2024-04-20, 01:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum games still alive?  (Read 26619 times)
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #20 on: 2009-03-08, 04:09 »

Gah, Comcast is killing me! I have a slower than usual and a very unstable connection even outside of Q3.
I tried your server, Pho and I my was around 200 with interrupts.  Banging Head against Wall

I'm surprised Ashen had connection issues too, especially since we have different ISPs (and he is in Europe).
Well, I'll keep pushing them to do something about the connection and hope to see more of you next week.

Perhaps others will combat their shyness and join us.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2009-03-09, 12:11 »

My bad, I stood you guys up again. Not due to shyness though, I'm afraid -- I had unexpected visitors... (which was good, but not for getting back to Gen's..)

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #22 on: 2009-03-09, 19:06 »

Yeah had some things i had to do for my business so i kinda lost track of time and forgot to get online :S thought i'll try to be there next time (again)
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #23 on: 2009-03-10, 02:08 »

I was STUCK AT WORK!!!
Friggin manager called off sick so I got to fill in those hours. WOOP WOOP!

Let's plan for next Saturday, I'm off.

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #24 on: 2009-03-13, 22:17 »

Well dont know if i can make it this saturday either since im kinda having an birthday party and i suppose i need to entertain my guests, but who knows maybe gen is the perfect way of doing that! Slipgate - Tongue
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #25 on: 2009-03-14, 21:09 »

Well i'm up on euro, hope to see someone.  Doom - Thumbs Up!
Visimar

Archvile

« Reply #26 on: 2009-03-19, 18:15 »

Hopefully I'll be able to pop in next Saturday, as that's the day I'll be turning 21.
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #27 on: 2009-03-20, 03:44 »

Hopefully I'll be able to pop in next Saturday, as that's the day I'll be turning 21.

Werd up brotha!

tryhard

Unnamed Player

« Reply #28 on: 2009-10-27, 20:31 »

Hallo everyone!
I am very new to generations arena though i read about it before but a few days ago i found this map: http://www.lvlworld.com/#c=mSearch&i...d=20%20Oct%202009&m=All&p=review and it made me want to give it a try and i think it is great! - Both map and mod i mean Slipgate - Wink
Can't wait to get some online play against human players!
I hope Return to the Entryway is already added to the servers - did not check that yet by mapvoting.

Only "problem" i got with generations arena is that i have to writeprotect my config because if i don't the next time i start generations arena it loads a totally new config with the first time start up of q3 running. When i started it the first time it took the settings from my q3 config. Maybe there is some interference with other mods settings i got in my config (defrag,cpma,runequake).
Another thing is that i can't load nightmare bots when playing offline. I thought /addbot sarge[5] would do it for example and even if i chose nightmare bots in the server main menue they always are loaded hardcore.

To sum it up: Thanks to everyone who helped to develop this mod!  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

It's sad to see so many good mods are suffering a lack of players like http://www.worldofpadman.com/  - that's where my avatar comes from btw.

What i did like most is the option in generations arena to spawn as a differrent class everytime you get fragged - only played this against bots but it was a lot of fun.
sapiens

Unnamed Player

« Reply #29 on: 2010-02-20, 23:31 »

Hope to see u guys at saturdays, i will love to join the fun Doom - Thumbs Up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2010-02-22, 03:05 »

I didn't have a chance to try to join in last night.  Perhaps this coming Saturday?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #31 on: 2010-02-27, 04:42 »

Mayhaps I'll try to pop my head in, I'm stuck on Ubuntu right now until I can get me a copy of 7...accursed money! Hope I can get this runnin...

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #32 on: 2010-02-27, 04:50 »

I know Gen .99f works under Ubuntu.  I had been doing some testing with Kubuntu a while back, but I've not updated since Breezy Badger.  If you can get Quake 3 working, Gen should work too.  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #33 on: 2010-02-27, 06:56 »

I'll try to join if I can.. but my Saturdays are usually occupied until midnight-ish or later. No promises. Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #34 on: 2010-04-07, 07:55 »

After 5 years trying to convince someone, I finally made it, and (not so) forum games live on, randomly few times a week, on Euro, with 3 - 4 players so far.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #35 on: 2010-04-07, 16:48 »

I will have to attempt to participate in this Euro gaming that you speak of.  When do you usually play?

Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #36 on: 2010-04-07, 22:10 »

Well most of time it is not set date, but i'll try to gather them tomorrow around 20 euro time.
And will post here if some spontaneous gather occurs.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #37 on: 2010-04-09, 01:08 »

I may have to peek in and join the fray. Would be an interesting way to return to Generations, is jump into a game with a  few other players.
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #38 on: 2010-04-10, 01:25 »

Well if not set time that I'll try to post about, we usually play from around 20:00 to midnight sometimes, Polish timezone.
So if you are passing by check for spontaneous activity.

As we use to play AvP2, and I didn't managed to suck few people into Gen, at the pretext of relief from looking for aliens in the dark corners of celling, looking for predators shoulder canon indicator, or just desperate motion tracker, beeping.  Slipgate - Tongue

I can post some demos if you like too(and tell me when i could upload them), it really reminds like that 3-5 years later when we all used to play.  Doom - Exclamation
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #39 on: 2010-04-10, 14:31 »

Well a little misfire on timezone address: Polish timezone.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-10, 14:33 by Kingu » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: