2024-03-29, 11:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Req1dm3v2 beta screens  (Read 8549 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2007-12-25, 04:40 »

Well yeah version 2..why? cuz req1dm3 was one of the first q3 maps i've done and lets say the outcome of it could be alot better, you know when you feel, everytime the map comes up in the current mappack it just annoys me Slipgate - Smile the original just looks dull the size of it is totally out of the scale.
So instead of just trying to fix things i started from scratch!
The outcome of this baby might be more remix rather than a remake but im still trying to be true to the original map.

So at 4:40AM (well hell christmas gives me time to do these kind of things)i think im somewhat ready to release these screenshots.

The map is still abit in its early stages but layout n stuff is complete, lights are there thought they sure could use some improvment, texturing is mostly done tho there still are some areas that needs a texture or two, detailing is still not complete but im working on it and so far it seems to be my most detailed map up to date.

Any feedback is welcome.

Links:

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-25, 07:13 »

It's definitely got the Q1 feel down.  I like what I see so far, and I'm looking forward to taking it for a test run!  Slipgate - Love

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-25, 11:33 »

You will as soon as i get some host to store my files..or if i can find my username/password which unfortunate didnt get backup after the last time my computer crashed -.-
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #3 on: 2007-12-26, 01:33 »

Much better! You've done a great job, reboot! Now we'll just have to wait until you host the map.

Slipgate - Sad Waiting sucks, but hey, it's better than not having anything to look foward to.

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #4 on: 2007-12-26, 04:13 »

Man, that is looking the business! Loved your first shot at this map, and this one just goes one better!

PS Nice to see some widescreeen shots, might even use one of these as a waalpaper Slipgate - Thumbs up!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2007-12-26, 13:52 »

Can't wait to give it a whirl, boots. Looking good so far! Doom - Thumbs Up!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2007-12-26, 15:47 »

I'll see about getting an beta uploaded soon, just need to tweak the ammo/health abit cuz i dont rly like it in its current form i find myself looking for health boxes all the time, im gonna change the layout abit and i'll let u guys have a go at it n see if it fits.
Also the bots still have a fancy for the wet stuff so i rly need to try block em from doing their h2o madness! but overall the bots run thru the map quite ok..and i havent even done any bot tweaks at all Slipgate - Smile

Well all my screenshots will be in the widescreen format since..uhm i have a widescreen monitor..imo all should get one cuz its rly nice to play FPS on wide Slipgate - Smile Also an hint for pho fixing a widescreen option in the gen menus Slipgate - Wink
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2007-12-26, 21:09 »

Nobody's really made it clear exactly what it is I'm supposed to fix!  I don't have a widescreen display so I don't know where it is that it's broken.  Slipgate - Surprised

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2007-12-27, 03:20 »

Alucard told me that the logo cinematic and intro were stretched or squashed (bad aspect ratio, in any case), but as far as I could make up from his comments, nothing else was wrong.

You can do some widescreen testing on any pc btw, simply by launching Q3 in a widescreen dimensioned window w/ command line params.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2007-12-27, 06:44 »

Ok, I was misreading that as some kind of a menu option problem in the UI, not a problem with the .roq playback.  I'll have to recheck the thread about that to get a look at the widescreen resolutions.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2007-12-27, 08:02 »

Rather .roq files doesnt play at all..visually still hear the sound thought. but what i meant was to have an option to set 1680X bla bla whatever it was, atm i have to use custom height n stuff like that.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2007-12-27, 17:42 »

Ahh, gotcha.  I'll put that on my list of "things to do for the UI".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: