2024-04-20, 12:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations Items (First IN-GAME preview!)  (Read 15970 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #20 on: 2003-08-02, 17:10 »

Lol Atom, im still drooling make it stop!
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #21 on: 2003-08-02, 19:16 »

wow.. just wow.. i mean, the only thing left to make it the original games with updated graphics would be the original huds in some of those shots.. they look almost exact to the originals with just more polys..
Lightning Hunter

Imp

« Reply #22 on: 2003-08-02, 19:33 »

All the pickups look great!  The Doom pickups bring back the most memories.  Good ol' UAC Slipgate - Smile

I'm guessing that the health and armor pickups will come out in a later release?  I saw the Slip Gaters health pickups in Taban's thread, but not for the other games.  I can wait for those though.  The standard Q3 ones will suffice for now. Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2003-08-02, 20:18 »

Actually, health is up next.  Powerups and armor won't make this release, with the exception being the armor shard I believe.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2003-08-03, 04:43 »

I consistently made (at least):
- all ammo items
- all health items (excluding mega)
- the armor shard

the latter, because it's the most common of the armor items, and helps lots to accentuate the 'class-feel'.
Some of the powerups, and no armors are done yet. I think I'm going to play around and make some strogg armors soon, though ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #25 on: 2003-08-03, 06:26 »

Fainting  Hail

SW33TNESS.

One criticism, though - shouldn't the Doom grenade pickup be a single rocket? After all, that's what it does ingame, and Tabun himself said that the rocket model already in-game will be used for the grenades.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2003-08-03, 11:37 »

The grenade pickup changed in 99c to the standard rocket box for Doom, owing to the infrequency of grenade boxes and Doom's tendency to miss everything short of a cyberdemon with his slow rockets.  Slipgate gets 5 rockets for a grenade box, and his rocket pickup was also changed to a standard 5 down from 10 due to playability concerns.  That is, the few times you COULD kill a Slipgater almost always yielded a backpack with > 80 rockets.  This change was especially needed since rocket explosion mechanics changed for Slipgate.  They're slower than 99b's rockets in order to match Q1 speeds exactly, but much more lethal to take splash from one in 99c.  Earth and Strogg pickup a different item entirely for grenades, both can toss them without a launcher so they technically qualify as an actual "weapon".  If you don't think that's important then consider the fact that I won a match that went into "Sudden Death" yesterday with a handgrenade toss.  Arena gets 10 for either rockets or grenades, but again has two separate weapons and we're not really into altering the Q3 class here.

Since the ammo quantity is identical for rockets and grenades there was no reason to implement a different model, same with the Skippy rocket boxes.  Tab also usually qualifies his assertions with "unless I'm mistaken", since I'm known to change the code on him behind his back so much. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #27 on: 2003-08-04, 19:47 »

*faints*

I agree 100% with all the WOW-comments. Those screenshot absolutely rock! It looks very similar to the original games, yet much more polished. Awesome job!!!

I know I'm going to enjoy GenArena on my brand new PC.
Specs:
P4 2.6GHz HT  Slipgate - Laugh
1 GB DDR-RAM  Slipgate - Tongue
GeForce FX 5600  B)

*drools*
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #28 on: 2003-08-05, 00:33 »

/me only hopes that Arno's connection sucks  Slipgate - Sad
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #29 on: 2003-08-05, 07:19 »

My God... just checked the forums for the first time in a few weeks.

Those look friggin AWESOME. I can't wait to actually see them for myself! EXCELLENT job Pho.. and Tab for actually making the models/skins.

HeadBanging

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #30 on: 2003-09-13, 13:48 »

OMG, why did i miss this? Why am i an idiot? Why did noone spam my aim and icq telling me of this? Why is the sky blue? Why did I not check these forums for months? Why DAMMIT?! WHY?!

*breathe*

*breathe*

Looks nice =)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #31 on: 2003-09-13, 13:54 »

ROFL!

WB Daed.
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #32 on: 2003-09-14, 00:19 »

SURELY you must have gotten word of the new Gen release, broadcasted EVERYWHERE...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: