2024-03-28, 10:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: needing some help (generations mod -> q3)  (Read 4687 times)
msrx

Unnamed Player

« on: 2008-11-09, 19:47 »

First I've gotta say that I've never seen such a nice mod before, strangely it's somewhat unknown to most players (got it from a friend tho).
So I've been playing this mod with some friends recently and I really gotta admit that the skins (idea of qw,q2 ... stuff) are really well chosen (somewhat funny aswell Slipgate - Laugh). Well now the question. Currently I'm trying to get some models/skins/effects from generations working in the normal quake3, since the skins are quite impressive to me. Problem is I dont know how to start at all. I checked the pk3s n things but it seems quite complicated to me. Would be damn awesome if someone could help me with that stuff.
Anyway, keep up the great work (@staff) :>
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2008-11-10, 03:21 »

You can get the skins and models working in normal Q3 by copying the following files into your baseq3 folder:

zzz_skin_update_pack.pk3
tabun_qforcer_complete.pk3
tabun_q2guard.pk3

If you're missing any of these, check the downloads page on the main website.

You should be able to choose the models and skins in the Q3 menu.  Just be aware that if you play online with a server using the sv_pure 1 setting then these models and skins will not be available.  sv_pure 1 forces the client to use only .pk3 files in use by the server, which is an anti-cheat measure.  Unfortunately it also means custom skins and models don't work so long as the setting is invoked.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Visimar

Archvile

« Reply #2 on: 2008-11-10, 18:00 »

I think he might have been talking about the ones that came with the Generations Arena install, Pho. The differently-colored skins for Grunt and the headmodels for Doom, for example.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-10, 18:07 by Visimar » Logged
msrx

Unnamed Player

« Reply #3 on: 2008-11-10, 18:51 »

thanks for the replies, anyway to correct myself - I'm not really looking for the character models, rather the weapon skins / effects. I dont seem to be able to get them working in q3 properly without having any bugs in it Slipgate - Tongue (weapon models..)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2008-11-11, 03:50 »

The weapon models and their accompanying skins won't work in normal Q3 without repacking them and doing a lot of work.  They're really not meant to be used as replacements for the normal Q3 weapons, and even if repacked to work correctly, cannot function on a pure server.  In addition, in our next release they're going to have full animations, which can only function from within Generations.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: