2024-04-25, 14:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Somebody shoot me  (Read 27680 times)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #40 on: 2006-04-08, 10:32 »

I've been curious as well. I only know enough to recognize the name 'dev/null'... about as much as I know about some of the other names that have come and gone. His aweful deed must have happened during my occasional offtime from Gen and the forums.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #41 on: 2006-04-08, 15:31 »

Dev/null's crime was being a habitual shit stirrer and all around dotche bag. He took off because pho wouldnt let him preach his hate whitey/jesus/capitalism rhetoric without interference.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #42 on: 2006-04-08, 18:32 »

dev/null initially got banned because he kept breaking forum rules and kept treating everyone like dirt that he didn't like.  It's one thing to hold a strong opinion, it's another to viciously attack forum members.  The first time around Con banned him because he launched into some big temper-tantrum and called someone a bunch of names I think.  I forget the exact reason.  Anyway, this ban was to last a month.  He comes back under a different name after a long while, calling himself Lord Malchia.  He plays it cool for a bit, but the same sort of undercurrents exist in his posts and then we figure it out that it's dev/null.  After pointing out that we know who he is, he claims his old account was never reallowed to post which is why he used a different name.  I told him he should have informed one of the admins and we'd have corrected it if that were the case.

The problem behavior continues, under this new name.  He continues making more inflamatory posts and launching into personal attacks, derailing topics, and turning just about every thread into a flamewar against, as Woodsman said, Christianity/whitey/capitalism, etc, but mostly Christianity.  Ok, you don't like Christianity, say so and get it done with but that wasn't enough.  He constantly made it personal, usually with me because I'm not going to back down when it comes to defending my faith, nor when it comes to keeping things in order here.  I did everything I could to bring his attention back to how he was acting, show him why it wasn't acceptible, and correct his distorted view of what I believe.  I'm also a hell of a lot more lenient toward people attacking me than I am toward someone attacking other forum members, which is why this ended up dragging on for so long.

Well,  see this thread for the culimination of what happened.  I finally got him to express his true feelings, which basically amounted to "I'm better than everyone else, I'm too good for all of you, I'm just toying with you and this is all a game to me."  Ok, you're a troll.  Goodbye, we don't need you here.  Woodsman is incorrect in that he didn't "take off" at this point.  He kept logging in with several bogus accounts and sending me PM's - rather unapoligetic onces at that.  Ban avoidance is unacceptible, so he got his whole network locked out and the accounts deleted.

Of course, for doing this I'm sure that makes me the intolerant racist dictatorial ignorant religious zealot that he accuses me of being, which of course justifies his thinking process and gives him continued excuse to believe everyone's out to get him, that all Christians are fascists, etc.  That makes him the "winner" in his mind.  That's also where he got it wrong, I never cared about "winning" his little arguments.  I know someone like that is never going to change their mind because he's never, ever going to look in the mirror.   It was his actions - not his beliefs - that got him in trouble, but he refused to understand this.  All I wanted was the problem behavior to stop.  When it was clear it only continue indefinitely, I did the only thing I could.

The reason Deth wasn't happy about it is dev/null aka Malchia was a friend of his.  That's why I offered the clarification for him in the previous post.

Edit:  In re-reading the thread I linked to, it was actually Dr. Jones that banned Malchia, not me.  I only banned the duplicate accounts when he tried to avoid the ban.  I had forgotten about that.
 Slipgate - Smirk
« Last Edit: 2006-04-08, 19:02 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #43 on: 2006-04-08, 19:17 »

Slipgate - Off Topic
His aweful deed ...

That's the runner up best typo of this week :]
(for those wondering, the next best goes to Kruzader in his sex-oriented topic in rants and randomness. :] )
Slipgate - Off Topic
« Last Edit: 2006-04-08, 19:17 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #44 on: 2006-04-08, 20:09 »

Wow... that's some intense stuff there. And I was worried about causing trouble and looking like a big ass... I feel good now.

...And Kruzader's typo was awesome because of the topic it was in. Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #45 on: 2006-04-09, 02:52 »

Quote from: Phoenix
No, I was just clarifying a point.  McDeth doesn't like the fact that I permanently banned dev/null.  I was explaining my reasoning and why it is not flawed nor hypocritical.
Um... I don't care about that. He was trying to get booted. The fact that he was going out of his way to provoke you was even annoying me.

Beer? I'm down.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #46 on: 2006-04-09, 05:56 »

Ahh, well in that case I'll not trouble any more over it.

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #47 on: 2006-04-09, 10:30 »

What typo? And Phoenix thanks for clearing up this issue.

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #48 on: 2006-04-10, 13:23 »

I'm not sure what bothers me more, the original quote or the fact that 2 of 2 replies missed the point.  The point was regarding the language "criminal offense to be in the country illegally."  I even bolded it.
Oops. :p

I would have caught it had you bolded just the words  "illegal immigrant" and "criminal offense" instead.  I will also have to side with Tabun on this one, but you make a good argument too Pho.

Quote from: scalliano
Slipgate - Off Topic As for Natural Selection vs Intelligent Design, anyone got any BETTER explanantions? Slipgate - Wink
Oh that's easy.  See, thousands of years ago a very large and very powerful extraterrestrial being known as Lavos crashed into the Earth.  Some curious apes came into contact with this being and began to unnaturally evolve and thus fall out of harmony with nature.  The Earth is pretty much screwed, but the human race as a whole will eventually be saved by two guys, one with spiky red hair and later by another who likes to wear a bandana.

