2024-03-28, 17:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena Lightning into TA chaingun  (Read 5288 times)
Kingu

Archvile

« on: 2007-11-01, 12:57 »

I'm not familiar with q3 models handing and graphic.
 But with simple file swaping, I've made it to swap models, and here are the problems:
 I don't know how to make lightning bolt disapear,
and copied "vulcan" shader don't make muzzleflash fully transparent on the blackparts as it did in TA.
 Could someone helpm me with this?
So there would be only one true lightning gun at The Ethernal Arenas. Slipgate - Smirk
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-11-01, 15:43 »

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to replace the Q3 lightning gun with the Chaingun from Team Arena?  If so, is this in normal Quake 3 or in Generations?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2007-11-01, 23:49 »

You are right to change look of lightning gun into TA model of chaingun, mainly to have every lightning gun slot on the arenas were a chaingun. With only look changed and damage and rate of fire same as arena lightning gun.
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #3 on: 2007-11-01, 23:55 »

You are right to change look of lightning gun into TA model of chaingun, mainly to have every lightning gun slot on the arenas, exept of slipgate, were a chaingun. With only look changed and damage and rate of fire same as arena lightning gun.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2007-11-02, 00:51 »

Well if that's the case, in order for the shader to work you have to replace the entire .shader file that the original shader script was in, not just write a new .shader file with the modified script.  If it was in gfx.shader, you need to replace gfx.shader.  If it's in models.shader, you need to replace models.shader.

If you do this, remember to put it in your own .pk3 file, NOT in pak0.pk3 or any of the Generations .pk3 files.  If you modify those you cannot play on a server with sv_pure enabled, or if you connect, it will malfunction.  Just beware that you may need to extract a shader from the Generations .pk3's if I've done any modifying of my own, or else you'll break any changes I have made if you use an older version of the file.  You run into the potential of causing stuff I've changed to stop working.  I really discourage this kind of tinkering with Gen because I don't really like getting bug reports from this sort of thing.

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #5 on: 2007-11-02, 12:48 »

Ok thanks for that info.
 But if i get that entire shader file, game will load some useless TA shaders or shaders that were originally loaded and didn't get changed, am i right?
 And there is question, how to get rid of that lightning trail?

My experience with shaders so far was trail of mistakes with getting Pi and Fritzkrieg into separate pak to get then into q3 without whole TA game pak, so i thought this weapon swap wouldn't be more dificult.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2007-11-02, 17:02 »

No no no, I mean, if you want to disable the lightning shader, you have to change the .shader file that the lightning shader is in.  You have to rewrite the shader itself so that it doesn't draw the graphic.

For the muzzle flash, check the q3 console and see if there's a warning about a missing texture.  You probably need to keep the muzzle flash texture in the chaingun folder for the muzzle flash shader to work.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: