2024-04-25, 23:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Behavior? (At what cost...)  (Read 14067 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2006-04-16, 06:00 »

http://education.guardian.co.uk/classroomv...,987932,00.html
Thanks go to Lilazz for alerting us to this one.  This is the most despicable thing I have read in a very long time!  Somebody needs to shut this place down.  Slipgate - Shouting

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-16, 10:19 »

I've read articles about this over two years ago - It's sad to see nothing has been done to shut that hellhole down.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-16, 14:23 »

If I ever I was sent to such a place, I would do whatever it takes to get out.  You can force me to bend my will, but you will never EVER (again) break my spirit.  I would repent, I would be genuine, I would be the little "good" male I was supposed to be.  But mark my words, I would kill every single one of my captors and make them suffer as long as they made me suffer before snuffing out their life.  

And then of course, I'd have to kill whoever sent me there.  Slipgate - Laugh

This is damn near the worst possible thing you could do to your child.  I'm so sorry your wealthy and detached life-style can't keep up with the "drama" life throws at you.  You should have thought about that before you sporked your lover and got (her) pregnant.

No one, and I mean no one, has the right to take away another's life. (Yes, yes, I know, I'm hypocritical.) And that's exactly what this "behavior modfication" bullshit does.

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-16, 15:32 »

This is sick. What's next? Battle Royale?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-16, 19:22 »

I'm not surprised really. Nobody wants to raise their own kids any more, but they all want them (or say they do just to make the other party happy.. which probably leads to problems as well.. or don't want them at all, but end up having them anyway [the so called, 'accidents' or 'imperfections']).

So hey.. shove the kid off to Jamaica for like a year to have someone else do it for you Nazi brainwash style. You get a year of vacation form the brat and a completely brainwashed little angel! Slipgate - Laugh
« Last Edit: 2006-04-16, 19:31 by ~SpAwN~ » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-16, 19:56 »

I've read actual stories by people who just got out of such a camp (I do not know by heart if it was the same place). The things that happen have a very surrealistic tone to them: you almost want to check the cover to see a "by the author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"..

One of the things I remember reading about, were sessions where the kids were obliged to tell 'bad things' they had done, publicly. If one could not come up with anything, one would be forced to undergo humiliating public torture or spend up to weeks in isolation (meaning in actual isolation cells, using a bucket for relieving oneself, etc.). Think of an extended Stanford prison experiment gone horribly wrong, and you get the picture.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-16, 20:41 »

Can't say anything else. I think I'm going to buy a panzer and kill that guy if you don't mind.

Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-17, 04:00 »

lazy parents... they need to be bitch-slapped every second of everyday untill they realize that thier crotch-droppings are THIER responsibility, they need to realize that since they popped out a mewling bag of flesh they have to take care of it. not just send them off at the first sign of inconvenience... no actually they need to be killed both them and their offspring get them the spork out of the gene pool.

and just irradiate those people who are in charge of that place make them die in a most painful way
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2006-04-17, 05:55 »

Quote from: Tabun
It's sad to see nothing has been done to shut that hellhole down.
Indeed.  An armed raid comes to mind.  It's a bloody shame I don't know any mercenaries, and those I do know who are trigger-happy enough to do that kind of thing are as broke as I am.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2006-04-17, 17:16 »

Amazing.

Amazing that they can get away with it.

I think they tried brain washing in Germany once.

Oh yeah, it started WW2
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #10 on: 2006-04-17, 21:00 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Indeed.  An armed raid comes to mind.  It's a bloody shame I don't know any mercenaries, and those I do know who are trigger-happy enough to do that kind of thing are as broke as I am.
ill do it for a bottle of single malt scotch.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #11 on: 2006-04-18, 06:52 »

Wouldn't it be possible to convict this gentleman of "crimes against humanity" among other things?

This seems rather abusive and I know parents who lost their children to the state over more trivial matters than this. I'm sure a good 'ol U.N. intervention would do the trick.

That, or a SEALS operation.

My prediciton: Something will come of this soon now that the world is catching wind. You get enough pissed off people in a democratic nation, it's government will have to do something.

Although Woods' offer does sound attractive. I would be inclined to go down there myself with my gun for a bottle of Single Malt Scotch.