Either that or you could go with Scientology. Slipgate - Wink

Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #49 on: 2006-04-28, 07:34 »

As I haven't read cited article, I won't comment much.

However...

It seems to me that all the jackasses picketing wherever and SLOWING DOWN MY DAMN COMMUTE (8 hour demonstration in down-town grand rapids with a loose line ten miles or so long of [excuse if you're of the latino nationality] spics blocking up traffic to bitch about their rights as ILLEGAL IIIIIIILLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL sporking immigrants) should get the flying spork out of the country for bitching about their "rights" from sneaking into our country in the first place. You want to be in this country? Fine, they have rules for that.

The whole thing pisses me off to no end, and almost makes me want to kill somebody. Particularly those who demand rights, who have no sporking right to demand rights in the first place. You want to demand rights? Do in in the country you fled from! Get a shitload of people together and do it! You can't? LIES! It took me 30 sporking minutes to get through down-town because you assholes GOT TOGETHER! Shitheads...

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #50 on: 2006-04-28, 15:40 »

For some reason, I wasn't missing Xypher much in this discussion. Odd, considering the fact that he took the time to read the arcticle, make sensible, well argued points, formulated in a way to indicate he made it past his teens..

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #51 on: 2006-04-28, 17:12 »

Xypher has every right to vent his frustration over this situation since it is affecting him directly.  You might try walking in his shoes before criticizing him for feeling a very basic emotion.  Slipgate - Exhausted

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #52 on: 2006-04-28, 23:10 »

I have just as much right venting my frustration over people venting their frustration in a certain manner. You might try walking in my shoes.. etc.
Besides, I didn't say he shouldn't, just that I disagree with both content and format. Besides besides, I've got my own shoes to walk in, and those shoes take me knee-deep through plenty of shit. :]

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #53 on: 2006-04-29, 01:21 »

Are you suggesting that everyone should behave only the way you want them to, and only speak the way you would like them to?

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #54 on: 2006-04-29, 11:02 »

I don't see where you're getting that idea from at all. I'm suggesting that I appreciate discussions that feature a certain kind of maturity. I have good reasons for that, other than merely 'personal preference', which I can explain to and discuss with you if you like. I'm suggesting that I like nuance and balanced opinion in discussions about controversial matters.
What I'm very much not suggesting is that my suggestions should be indicative of the norm. I don't know where you're getting the idea that I'm trying to dictate anything. In light of that, there is no conflict to be found in the fact that I won't always sit back and shut up when I disagree with the shape a discussion (or a post in it) takes. The only place I will ever respond in this kind of fashion is within CC boundaries and to people (1) who have known me long enough to realize there's no intended personal attack and (2) who I consider to be quite capable of biting back.

I honestly can appreciate your desire to defend and protect, but I think the father-figure role is slightly out of place in this case. Xypher has a beef with me over my post? Although that was certainly not the purpose of my message, there's no reason we could not resolve that between the two of us.
« Last Edit: 2006-04-29, 11:03 by Tabun » Logged

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #55 on: 2006-04-29, 11:07 »

Are you suggesting that everyone should behave only the way you want them to, and only speak the way you would like them to?
I think that was over-reacting. He is just commenting Xypher's post, not making him change the post so that it will follow his critics.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #56 on: 2006-04-30, 01:44 »

I never made any accusations.  All I did was ask a question.  I find them to be very useful when clarity is desired, and certainly more desirable than making an assumption and firing off a condescending retort from a flawed premise.  There's no need to second guess my motives.  I do my best to make them plain.  You could have just said "no" and I would have been content.

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #57 on: 2006-04-30, 10:12 »

But then again, where would all the fun go with a "no"? But that question is one that you cannot simply understand as "a clarity question", it implies second motives, like insulting (doubt it was yours). Don't get me wrong: all questions have as primary objective to clarify an issue, but sometimes they do have second objectives.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #58 on: 2006-04-30, 11:16 »

It looks very much like a rethorical question to me - The question seems to be about my motives, and I'm sure you already knew the answer. Hence the long reply.

If I were to ask someone "Do you support KKK-activity?" they're bound to be offended. Especially if the question is asked in the middle of a disagreement. Add to that the way such a question (w/c)ould sound, like in: "Are you suggesting I'm not behaving well mannered?" (in a Butler Jeeves type voice).
But then, I forget you're not human. Humans are generally unable to ask questions just for the purpose of getting answers.

The answer is: no.

So, seeing my bad, instead of second guessing, I'll ask: What were your motives for asking me that question? If none other than for the info: Why did you want to know it, and why didn't or couldn't you extrapolate the answer from earlier discussions?
« Last Edit: 2006-04-30, 11:17 by Tabun » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #59 on: 2006-04-30, 20:16 »

Simply to find out what you were thinking at that moment, and by saying "no" you negate anything that might be implied by the question.  I don't see what the fuss is about, unless you were assuming that I was intent on sparring with you, which is not my intent.  Now as to why I asked the question, which is what your current question toward me is, I refer back to your reply here:
For some reason, I wasn't missing Xypher much in this discussion. Odd, considering the fact that he took the time to read the arcticle, make sensible, well argued points, formulated in a way to indicate he made it past his teens..
One could easily read this statement as looking down your nose at someone with a sense of superiority.  I wanted to understand your thinking better so as to rule that out.  You sometimes make jests that I don't get on the first try, so I wanted to be clear on your intent so as to not misread you, hence why I asked a question as opposed to making an accusation.  In my case, yes, I only wanted a simple answer.  Nothing more was intended.[/color]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: