2024-03-28, 13:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipgate axe skin  (Read 8312 times)
MoJoJoJoe

« on: 2003-07-23, 09:05 »

I do believe that the slipgate axe isn't any where near bloody enough and there should be blood on both axe ends. So ya think you could give it more Quake 1 flare and finess like id software meant it to be like. That means way more DARK RED blood on both axe ends. Can you do this tiny thing?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-07-23, 18:59 »

No.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2003-07-23, 21:44 »

bleh the Slipgate axe is just fine!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-07-24, 00:20 »

*Mojojojoe was axe-murdered by the forum.*

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2003-07-24, 02:08 »

the axe would only get blood on it if you manage to kill something with it

running around with an axe coverd in blood would make it rust and hence make it dull and not able to punch trough armour like it used to

you dont want an axe with blood but less damage do you mojo?

edit: typo
« Last Edit: 2003-07-24, 02:09 by pepe » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-07-24, 13:39 »

oh and lets let the chainsaw have blood all over it  and let the rockets say wazaaaaa . and give them a smiling face .
and dont forget to give everone a warning tha the guy  nbehind the corner has a bfg. or giving evereone in the water a note that someone is coming with a lightning gun.

Esco

« Reply #6 on: 2003-07-25, 20:41 »

Heh.... I happen to like the idea of the rockets screamin WAZAAAAA randomly! It would be pretty funny!  Slipgate - Laugh  Slipgate - Tongue  Thumbs up!
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2003-07-25, 22:26 »

See sig Slipgate - Wink
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2003-07-26, 09:22 »

yea thats the one .

reminds my of the proxamtly mines in CUT
those where funny
Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #9 on: 2003-07-27, 19:51 »

hmmm... Chaosut for Ut2k3 has been released. Did you know that, GK?
MoJoJoJoe

« Reply #10 on: 2003-07-27, 22:48 »

Slipgate Technolegy happened hundreds of years from now. Do you honestly think they didn't have a stronger better sharper and stainless aloy. Even if they didn't it's commonly known as stainless steel of the stuff that glocks are made of. That stuff is more rust resistant than stainless steel. Also I figured gen would have some respect for the originality that ID put into their bloody axe. Also I thought gen was supposed to be close to the models and skins from the game the class is based off of.

Also my personal opinion besides the axe all of the slipgates weaps could have been animated. For god sakes you took the time on the doom pistol, fist, chainsaw. This includes having to make idle animatins and fire animations. The slipgate weaps never had any idle animations and all the animation was is the gun jumping back from recoil. Not very complicated.
« Last Edit: 2003-07-27, 22:49 by MoJoJoJoe » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2003-07-27, 23:16 »

The Doom fist uses the q3 gauntlet animation, which basically moves the model out and back in. Easy hack.

The chainsaw does the same thing. The 'idle animation' is a shader. Easy hack.

A spinning barrel, a straight punch, and a moving shader are all easy hacks. Weapons that needed and could use one of the above recieved them. None of the weapons have proper animations because q3 doesnt support them. A swinging axe requires several frames of animation which Q3 DOES NOT HAVE BUILT-IN SUPPORT for.

Here is what is necessary to make proper, multi-stage animations for the weapons.

1) Working code. We have to code the animation system from scratch. Phoenix has laid the groundwork for this, and knows what must be done. However, things like GAMEPLAY must come before animations, and the core of gen must be complete, otherwise a small change down the road could break the system.

2) The animations themselves, which will take time. I believe most of the weapons will need 7+ frames of animations.  We do not have this done, and don't have a proper animator yet. Phoenix could do it...but not while he's coding the mod. See above.

Also you said:
Also I figured gen would have some respect for the originality that ID put into their bloody axe. Also I thought gen was supposed to be close to the models and skins from the game the class is based off of.

We did make most of the models very close to the originals, but we figgured that a double-bladed waraxe screamed 'badass' more than that silly little hatchet the Q1 guy carried around. Trust me, back when Ren made the axe, we had this very discussion. We like it, and the old faded bloodstains gives it a 'well used' feel. We're entitled to a little bit of originality ourselves.

So before you critize, know what you're talking about.  If you don't know what you're talking about, ask. A simple "What is necessary for the animations to be added to the mod?" is a lot better than "I think you could have done this, so why didn't you?"
« Last Edit: 2003-07-27, 23:20 by ConfusedUs » Logged
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #12 on: 2003-07-28, 00:02 »

<---- animator... i just havent been in IRC very often around, i still post here fairly often..  i was just waitin on pho to code the anim system so i know what i have to work with..

(..ohh and i know i copped out on the luger.. i really had no control over that.. i had surgery on my wrist and couldnt do ANYTHING Slipgate - Sad )
« Last Edit: 2003-07-28, 00:03 by Hedhunta » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2003-07-28, 00:43 »

Sorry hed. No offense, but I forgot about ya. =(
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #14 on: 2003-07-28, 15:56 »

lol.. np dude.. hehe, thats my fault cause i really havent been around much lately.. life is a LOT more fun away from my computer Slipgate - Smile...   but yeah, im up for doing weapon anims whenever pho is ready..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: