2024-04-19, 01:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Resum? of George Bush (2004 Presidency? I don't think so!)  (Read 18003 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #20 on: 2003-08-20, 05:04 »

Vote Kucinich. Slipgate - Wink

http://www.kucinich.us

Or, if you're just pragmatic, vote Kerry or Dean or something. But NOT Lieberman. But I'm sure you guys knew that already.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2003-08-20, 05:19 »

Nah, vote Cthulhu!  Slipgate - Laugh

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #22 on: 2003-08-20, 05:25 »

Vote Phoenix, he'd make da best president evar!!! lololol!!!!!1111oneonetwo

Twi: This topic has nothing to do with that shit, stop it.
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #23 on: 2003-08-20, 07:36 »

Also, Oobey, I don't think Footman subscribes to the "Rich = BAD" train of thought. I think it's the "Greedy enough to take over the government and smother peoples' lives here and abroad = FSCKING OBVIOUSLY WRONG" train of thought.

A bunch of people are rich - I don't think Footman has any beef with them, so long as they don't buy out the government and screw over the people by extension.
« Last Edit: 2003-08-20, 07:37 by Assamite » Logged
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #24 on: 2003-08-20, 08:06 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Nah, vote Cthulhu!  Slipgate - Laugh
A candidate I purposed quite some time ago  Slipgate - Wink
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2003-08-20, 20:51 »

:blink: now there's a thought, if cthulhu was in office, everone would be equally screwed, no more bitching! Slipgate - Laugh

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #26 on: 2003-08-21, 00:13 »

Quote from: Assamite
Also, Oobey, I don't think Footman subscribes to the "Rich = BAD" train of thought. I think it's the "Greedy enough to take over the government and smother peoples' lives here and abroad = FSCKING OBVIOUSLY WRONG" train of thought.

A bunch of people are rich - I don't think Footman has any beef with them, so long as they don't buy out the government and screw over the people by extension.
A) As I said earlier, unless foot comes out and says it, I was in fact wrong and am not attacking him, but rather the person who actually wrote that, and

B) I would like to point out:

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history.

My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

...which are in a collection of 'facts' designed to make Bush look bad.
« Last Edit: 2003-08-21, 02:33 by OoBeY » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2003-08-21, 11:16 »

Here's my impression of what he's done:\
- Cleaned up dad's war
have you noticed that on all of his interviews hes is wearing a military suit or there is atleast a lot of military materials standing behind him.

even Hitler didnt do such thing

anyway i have to say that although clinton was a pussy like many of you say ,
he WAS a GOOD president . ok he didn't do to much wars and stuff. but look at the economie . he could let it rise trough the roof. if you would left him on top for 12 more years you could have been 1 of the richest lands in the world .

and OOBEY

I fail to see how the opinions of Europeans on our president really matter, unless A) You think the Europeans, with a completely different culture know better than the people of our own country, or B) America became a part of Europe and no one told me...

1)wolr democratie is a woderfull thing  Slipgate - Wink
2)most europeans  are smarter then americans. (till now every guy i know that went to america says the same "I've seen a lot o people there but not 1 smart aerican. I know they exist but there hard to find " I even start to think that the smartest  americans there are people that move to america and get an american passport . Oh My F'ing Gawd
and if we dont may bring in anything against the war then YOU may not bring anything in against Korea making bombs .

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #28 on: 2003-08-21, 18:38 »

okay, I think I need to set this straight before it pisses me off any more..

have you noticed that on all of his interviews hes is wearing a military suit or there is atleast a lot of military materials standing behind him.

even Hitler didnt do such thing
Hitler was rarely seen WITHOUT a military entourage, and a good 90% of Hitler's public speeches were while he was wearing a dress uniform. That point smells of horse manure.
http://www.viaggio-in-germania.de/hitler.jpg
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/s...yker/hitler.gif
http://www-cgsc.army.mil/milrev/spanish/Se.../hitler%202.jpg

And as for Clinton's boosting of the economy, #1 the president doesn't control the stock market. #2 the stock market "boom" during the Clinton administration was due to massive amounts of budget fudging. Enron wasn't alone in this, and the Clinton years were those during which Enron made the greatest profits. Even Allen Greenspan noted that something didn't seem right with it. As for the stock "crash" and 9/11.. The crash occurred AFTER 9/11 and was due, in part to buisness slowing down as everyone drooled over the television. It's like a traffic jam because some bimbo in a minivan is rubbernecking at an accident and taking up two lanes of traffic doing it. On TOP of that, many buisnesses were suddenly held accountable for their records and the audits caused by the Enron scandal made it obvious that THERE WAS NO STOCK BOOM IN THE FIRST PLACE because the money that was being traded DIDN'T EXIST As for 9/11.. Again, the NSA, FBI, CIA and other organizations involved with the policing and protection of the United States receive warnings like that every day. There was no solid indication that it was going to happen. And on TOP of that, government organizations are NOT ALLOWED TO USE RACIAL PROFILING. So they aren't even allowed to take Jihad Joe off a plane and question him on the basis of his race or physical appearance. And if they behave until pulling out the box cutters (which were legal to carry on a plane until 9/11 due to the AIRLINE'S OWN REGULATIONS there's nothing anyone can officially do about it. As for Bush removing Checks and Balances, you said it yourself, you want a president who's got a pair. And in pulling in the reigns of power instead of simply being a figurehead, that's what he's doing.

Moving on to the war in Iraq. I've stated before, and I'll state again, that this isn't simply "finishing what daddy started," Iraq DOES have weapons of mass destruction, and the only reason they haven't shown the media is because if they show you who found them and how, we'll blow our cover. You remember when Geraldo got booted out because he pulled out a map and on international television said "we are here" during troop movements right? It's just that lack of foresight that causes problems. Most of the work in Iraq involves espionage because after the years spent under Saddam's bloody dictatorship nobody wants to risk accidentally letting one of Saddam's killers know that they don't agree with him.

Yes, it was supposed to be a quick war, nobody new exactly how terrified of Saddam the local population was.

Yes, US troops are stationed around oil fields. If you've got the gall to complain about the previous oil crisis, shut up now. And remember when Iraqui troops pulled out of Kuwait? Same deal, burning oil is hazardous in that not only is it explosive, the clouds of smoke are downright lethal.

Yes, we ARE trying to establish a government, but keep in mind that you cannot go from a dictatorship to a democracy overnight. You need to earn the trust of the people, you need to establish a form of mass communication, which we can NOT do until power, phone, water and cable lines are all repaired (most of which were cut by Saddam's loyalists) and you need to establish a system in which to CREATE a new government. It takes people whom the general public is willing to trust, and most Iraqui's are outright terrified of government officials, that just happens to be Huissein's legacy.

As for bombs, I'll admit it is difficult to justify. We don't want any more nukes on this planet, and we still have them. Why? so we can respond to a nuclear, or equivalent threat. What does Korea need nukes for? To protect themselves from the North Koreans? from China? The US already has troops stationed there just-in-case anything like that happens. Frankly, the US has been running around doing errands for the UN for so long it's not even funny. Like it or not, the United States has been the world's police force for many years. And yes, many European and other countries have helped, but we have been the mainstay. I will not say "war is peace" so quit the Big Brother @#$% now. I WILL state that when politics fails, as the UN has done, then something needs to happen.

This is war people, there's nothing nice about it, so take the complaints about not playing nice and shove it. Machiavelli was right, if you win, you do it hard, fast, and quiet. Playing nice gets you dead.

And omfg people, did you really expect 9/11 to NOT cause a recession?! They blew up the @#$%ing WORLD TRADE CENTER. Practically the freaking headquarters of this nation's economy.

And Footman, this isn't bashing you personally, but you DID post a list of "transgressions" that came from a source that's almost as liberal as Hitler was fascist and your most impressive supporting statistics were PROJECTIONS.

As good 'ol Sam Clemens said so long ago, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Just keep in mind that you can make numbers say anything, and there are two sides to any argument. I'm not fully supporting Bush, but I WILL state that all of the bashing is ridiculous. If you think you could have done a better job, then you should try working on the solution, not pissing up a storm about what you think the problem is.
« Last Edit: 2003-08-21, 18:43 by Angst » Logged

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #29 on: 2003-08-21, 20:15 »

eehm dont wanna say anything but . iraq aint russia or brazil or any other big land. they should already have found the bombs .

Ithink there playing a doom3 mod over there

http://www.planetdoom.com/doom3/articles/d3mods.shtml

Weapons of Mass Destruction Mod
You and your team must infiltrate and search the other teams base for the Weapons of Mass Destruction that they have hidden there. These weapons that you find must then either destroy or return to your own base to use against your opponent. The weapons are so well hidden that you may actually never find them. It may seem like they don't even exist and maybe they don't! You can pick up power up items in your search that allow you more time to look for them.

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2003-08-21, 22:53 »

Again, I say they most likely HAVE found them, but can't risk telling the slack-wit's in the media. But I could be wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

If your entire operation requires secrecy, you can't go blabbing anything. Why don't people understand this?

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #31 on: 2003-08-22, 10:20 »

if it was a secret operation they also shouldn't have told that they where searching for nukes.
Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #32 on: 2003-08-22, 19:59 »

Bush is a head of Republican politics and USA, so he can't avoid being bashed by outside world.

Personally I like the list Footman wrote (plagiation or not, that's irrelevant right now), cause it's true .  Slipgate - Smile

Also, it's strange how  Reps forget their old friends when they can't benefit from them.

http://images.embarrassing.net/Rumsfeld-vs-Saddam.jpg

There has been WMDs in Iraq (not in such great quantities or qualities as *krhm* SOME *krhm* politicians have claimed). Now they are in Syria, or they have been destroyed.

This cannot be confirmed 100 %, cause US doesn't want UN weapon inspectors to search the country. US troops, however, will inevitably find WMDs in Iraq, cause they can plant the evidence there themselves Slipgate - Smile .

But.. Saddam is gone now. And nobody will miss him or his brutal regime.

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #33 on: 2003-08-22, 21:26 »

Saddam in exile doesnt mean he is gone for good.

He would be better off dead.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2003-08-23, 03:12 »

To the patient hunter falls the prey. Sipgate - Evil

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
uBeR

« Reply #35 on: 2003-08-25, 20:03 »

im confused on a few of those points and that list of top 11 things or something? how did bush cause the blackout? so maybe we should call the great depression: The Great Wilson Depression???
Just because something major event occurred during a president's term in office by no means is a direct result of their policies. I dont hear you saying the "Great Clinton 9/11" so blaming things such as the blackout on bush? sounds lame to me

ALso this concept that the president has a direct effect on the economy? I dont know where you took economics classes but Alan Greenspan has more control over the economy then the president does...also, perhaps the economy looks so bleak because after "Great Clinton 9/11" he handed off an economic situation that was on its way down anyways....or even the fact that the economy has been known to "cycle" through highs and lows through out history? you cant have the economy on the rise forever, everything has a balance...

what i find the funniest is all of the hypocritical points in this article:
1. your disgusted with the corporate corruption and then your complaining about the stock market going down? do you realize what the stock market is for and who it supports? yes those same corporations. if you truly think they are corrupt, then should you be happy that the stock market(essential every corporations backbone) is in a slump?

2. You complain about the "larget deficit in history" and "looting the U.S. Treasury". yet then you complain about the lack of federal funding for unemployed and other great social programs. Not sure, but last I checked these programs all cost money which would increase federal spending?

I cant figure out what you want the president to do? maybe its just me, but you want the best of all worlds...you cant have a great stock market and no corporations, you cant have all these federal funded programs without spending more money....

Lastly, What in the hell made you think its bush's fault for the so called energy crises?

if your talking about the electricity, it has nothing to do with bush....the reason there is a shortage of electricity in places like california is because they are retarded...im sorry for the childish name calling but thats the simple fact.....california has the strictest set of ecological laws in the US, which simply makes it way too expensive for power companies to build new power plants...if you research this, you'll find out california has had power issues long before bush and actually dates back to the 80's....if there truly were a power crises, then why doesnt the midwest have problems with power shortages? and this past weekend's glitch has nothing to do with a shortage

the reason gas prices are so high is because fools like you and me are demanding more, while the number of refineries in the US keep diminishing. simple matter of supply and demand. If the gas is too expensive then dont buy it, use your electric car or your fuel cell car. The national reservers are there in case there really was an oil crises, so we could still run our military for some period of time as part of the national defense....so they werent installed as some great federal program to keep cheap asses on the road, sorry....

and for your information i do work for a oil company, you may call me biased, but i'll know your just ignorant of the facts because i think i have a bit more information on the gasoline prices...

oh btw a few key thoughts about gasoline:
1. prices have gone up because the EPA makes oil refineries jump through a bunch of hoops every year. if you want more info research MTBE...great little process which those brainy californians came up with...it was an additive in gasoline which supposedly helped burn gasoline in cars better...so the EPA made every refinery add MTBE's to the gasoline(which costs about 10 mil per refinery) to only find out a few months later, oh yea MTBE gets into the water table and causes birth defects in babies...way to go EPA, industry is not the only ones to mess up, eco-geeks do their share too
2. The last refinery built in the US was in the late 70's, why havent more been built, espeically with how much gasoline costs? because it would be way too expensive to build to meet the EPA regulation standards today.
3. Look to have gasoline prices to keep going up, because EPA has issued more regulations by the year 2008, which is costing a fortune to make up...this means more smaller refineries are closing and the larger ones are going to increase prices because of costs of these projects....

Lastly:
before you start pissing and moaning about gasoline prices, have you ever taken a few minutes to figure out the costs of some comon household items at a per gallon price? i think this will put the costs way more into perspective. Things to look at are milk, bottled water, nyquil, soup, butter, orange juice....you will be hard pressed to find anything cheaper then gasoline on a per gallon basis...so before you piss and moan about gasoline get a grip on reality and start pissing and moaning about
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #36 on: 2003-08-25, 21:13 »

I like this uber person Slipgate - Laugh

Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #37 on: 2003-08-31, 06:59 »

OoB: Assamite was correct, I DONOT think Rich == EVIL. I believe that doing stupid things to becomes rich or make poor use of money == evil.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #38 on: 2003-09-01, 16:37 »

WE NEED A NEW TOPIC PLEASE!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: