2024-04-18, 09:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is left?  (Read 5848 times)
Dr Sean

Ogre

« on: 2007-06-29, 05:51 »

Hello, I used to play generations on lan and online a year (or maybe two) ago. And i just recently reinstalled it and have been playing lan a lot, and I'm wondering; What is left to do to complete the mod, it seems like the onley thing really left to do is the axe swing,  knife, and pistol things, and that seems, well, minor. I mean as far as gameplay, this mod seems about perfect.
-Woah, that was long, Sorry
-Sean.

I made 3, im not sure how, but can i delete the other two?
« Last Edit: 2007-07-09, 17:09 by Tabun » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-29, 12:50 »

While gun animations seem minor to you, I can assure you that it takes quite a bit of effort to get them working (codewise) right, and to make the animations and tweak them (modelling). Behind the scenes, we've been working on these animations long enough to have finished all but one classes' guns. So in respect to your question: Some weapons of Earth are left.

But that is only one aspect that needs to be made / tweaked / developed. Our 99f release has many tiny annoyances and quasi-bugs that have been removed in the latest private tests. Balancing issues are investigated and addressed, etc. Then there's the implementation of functionality that simply wasn't there yet: Phoenix is currently working hard to make a nifty set of class-specific grappling hooks, which should turn CTF into a genuinely Generations-CTF experience. The Interface is getting an overhaul and we've a few things planned for other parts of the UI -- the HUD, for instance.

Long story short: there's a nice stretch of road ahead of us. ;]
Just remember, the longer we work at it, the better this will be!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2007-06-29, 17:38 »

There are, of things I have yet to implement, that I can think of off the top of my head:

Gamecode changes:
New player model stances and attack motions for melee weapons, grenades, BFG's and pistols, etc.
New muzzle flash effects on the weapons.
New gametypes above the standard four.
Re-implementation of single player game modes.
Team Arena mode (this will not be 100% Team Arena... it'll just let you play on the TA maps with a few nifty things thrown in).
New brass ejection effects for the weapons.
Overhaul of the user interface to allow for more intuitive customization and control over player options and less reliance on the command window.
Weapon and item sound stuff.

Engine-side changes:
New dynamic lighting effects, least of which will fix wall bleed through and saturation problems with Q3's normal lighting code.
New particle engine (will allow more particles without framerate drop since this is done on the client's qvm module right now and is grossly inefficient).

Those are just a few of the major changes on my to-do list.  If you think .99f is "almost perfect", you'll be blown away by what we're working on now.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Dr Sean

Ogre

« Reply #3 on: 2007-06-29, 18:03 »

Ok, it all sounds good, thank you.

-One more thing, i cant join the Central or Europe servers because I'm apparantly missing, well somthing, and Autodownload is disabled on the servers, one is generationszzz skinupdate and the other is generationsunitool (I think)

-Thanks.. Again
« Last Edit: 2007-06-30, 16:52 by Dr Sean » Logged
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-30, 08:02 »

I've been following this mod for a while now...all i can say is patience. They have come a long way and it's quite impressive right now. Not that it wasn't before.

As for the post above... I think I got that before also. What is that?

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2007-06-30, 22:10 »

The Euro server does not run sv_pure, and also does not allow downloading.  Best option is to turn off auto-downloading and see if everything plays right.  If you can connect to Central without getting kicked or anything going whacky, you've got all you need to play.

As for the skin update, there's a modelpack available for Gen that includes Qforcer, Strogg Guard, and WHS team skins.  You should not require anything other than what's on the downloads page to play on either server.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Dr Sean

Ogre

« Reply #6 on: 2007-06-30, 22:31 »

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: