2024-03-29, 13:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, what's left to do before Generations 1.0?  (Read 8371 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« on: 2003-08-14, 22:29 »

Aside from weapon animations  Slipgate - Wink

Just asking!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-08-15, 02:38 »

Besides adding frames to the guns?  Ok, you asked for it.  Oh My F'ing Gawd

New player stances, major code optimizations (Some have turned out to be quite necessary at this point), new sounds, new weapon pickup handling code, better map rotation configuration controls, adding in a "max timelimit" and "matchlimit" option for tourney so tourney can have a map rotation, implementing full Team Arena items and map compatibility options (These will be Generations equivalent substitute items, TA weapons and powerups will NOT be included in Gen), reworking of the UI, improving/optimizing particle effects, new gameplay modes, single player mode (ala Q3, maybe even a gen-specific tier), bug fixes (of course), additional weapons optimizations, new powerup models, spawn protection, and anything else I forgot to list or deliberately omitted because it's non-public at this time.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lightning Hunter

Imp

« Reply #2 on: 2003-08-15, 06:19 »

Hey, a Single Player mode would be awesome!  Let me know if you ever need someone to play test it for you.
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #3 on: 2003-08-15, 07:34 »

Not to mention Resurgence. Slipgate - Wink
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2003-08-15, 07:50 »

feh, complete Generations before you mod it. 'Twas a bad move to start working on it early.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-08-15, 10:51 »

Honestly, I think Earth's "Mortar" should be renamed. It looks and works like a powerful grenade launcher. Plus, it is virtually impossible to aim a real mortar downward and shoot it.

http://www.hqmc.usmc.mil/factfile.nsf/0/96...LE/81MORTAR.JPG

I really don't see anyone RJing with this Slipgate - Wink
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2003-08-15, 12:05 »

Both shadows and quadglow (when cg_dlighttype 2 is on)  is visible through a wall. This way you know if there is someone comming.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2003-08-15, 12:35 »

/me adds to the list: - new armor & powerup models for the non-arena classes :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2003-08-15, 17:18 »

Both shadows and quadglow (when cg_dlighttype 2 is on) is visible through a wall. This way you know if there is someone comming.

If this was intended to be a bug report, it should have been posted in the Bug Reports forum.

But I'll explain it anyway. Dynamic lights have always been visible through walls. It's a limitation of the game engine, since quake1.

Example: Go play quake2 some time on q2dm1. Have someone fire a rocket from the upper RL towards the megahealth. Stand on the other side of the wall. You'll see the lights from the rocket as it flies.
MoJoJoJoe

« Reply #9 on: 2003-08-15, 17:27 »

So Whats next for .99d. Are ya working on the code, the stances, Or the animation frames? Oops I forgot the rest of the armour and power-up models but it was already said that the rest of those will be done for .99d.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-08-15, 17:54 »

/me points mojojojoe in the direction of the beginning of the thread  :unsure:
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2003-08-16, 00:38 »

Remember Tek, the mortar was designed post-modern time but prior to the Doom wars as a more portable weapon to replace field-mounted stationary mortars in situations where they're not effective.  And yes, I made that up.  I designed the gun, after all, I have a right to. Slipgate - Laugh  It is stated that it IS a portable high velocity impact grenade launcher.  A mortar lobs an explosive round into the air in an arc, and it blows up when it hits something.  If this doesn't fall under the classification as a mortar I don't know what does.

The following names do not apply:

1)  Rocket launcher.  The shell is lobbed with a concussive force like from a gun, it is not a rocket.

2)  Grenade launcher.  This would confuse the weapon with the Q1 and Q2 grenade launchers.

So we decided to call it a mortar and that's the name it's keeping.  Besides, I don't see people trying to rocket jump with this either.
 Sipgate - Evil

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #12 on: 2003-08-16, 04:38 »

no... someones tried im sure.. just the military covers it up because they dont want to show you how dumb some people are.. lol
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #13 on: 2003-08-16, 12:48 »

Funny you should ask...

http://www.acn.waw.pl/jaco/rl.jpg

EDIT: fixed link
« Last Edit: 2003-08-16, 12:49 by Jaq » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #14 on: 2003-08-16, 22:21 »

I rocketjump with that.
I mean it . Im always a kamikaze pilot.