Beer? I'm down.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2006-04-18, 14:57 »

Quote from: McDeth
. I'm sure a good 'ol U.N. intervention would do the trick.

I cant think of a single instance IN THE HISTORY OF MAN in which that did the trick.
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #13 on: 2006-04-18, 16:22 »

Quote from: Woodsman
Quote from: McDeth
. I'm sure a good 'ol U.N. intervention would do the trick.

I cant think of a single instance IN THE HISTORY OF MAN in which that did the trick.
Oh yea, they're useless. I plumb forgot.

Beer? I'm down.
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #14 on: 2006-04-18, 17:32 »

I agree, they sit around have meetings, exchange ideas of cultural diversity, have a two hour lunch and get paid for it.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2006-04-18, 17:53 »

I don't see this going away.  In fact, I see it growing.  I also see governments turning a blind eye to it because it is effective at brainwashing rebelious and unruly people.  Right now it's just common problems - disobedient children prone to getting into mischief or worse - but that's just a step away from political dissidents and potential revolutionaries.  Governments want to control those kinds of people, so this little facility and others like it will remain conveniently ignored for now.  Consider them a model for future reference.  If something so heinous occurs that martial law of any kind is ever implemented, these sort of training facilities will pop up all over the place, mark my words.

Remember, it's not enough to silence you, they want to break you.  They want you to love Big Brother.  As long as you're defiant, even unto death, you're a threat.  Freedom of thought is the most dangerous thing to those who seek to maintain control.  After all, you can't kill ideas.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #16 on: 2006-04-18, 21:17 »

Because I don't say it, don't mean I ain't thinkin it
Next thing you know, they'll take my thoughts away

-Megadeth -- Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

HeadBanging

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #17 on: 2006-04-18, 23:19 »

Not to mention that with this camp being outside US soil, much like Camp X-Ray, it is therefore pretty much exempt from things such as the Geneva Convention. This is effectively extraordinary rendition for kids. I'm not US-bashing here (for a change), it's just that once  again we have another example of basic human rights violation that everyone is turning a blind eye to.

As for the UN, euurrgghh ...

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2006-04-19, 04:41 »

The Geneva Convention has nothing to do with this.  These people aren't prisoners of war, they're civilians, children for God's sake.  They've been convicted of no crime, and are serving no sentence.  They are being imprisoned against their will and tortured, with their own parents permission, and its completely legal.  I know people who have DCF just itching to take their children away for very stupid technicalities.  Yet, you can legally ship your child to what amounts to a prison camp?

In Guantanamo, they give you three square meals a day, making sure there's no pork or any other "unclean" animals that Muslims can't eat.  You get a free Koran and prayer rug, and signs point toward Mecca.  You have attorneys, activists, and politicians clammoring to protect your rights when you're not even citizens of that country in question, not even proper POW's since you fight under no flag or uniform, and are not under any Geneva Convention legal protections as a result.  It is a serious problem when Jihadist terrorists are treated better than the offspring of a nation's citizenry.  Can you imagine if the kids in this story had been Arabs rounded up from Afghanistan?  You'd have the entire media, half the Congress of the United States, as well as just about every actor in Hollywood up in arms over it.  You'd have protests, and calls for impeachment, and calls for the camp to be shut down for human rights violations.  It seems people are more eager to protect evil than the innocent, but then, why should I be surprised?  Jesus was sold out to be crucified for 30 pieces of silver when he had done no wrong, and the people demanded Barrabas, a violent murderer, go free in his place.  My, how much things change in 2,000 years.

I've heard so many politicians talk about doing things "for the children".  Let's ban guns "for the children".  Let's socialize healthcare "for the children".  Let's advance any political cause that we need votes on "for the children".  I find it very disturbing when I have more compassion for these kids, troubled as they are, than your so-called leaders do.  It really should be the other way around.  Maybe you should all take a good, cold look at your leaders and figure out how much they are really worth.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #19 on: 2006-04-19, 05:05 »

I've done that already.. it's probably why I hate humanity and wish it to become extinct. Nothing gets better over time.. if anything, it all gets worse. The more I read about the world and what happens everywhere, the more I hate people. Long live the corrupt! 4.. LIFE!! Thumbs up!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: