2024-03-28, 20:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh my, do I have something for Controversy Corner. (Caution: Drink & doggy bag reccomended.)  (Read 13783 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #20 on: 2003-08-26, 18:30 »

Im with tab on this one....heh, its hard to tell, whats a lie or truth now...
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #21 on: 2003-08-26, 20:44 »

I'm not trying to put a conspiracy theory, I just wanted to point out that it's weird for a  11 year old to come up with an  idea like that and actualy manage to fool evrybody.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #22 on: 2003-08-27, 14:37 »

how is it you were all fooled for so long? i mean  did you not notice loof never seemed to have a monthly visitor?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #23 on: 2003-08-27, 15:06 »

Woods: I think the most convincing part was, that the whole thing went on for a couple of years. Since this sort of thing is usually a joke, people keep it up for at most a couple of months, if they're very bored and very foolhardy. And even then they are usually not serious about the virtual people they hang out with.
Sure, 'she' was weird and some things just didn't make sense, but who could still doubt someone that cybersexes with ppl (I didn't even know about it until I learnt about this confession) and always stays in character, after such a long period of time?

BTW: about the whole 'monthly' stuff, it did occur to me that 'her' behaviour varied at times - erratic mood swings, blaming everyone for anything etc etc - if that isn't feminine .. then I'm seriously in the dark Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-08-27, 15:13 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Renalicious

Team Member
Dopefish

« Reply #24 on: 2003-08-28, 19:40 »

Loof is 18. And honestly, I don't really care what or who he is. It happened, great, life goes on. At least he came clean, that deserves some credit. Not to mention the fact that he managed to have so many people fooled for so long heh Thumbs up!

The way I see it, he didn't do anything wrong to me, so I have no reason to feel any resentment other than being fooled. But hey, I wasn't the only one  Slipgate - Wink

-r
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #25 on: 2003-08-28, 23:20 »

no one deserves gredit for lying to people for a period of years. particuarly if they consider you a friend.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #26 on: 2003-08-28, 23:41 »

A practical joke is good on occasion, but this one was taken way too far... four years of social 'net development was trashed because of a lie he started at the beginning for attention. I don't care how old LooF is, nor do I truly believe anything he has to say anymore. All I hope is that he understands what he's done and wisely accepts his humiliation, not to mention finds it proper to change aliases. I sincerely hope that he is humbled and learns from his long-running (and thankfully ended) mistake.

LooF is dead to me, and I am very bitter about it now that I've absorbed the reality of the situation.
Renalicious

Team Member
Dopefish

« Reply #27 on: 2003-08-28, 23:41 »

If this was someone I knew in real life then yes, I  agree. But online is different, at least for me.  Unless I've known the person for a long time (like the Wirehead team), or actually met them in real life, there simply isn't enough of a personall connection most of the time for me to get angry at someone's lies or deception.

-r

Edit: And yes, it does suck that people have gotten hurt by this, and I hope that he does grow up and change his ways. But like I said, I'll at least give him credit for coming clean.
« Last Edit: 2003-08-28, 23:45 by Renalicious » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #28 on: 2003-08-29, 02:27 »

it dosent matter if you know a person in real life or just on the net basic  rules of decent  society still apply. lying to people about who you are is a vile detestable act  and as far as i know loof hasent done much to apoligise for it either.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #29 on: 2003-08-30, 14:47 »

Quote from: Tabun
...and always stays in character, after such a long period of time?
*cough cough*
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #30 on: 2003-09-19, 04:14 »

I have four comments to say about this...
1.) I don't know who the hell Loof is but now I know... or don't? o.O
2.) I generally don't like deception either but... at least (s)he did admit to some type of deception unless (s)he's just being deceptive again.
3.) For some reason my next door neighbor just threw a whole bunch of objects at my door.  I looked through the peep whole and didn't see anyone so I just assumed it was some people playing a prank but then I seen him picking up something and going back into his apartment.  (It should also be noted that I've only been living here for about a month, I've seen my neighbor once, he's somewhere around his late 40s, and whatever the hell he threw was large and made a loud bang noise.)  So I'd say I'm officially, slightly scared and also pissed as to why the hell he just threw a whole bunch of shit at my door.  :angry:
4.) I really should be doing one of the three 500-1000 word essays I have to do by Monday.  I already did one though Slipgate - Grin

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: