2024-04-28, 00:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Screenshots (Screenshots from other games)  (Read 57593 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #60 on: 2006-04-20, 20:02 »

I tried Tenebrae once, and it was hellaciously buggy.  I haven't tried Telejano.  I usually use Q2K4 if I'm playing Quake 1 for any reason, and I use EZquake for Quakeworld.  I like it much better than trying to use GLQuakeworld since it's too dark, and I can't stand Quake's lack of interpolation.  I found out EZQuake doesn't work right with ASE, it doesn't load the configs for some reason, so I wrote a batch file called ezquake.bat and I call that from ASE.  Here's my batch file:

O:/Games/Quake/ezquake-gl.exe  -width 800 -height 600 -conwidth 800 -bpp 32 -m_smooth +exec cfggfx_gl_faithful.cfg

Substitute backslashes for forward slashes.  Once EZQuake loads to the console, I just type "/connect" and press ctrl+v to paste in the IP address.  That gets around the ASE problem.  I don't play Quakeworld very often but once in a while it helps to gauge the feel of Gen's stuff against it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #61 on: 2006-04-20, 20:53 »

Tenebrae does have a few issues, namely that godawful E3M3 clipping glitch (which, oddly enough, I also got with Q2K4 the first time I tried it). There is a fix, though, although it refuses to load the first secret level off Hipnotic. On Q2K4 I get a HOM effect where the status bar should be (???)

Myself, I still use good ol' fashioned MHQuake version 6 for SP and Fuhquake for QW. Both have interpolated anims, but what is it with that crosshair??

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #62 on: 2006-04-20, 21:51 »

Well, the bugs with Tenebrae I encountered included the game hitching for about 30 seconds every other minute, and random crashes.  The video flicker on the HUD in Q2K4 is something leftover from GLQuake.  I forget what the fix for that was.  If I remember what it was I'll post it.  I do have all my Q1 maps vispatched.  That's something else that makes Quake single player so much more enjoyable is translucent water.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #63 on: 2006-04-20, 23:38 »

I have never played quakeworld. didn't have a decent connection until 2 years ago, and by then other games were out. might try it now.

The clipping thing got us for the first time ever the other week. didn't understand it at the time. Also seemed to happen in one of the hipnotic levels, about half way though.

i had never heard of Q2K4 until today. what a big world the internet is!  Slipgate - Ownage
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #64 on: 2006-04-21, 09:01 »

Too bad those gouys at Tenebrae2 aren't progressing at all. It looked promissing. But industri was a Tenebrae2 leak, so that's why I asked. I still think that Fuhquake is the best though, stable framerate, good graphics.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #65 on: 2006-04-21, 12:18 »

i'm downloading the fuhquake as i type. it looks good from the screenshots. i'll give it a try today.

LATER, (after speanding a while in e1m2) I still prefer telejano.
« Last Edit: 2006-04-21, 12:59 by shambler » Logged
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #66 on: 2006-04-21, 19:36 »

the ripper. it slices, it dices. it can even open a tin of beans.
this is my son on the recieving end from me.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #67 on: 2006-04-21, 22:26 »

Quote from: scalliano
McDeth and Sham: You're both right Slipgate - Wink It's a map from Kiltron's ill-fated Unreal Arena mod. It did my head in that the mod was left as unfinisherd as it was, so I decided to do a bit of backseat modding and extract all of the finished UT levels into a seperate pk3 and bring them back into VQ3. The result was the above along with Turbine, Tempest and Morbias][. The only issues with the maps are that Morbias has a RA where the redeemer should be (I would have plumped for the BFG myself) and Morpheus is COMPLETELY low-gravity. Other than that, they're great conversions.

The mod is availabe here:

http://meanarena.planetquake.gamespy.com/d.../downloads.html

And if you don't want to go through the slog of messing around with pk3s you can use this:

quake3.exe +set fs_basegame unrealarena +set fs_game baseq3
Thanks dude,

-Rev. Ruaid

Beer? I'm down.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #68 on: 2006-04-23, 09:20 »

This was a bad day.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #69 on: 2006-04-24, 19:32 »

Speaking of Strogg time-travel ... Slipgate - Wink

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #70 on: 2006-04-24, 20:17 »

And it gets worse ...

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #71 on: 2006-04-25, 05:42 »

WOLFENDOOM!!!!!

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #72 on: 2006-04-25, 10:34 »

Wolfendoom is quite popular. Too bad it won't work with jDooM. And scalliano, is that QII GenArena?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #73 on: 2006-04-25, 17:56 »

Kruzader:  I took those shots using Jdoom...

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #74 on: 2006-04-25, 18:54 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
] Wolfendoom is quite popular. Too bad it won't work with jDooM. And scalliano, is that QII GenArena?
Yup, it's Q2Gen Slipgate - Wink

And I also play WolfenDoom using jDoom (have to, since my proc isn't fast enough to handle Wolf3D on DosBox, but that's another story ...)

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #75 on: 2006-04-25, 23:04 »

remember this?
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #76 on: 2006-05-03, 04:15 »

About WolfenDoom on Doomsday... is there some specific way of setting it up? I tried playing it in the past (about a year ago) and the dogs had obscene amounts of health (since they were actually pinky demons in disguise) compared to what they should have.

And I just tried it now and got the same result.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #77 on: 2006-05-03, 04:19 »

Have you tried aiming downward at the dogs?  It works wonders.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #78 on: 2006-05-03, 04:37 »

I know how to aim. I hit them.. the blood spatter effect appears, the dog whines, etc etc etc, but they don't die in the usual 2-3 hits as they did in Wolf3d. It takes like 15 or so.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #79 on: 2006-05-03, 05:07 »

I can kill them in two punches myself, or 2 bullets.  One shotgun blast (machinegun, but we know it's really the Doom boomstick) should kill a dog instantly.  It sounds like you don't have the dehacked patch loaded.  15 bullets sounds more like a Doom demon than a Nazi woof woof.  Here's what I do to run it using Kickstart:

Games tab:
Doom II:  Hell On Earth

Wads tab:
YourDoomsdayPath/wads/2nd_enc.wad

Other Options tab:
Add to the command line:  -deh 2nd_enc.deh

2nd_enc.wad is in the wads folder of course.
2nd_enc.deh should be in YourDoomsdayPath/Run/jDoom/

If you're using one of the other missions besides Second Encounter then substitute the appropriate filenames inplace of the ones I've provided.  If you're not using Doomsday and Kickstart to run JDoom then I can't really help you with the pathing for JDoom, you'll have to check the manual.  You really do need that dehacked patch though.
« Last Edit: 2006-05-03, 05:07 by Phoenix » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: