2024-04-19, 12:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RIght Wins  (Read 3448 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2006-01-22, 22:19 »

As you probably don't know, the Presidential Elections ended today, giving +50% for the only right-wing candidate, Cavaco Silva, supported by PSD (right/center party). In 2nd, with +-20%, Manuel Alegre, an independent left-wing candidate, brave enough to go against his own party [PS, left/center (officially) party] and candidate for presidence by himself. In 3rd place, M?rio Soares, supported by PS, with -+13%. In 4th, Jer?nimo de Sousa with +-8%, candidate of the PCP (Portuguese Comunist Party). In 5th, Francisco Lou?a, with +-5%, candidate of the BE (Bloco de Esquerda, a Communist party). In 6th place, Garcia Pereira, with 0,4% , candidate for the PCTP-MRPP [an extremist communist party (even more extreme than regular communist parties)].

I hope that Mr. Cavaco Silva will be able to stabilize our country and make it grow along with the goverment.

Now on a side note: As you can imagine, this was a major strike for PS, which lost 2nd place for a candidate that they refused to support. Also, in the last run for President that M?rio Soares entered, he won with 73%.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-23, 20:54 »

I'm afraid I'm pretty much ignorant of the politics of your country, not as a matter of choice, but simply that it doesn't register on the news radar here.  Do you consider this a positive or negative turn of events?  I understand your hopes, that's the hope of anyone who sees someone elected to office, but I'm curious as to your thoughts.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-23, 23:57 »

Well, this is a good turn for our country. The Prime-Minister leads the goverment, but the President of the Republic can even fire the Prime-Minister, so he is on the top of my constitution. You see, what matters here is this: the people elected a left-wing Prime Minister. OK, no big deal, until he starts to break every single promisse he made during his campaign like "not raising taxes", which he did right after being elected. Then he asks us to make sacrifices for the well-being of our Country (economally speaking), which we are doing, but then he goes in his Christmas vacations to Switzerland for a skiing vacation. Fortunatly, he broke a leg there. Then, a lot of people from his party are being accused of child abuse (not in labor, but in a sexual way), including the now EX-President of the Republic. Children from 4th 'till 9th grade! Then, M?rio Soares, during his electional campaign constantly insulted, IN PUBLIC, the now President of the Republic. So you see, the left wing parties here are evil. In fact, there's only 1 left-wing party that is not communist, which is the party of the Prime Minister.

People hope for this new President to be sucessful in bringing stability to our country, like he did many occasions in the past. SO this is definetly a positive turn.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-25, 10:36 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-24, 04:27 »

Yikes, and we think Ted Kennedy is over the top in the US...  Sounds like you've got some real screwballs over there.  My hopes are with yours.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: