2024-03-28, 21:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Req1dm3_v2 "Beta"  (Read 32806 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2009-09-28, 08:45 »

Wow externsive feedback as always tabun

[0000] Hmm will take a look at it, if there already is a nice shader for it i wont bother creating my own.

[0001] Well yeah might take a look at it if i can do something diffrent but they will stay in someway or another cuz they look so cool Slipgate - Smile

[0002] I actually tried a wider version of those walkways but then i rember the whole point was them beeing narrow cuz it's supposed to be hard to get to that armor.
Well i could try to follow the common theme i've done so far and go for the brown/metal stuff will have a go at it.

[0003]
Yeah still placing clips so there are bound to be unclipped models/other areas

[0004] Will try to size them up abit

[0005] haha naw i wont be using that terrain texture its a placeholder until i find something better i'll take a look at the site you suggested thought.

*shrugs* well i did use the dot2product once thought i dont rember how i did it, gonna look around the testmaps i've done, will work on this later and of course i could use any help i can get Slipgate - Smile

[0006]
Aye skie look like crap will find something better, even believe i have some nice skie assets laying around somewhere..

[0007] Well im not sure i want it to be beveled, agree on i might make it abit wider but the point of the window was to follow the original abit, but of course i dont mind trying new ideas will see if i can do something else!

[0008] Well steps are also a part i've tried to follow the original quake 1 had these kind of large steps.. thought i have another idea how to make them look "thinner" thought i might try to double the steps i will have to test it first thought.

[0009] Will get clipped once i get there.

[0010] Actually i didnt know about that, i do have plat sounds but might be cuz of some plat sounds i have installed.. :O

[0011] Hmm got a point there i'll do it! Slipgate - Smile

[0012] Shouldnt be a problem to raise the doorway abit, will do it

[0013] Yeah i noticed that aswell and i dont know why it happens since i dont have any clip there.. will try to raise it 1 unit and see if it makes any difference.

[0014] Yeah gonna tone the lights abit last time that area was too dark, now it's too bright instead.

Hehe well i need to know all the negatives about the map else it can get good Slipgate - Tongue besides it makes me look at things at diffrent angles.

Anyways what did suprise me was that you didnt see the crappy textures i've made? Slipgate - Tongue they look so photoshop that i feel i'll everytime i see them, rly could use some help there if you have the time over tab, it's only 2 textures Slipgate - Smile (The small white bricks and brown bricks)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #21 on: 2009-10-01, 07:41 »

That is definitely very not bad. I loved the Q symbol on the wall by the red armor.. and all the pipes. Slipgate - Smile

Can't really think of much else to say really.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #22 on: 2010-04-02, 18:56 »

Well havent updated this thread that much but the map is pretty much done, will put up another beta soon and if noon find anything wrong with it it's "done" Slipgate - Smile
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2010-12-11, 11:29 »

*Cough* I dont post much in this thread but im actually still working on this map, it's mostly done anyways so i'll post a final beta in like around christmas maybe if i get the time!

On another sidenote im also working on a q1dm2 remake began detailing it, but spork it's hard to find any texture set that match that map, so i guess i need to poke around the net abit and see what i find!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2010-12-11, 13:06 »

Sweet.  Looking forward to some Q1 map goodness!  Slipgate - Love

Would any of Tab's textures from his Q1DM5 remake work?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #25 on: 2010-12-11, 20:21 »

Still trying to find the inspiration to finish my Q2DM6 remake...or Did boot say he did that one already?
Too many unfinished maps in the works...lol

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #26 on: 2010-12-12, 20:12 »

Maybe should check them out! Slipgate - Smile

Xypher: Nope havent done any q2dm6 remake yet atleast Slipgate - Smile