"  Slipgate - Roll Eyes

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-13, 21:59 »

Eh, I don't think it's so much "being cool" as it is that the person thinks it would look good on themselves.  While I don't have any piercings myself, I don't see much of a problem with the act, and in some ways, I feel it can accentuate the beauty of a person.  The only aspect of piercing I am against is parents making that decision for their child.  It severely pisses me off when parents punch holes in their baby girl's ears.
« Last Edit: 2005-11-13, 22:00 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-13, 22:09 »

I once saw a baby with a tatoo all over his body. The parents just said "Oh it was an awful mistake and now we're trying to find someone to remove it". Damn idiots. And when I say baby, I mean really young. He couldn't even walk yet.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: