2024-04-23, 20:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I actually laughed out loud....  (Read 12861 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #20 on: 2007-11-26, 18:29 »

The most extreme case, obviously, but there is a strong and exotic Sonic hentai community in the internet. Sorry for giving away the wrong impression in the previous post.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2007-11-26, 23:24 »

I'm rather not surprised, actually, though I think I'd rather not discuss hentai.  Slipgate - Distraught

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2007-11-27, 17:55 »

Also: http://www.brunching.com/images/geekchartbig.gif

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #23 on: 2007-11-27, 19:34 »

Hmm... I dunno, I'd think that trekkies who get married in klingon garb are nerdier than furries, unless they're furries who get married in fursuits...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2007-11-27, 21:12 »

Well, instead of arguing over such a detail, you could also be asking: where's the little box that reads: "people who make elaborate charts for non-scientific data?".. ;]

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2007-11-28, 02:25 »

There's also a distinct lack of any real technical occupation listed as well, which makes the whole chart moot.  Where are the MIT graduates, computer engineers, network software programmers, etc?  This looks more like a "geekiness as applied to fandom" chart.  Perhaps this is some distinction between a geek and a nerd that I'm unaware of, but then I've always seen the terms as somewhat synonymous.

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #26 on: 2007-11-28, 19:26 »

I also think they're similar terms. We could always check Wikipedia for SUPREME KNOWLEDGE, but I just don't feel like doing it Slipgate - Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007-11-28, 20:08 by Lopson » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2007-11-28, 19:55 »

Come to think of it, I think of some additions to that chart:

1)  Relies in Wikipedia as an accurate and authoritative source of information (considers itself less geeky than)

2)  Regularly contributes article content to Wikipedia (considers itself less geeky than)

3)  Content moderators and site administrators of Wikipedia (considers itself less geeky than)

4)  Content authors of parallel wikis relating to a geeky subject

It seems that Wikipedia is considered a typographical error by the forum's automatic spelling checker.[citation needed]
  Slipgate - Grin

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2007-11-29, 05:31 »

I don't consider Wikipedia-use as particularly geeky (in any of the mentioned ways). I do, however, consider the making and updating of a subject-specific wiki-site (such as an "ultimate pokemon-wiki" or the "doom wiki" or the like -- which is probably what point 4 refers to) as a rather geeky thing to do.

Point 1 in the above looks rather more like a stupid and "vulgar" thing to do, than anything to be associated (specifically) with geeks.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: