2024-04-27, 20:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Custom Resolutions....for Q2  (Read 3017 times)
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« on: 2006-08-01, 07:10 »

I asked this question a while back in reguards to Quake 3...the question being if it were possible to set Quake 3 to a custom screen resolution (such as mine...1440x900)....the answer is yes and I'm quite satisfied with the result.

Recently, I have installed the entire Quake series on my computer.  Quake 3 runs great, Quake 4 runs good.  Quake 1 required the use of a source port for best quality (DarkPlaces) but I'm quite satisfied with the result of that as well (check it out, if you haven't, here).

All of these games (with the inclusion of DarkPlaces) have the ability to run within my screen size.....except for Quake 2.

Quake 2 (installed from the special edition Quake 4 box) runs great, but I'd love to swap it over to 1440x900 rather than 1024x768.  Is there any way to do this with vanilla Q2 or is a source port required...and if so, which source port would one recommend?

Any help is appreciated!  Thumbs up!

-JL
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-01, 13:14 »

I don't know if it works with that version, but I'd try Quake2Evolved just for the sake of it. Pretty darn cool project and it even has per-pixel-lighting in its beta versions. Too bad it looks like the project died.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: