2024-04-29, 15:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fight for Justice? (Holy Fudge)  (Read 3943 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2006-02-11, 20:22 »

So there I was, playing Keen 2, when I press "About ID" button, and THIS pops up on the screen :

COMING SOON FROM ID SOFTWARE
As our follow-up to the Commander Keen trilogy, id Software is working on 'The Fight for Justice', a completely new approach to fantasy gaming. You start not as a weakling with no food--you start as Quake, the strongest, most dangerous person on the continent. You start off with a Hammer of Thunderbolts, a Ring of Regeneration, and a trans-dimensional artifact. Here the fun begins. You fight for Justice, a secret organization devoted to vanquishing evil from the land! This is role-playing excitement.

And you don't chunk around the screen. 'The Fight for Justice' contains fully animated scrolling backgrounds. All the people you meet have their own lives, personalities, and objectives. A 256-color VGA version will be available (smooth scrolling 256-color screens --fancy that)!

And the depth of play will be intense. No more "whack whack here's some gold". There will be interesting puzzles and decisions won't be "yes/no" but complex correlations of people and events. 'The Fight for Justice' will be the finest PC game yet.

When i ended reading this, I went, and quote :

WTF?

I had no idea. Those crazy guys.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2006-02-11, 20:39 »

I've never heard of this, but it is intresting.

Quake was planned right back in them days eh? Slipgate - Ownage
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2006-02-11, 23:03 »

Egads, glad things went differently!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2006-02-12, 02:41 »

Quake was going to be an RPG, then a fighting game, then a fps/rpg... you get the idea..

I remember the original scraggs, I miss the exploding cacodemon fireballs, and the alpha lava-screaming..

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: