2024-03-28, 19:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Joy of Customers (pains and complaints)  (Read 5643 times)
Draco

Hell Knight

« on: 2005-11-21, 07:00 »

I am so sick with what people can get away with when sueing over the DUMBEST CRAP! I had a customer come in, some 50-60 yr old man who wanted to use some ANCIENT Dairy Queen silver coin that can get you a free sundae. I in my live had never seen that type of coin before and neither did my boss who was standing beside me.

Customer: "I'd like a sundae and theres no expiration date on this." *hands over coin*
Me: "I'm sorry sir we can't accept this."
Customer: "Why not?!"
Me: "1, I've never seen that before 2..."
Boss: "Those are not used anymore and we don't invest in those coins."
Me: "And the place has been under new ownership and management and this Dairy Queen doesn't use those." (keep in mind this coin looked like it came from the 50's or something).
Customer: "BUT THERES NO EXPIRATION DATE!"
Me: "Doesn't matter."
Customer: "You'll regret this. I'm going to get my attorney...blah blah blah...yadda yadda, i want both your names."

My boss continued to write our names down and yet STILL the idiot bossed us around demanding we signed our names. *shakes head* YOUR GOING TO TRY TO SUE US OVER A FREAKING SUNDAE THATS NOTHIG MORE THEN A COUPLE OF DOLLARS?!!!  Sipgate - Evil I hate our freaking society, what pho called in another thread, a sue hungry town. jesus people, its a freaking sundae, who gives a damn if you can't get it for free?

Rev 9:6 "And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them."
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2005-11-21, 16:34 »

That wouldn't fly in court.  What he was going to do was try to bully you into giving him his free sundae, or else get your names and write a bitch letter or make a phone call full of lies to the company president to try to get you all fired - and his damned sundae.  That kind of person needs to be dropped in a foreign country where they don't even have enough bugs to eat.  Maybe a few nights starving, listening to lions prowling around, roaring as they rip apart a fresh kill at night would help him to put things in a more proper perspective.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #2 on: 2005-11-21, 18:20 »

Quote from: Phoenix
That wouldn't fly in court.  What he was going to do was try to bully you into giving him his free sundae, or else get your names and write a bitch letter or make a phone call full of lies to the company president to try to get you all fired - and his damned sundae.  That kind of person needs to be dropped in a foreign country where they don't even have enough bugs to eat.  Maybe a few nights starving, listening to lions prowling around, roaring as they rip apart a fresh kill at night would help him to put things in a more proper perspective.
yeah no lie. but yeah we had a good laugh after that. after the guy left, one of the customers in the lobby came up and yelled "I DEMAND A FREE SUNDAE". that made us laugh even harder. its great when customers acutally agree with you. but sometimes its the stupidest customers that can make you laugh.....but stupid's a harsh word......more like oblivious is more like it Slipgate - Wink

had this customer come in drive thru one time and they asked "yes um, whats in the oreo cheesecake blizzard?" ......."um.....orea cheesecake"....."dont get smart with me i was just asking blah blah blah".

whats even funnier is the number of ways to ask for a swirl icecream cone which is like vanilla and choclate at the same time. "yes id like a COMBINATION please!" "yes id like a squirle ice cream cone" "yes id like a WHITE icecream cone"...."you mean vanilla?" "yes....a white icecream cone."

Rev 9:6 "And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them."
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #3 on: 2005-11-21, 18:22 »

oh man xD i just reminded myself of this guy that came in couple of nights ago and he wanted a peanut buster parfae(sp??) but in stead od parfae he said barfae. man that was funny as hell. XP Slipgate - Off Topic  :rules:

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #4 on: 2005-11-22, 20:51 »

I worked in a guitar shop for a while and one time this bloke came in and said 'do you sell needles?' so I said, no try the textiles shop down the road a little.

He said ' not that kind of needle idiot' I said (trying to keep my cool) then you want the chemists shop, next door but one'  He said ' not that kind of needle, I want it for my record player'

I just said 'look, just f*ck off. this is a guitar shop.

That really happened.

Another time a man came in and said he had a bomb and would detonate it unless we gave him a guitar! (this was before the days on bombs in england) I said what kind? he didn't know, just wanted a good one. we basically threw him and the 'bomb' out onto the street. no way would i do that now......

retailing was such fun. Slipgate - Laugh
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #5 on: 2005-11-23, 09:14 »

Quote from: shambler
I worked in a guitar shop for a while and one time this bloke came in and said 'do you sell needles?' so I said, no try the textiles shop down the road a little.

He said ' not that kind of needle idiot' I said (trying to keep my cool) then you want the chemists shop, next door but one'  He said ' not that kind of needle, I want it for my record player'

I just said 'look, just f*ck off. this is a guitar shop.

That really happened.

Another time a man came in and said he had a bomb and would detonate it unless we gave him a guitar! (this was before the days on bombs in england) I said what kind? he didn't know, just wanted a good one. we basically threw him and the 'bomb' out onto the street. no way would i do that now......

retailing was such fun. Slipgate - Laugh
Slipgate - Distraught wish i could say "f u" to a customer. many times i wish i had but then i would have gotten fired....which isn't a smart idea Slipgate - Tongue but working at DQ has given me the greatest things to say to a customer

"here you go, freshly licked" Slipgate - Wink
"hey can i try that?"

sometimes i think i freak customers out cuz some people will come in drive thru and their car smells REALLY good inside and so i'll "literally" say "your car smells really good" XD they get a good laugh from that.

working can make you tired too, obviously and make you say the strangest stuff. one time i was explaining to some customers in the lobby about our new pie blizzards that we had at the time and though i meant to say banana cream pie, i accidentally said "banana crap pie" xD god we had a good laugh with that one.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2005-11-23, 14:54 »

I think we have different 'strengths' to our swear words from the americans. We used to say 'bloody' a lot, and now lots of people use the F word. We have a big rasist thing at the moment, but you can say most things as long as its not racist.

I was also lucky to be working in a small shop, owned by a friend, not a large chain, and I was hard to replace, being a guitar maker!

Still, I've done a lot of retailing in my life (mostly part time) as i enjoy the company, rather than sitting at home, and working with the band on an evening. Main thing is not to take it personal. laugh about it later, and ALWAYS GET REVENGE.  Thumbs up!
Draco

Hell Knight

« Reply #7 on: 2005-11-23, 23:37 »

Quote from: shambler
and ALWAYS GET REVENGE.  Thumbs up!
oh theres PLENTY of ways to get reveng. >Slipgate - Laugh *conjures up a big loogie*.........*sees the cockroaches crawling by*

yeah we have a very tiny itty bitty cockroach problem. one time i was making a blizzard and i put it down on the counter to hand to the customer and suddenly a cockroach just like flew right under my arm on the counter. ........ive never felt so awkward in my life cuz both the customer and i saw it. I was like "uh......................heres your blizzard" *hands it over while forcing a smile*  Slipgate - Distraught

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: