2024-03-29, 10:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray (According to Microsoft Reps...)  (Read 3367 times)
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2006-07-17, 10:54 »

While I do not have a large enough understanding of each format to guage the neutrality of its contents, this podcast is damn informative.  

This particular podcast is put out by Larry Hryb, otherwise known as Major Nelson, who is the X-Box Live Director of Programming, but you can just think of him as a liason for the X-Box Live Community.

In all honesty, HD-DVD sounds more appealing to me, and with how expensive and detailed the manufacturing process for Blu-Ray is, it sounds as if HD-DVD is more appealing to the disc-pressers as well.  I still think it's far too early to be pushing out a new media format, but I might pick up the HD-DVD player for the X-Box 360 if the price is right.  Hybrid discs for the win!

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2006-07-17, 15:29 »

I think you mean hybrid players.

Blueray ( or as i call it betamax 2 ) isnt a bad standard but with HD-DVD players selling for half the price and little or no diffrence in picture quality i really cant see Blueray winning at least not for set top players. Anyway isnt this all a little premature? how much disk capacity do we really need to play movies? you know the 32 extra gigs of space on that blue ray disk is just gonna be stuffed with ads and copy protection crap.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #2 on: 2006-07-17, 17:11 »

BLU-RAY for storage, HD-DVD for playback. Don't see the big fuzz on this subject, their functions have been traced for a long time.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2006-07-18, 02:43 »

They should just do rock, paper, scissors and pick a format already.  Slipgate - Asleep

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: