2024-03-28, 11:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Generations Server!  (Read 15206 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2008-07-18, 20:17 »

Fourier has set up a brand new Generations .99f server.  I've added it to the servers page.  I gave the server a test run earlier today, and it's very smooth.  I ping about 40 to it and it felt like playing on a LAN connection.  Since my own connection is limited and I'm also running the test server, I would recommend using Fourier's server for US gameplay as opposed to my server.  I'll keep mine running if anyone's feeling masochistic.

I'm hoping we can get a nice game together Saturday.  There's a few bots on the server to keep you company in the mean time.  Server address is 208.43.82.152:27960 so what are you waiting for?  Go play!
  Slipgate - Cool

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2008-07-20, 09:04 »

For those who missed it, Xypher Orion, BigRob, Fourier and myself had a blast at Saturday night's game.  You also missed a chance to see Fourier thoroughly humiliate me on Q3DM17.  Phoenix likes to fly, but not at the end of a railgun!  I'll just blame Pappy-R's Cherubs for messing up my aim.  Doomed

If you haven't played Generations in a while, drop by next week!

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2008-07-20, 12:34 »

I think there should be writen with big letters to download mod first on server page and mayby what packs are needed minimally to join specific one, I was playng few moments ago, and 3 guys wanted to join but was getting disconnect imidietly.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #3 on: 2008-07-21, 00:14 »

I can try to fit it in the MOTD, but I don't think that will work.  A lot of the random join people don't even know how to download stuff or install mods, and won't be able to check the MOTD.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2008-07-21, 16:25 »

Aye, you have to have Generations installed for the MOTD to even show up.  Normal Q3 will never see it.  There's not much you can do about random people trying to join and getting booted for not having the mod.

fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #5 on: 2008-07-26, 20:33 »

Today is saturday and I'll be in the server tonight.  I've invited other people on the forums I frequent, but I'm not sure how many will come.  Anyway, if you feel like playing, drop by.  If we have enough we'll do some CTF.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #6 on: 2008-07-27, 03:31 »

Well, we had 4 people in the server, and a few games of CTF.  Hopefully more people will show up next time, though.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2008-07-27, 18:27 »

I'm sorry I couldn't make it.  I took quite ill yesterday and I'm just now getting over it.  Hopefully next time. Slipgate - Sad

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #8 on: 2008-07-29, 17:02 »

fourier, was that you under the handle of pyu... however it was spelled?  Pretty godly, lad!  Were it not for a few good rails of mine, I shudder to think of the greater score imbalance during those CTF games (BigRob and myself being soundly trashed).
Strangely devoid of players, though.  Hopefully this Saturday!

-Veritas-
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #9 on: 2008-07-30, 01:07 »

Yes, I go by puma (pyuuma is just a sort of joke, since it is the japanese pronunciation of puma -- something which happens when an english word is absorbed into informal japanese speech like lucky lucky = rakki rakki).

I'm used to the unlagged/lan feel, so playing in generations is a hit and miss type situation -- my ability to aim varies day to day and even game to game.  The slipgater is probably my weakest just because something doesn't seem right in the movement (it doesn't seem to accel in the same manner as qw).  It really depended on the random giving me doom, arena, or strogg (in that order probably, though I just played through q2 again and, as phoenix suspected, I would have to say he seems a little slower in generations) instead of earth or slipgate Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2008-07-30, 01:40 »

Part of the speed feel issue is if you're Strogg against a Doomguy he can feel really slow.  I do think there is a genuine physics issue in there as well since most movement is still Q3 physics with a lot of hacks, but the physics code was done early and needs a lot of reworking.  Most of this fourier knows but I mention it for the benefit of everyone else as well.

And yes, fourier is one hell of a tough player.  I can stand up to him in a slugfest on a regular map if I'm in top form, but don't let him be modest about his ability.  He's the best railgunner I've seen so far that wasn't a bot cheater, and for the record that is not a veiled accusation either.  I've seen his trickjump abilities as well, and that cannot be faked.  He's an extremely skilled Q3 player and quite a very good Gen player as well.
  Doom - Thumbs Up!

MarneGator

Cacodemon

« Reply #11 on: 2008-07-30, 19:52 »

It's been so long since I've played online quiet a bit so when I meet fellow players on the Gen servers, I've more than held my own... up to that last game that is!  Due to that lack of playing, it's been some time since I've been humbled so dearly.  I'd love to give a one-on-one a go  Slipgate - Wink   Just to see my pain threshold!
I wish I could get my friends to get back on the PC.  Lousy console converts.  Gen needs more online presence!

-Veritas-
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #12 on: 2008-07-30, 19:53 »

Meow Slipgate - Smile
Thanks
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #13 on: 2008-07-31, 06:57 »

Well id love to attend someday thought I am really rusty on playing gen these days Slipgate - Smile Prob is its quite hard for me to join the US games these days due to my work, sitting up to 4am is abit hard..but of course can still join the EU games if there still are any.
fourier

Hans Grosse

« Reply #14 on: 2008-11-21, 19:06 »

As a notice, ET servers (escapedturkey -- the host of my server) have been very laggy lately.  If it persists, I'm going to switch hosts soon.  If it seems to clear up, then I'll switch in december.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: