2024-03-29, 03:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Return of the game-modes (yes, again..)  (Read 15900 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2003-08-28, 16:38 »

LMS could be fun with a set number of max lives per character, say 15 or 20 (or whatever the servers sets it to).
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2003-08-28, 18:16 »

RA  rockets all the way baby.
kill the man with the skull ( the guy himself cant fire a weapon )
1fctf
overload
harvester
 double domination
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #22 on: 2003-08-28, 18:29 »

Harvester was always fun... Though I'd much rather the skulls appear where the player is fragged (or automatically go to the killer) as oposed to generate in the middle of the map. Not only would that not require seperate maps, but I believe it'd make it more fun since it'd rid the game of the skull camping and stuff  *shrugs*
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2003-08-29, 01:06 »

hmm, a headhunter style game mode where you have to grab the heads of your victims to score might be fun, specially if they bounce and roll and take knockback from weapons Slipgate - Tongue

"Kill the carrier" might be fun, but what's he gonna have? One of the little green googly things from keen1? Or better yet, he'll be carrying a screaming, glowing LSoV.. That would work..

Capture and hold would ROCK, I remember that from 'ol Team Fortress for Quake Slipgate - Tongue

hmm, more ideas..

Countdown: Players start out fully loaded, and the closer they get to the fraglimit, the fewer weapons they have, until they've got to do it melee-style.

Single Flag CTF is an interesting thought, but the flag room normally gets camped.. unless you could set up a random spawn for the flag... hmm...  Sipgate - Evil

I don't know how this one would be done, but a mode where you receive say a random weapon every X seconds and maybe a random powerup every X seconds would be cool..

And I'd honestly love to see an objective-based attack/defend mode.. Like.. guh, what was that called in UT..? Assault? That would rock.. It'd require some new map entities, but it would rock Slipgate - Tongue.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2003-08-29, 03:11 »

"Catch the Vorticon" sounds like tons of fun (I know catch the chicken was, sure as hell) - would be very cool to model too - sadly it'd be fox-material..

Edit: my bad, I actually meant the yorps:
« Last Edit: 2003-08-29, 03:52 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2003-08-29, 03:45 »

But 'Catch the pointy-eared-alien-bunny-thing' wouldn't be foxxable Slipgate - Wink
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #26 on: 2003-08-29, 10:57 »

catch the almighty confusedus .
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2003-08-30, 01:29 »

foxable material there, I don't think a yoda model will fly Slipgate - Laugh.

But like I said, I think a glowing screaming LSoV would work..

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2003-08-30, 06:43 »

That seems a bit like the Serious Sam kamikaze.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #29 on: 2003-08-30, 17:49 »

it'd be amusing, specially if you had a team-based version where they've got to defend the guy carrying it Slipgate - Tongue

Or actually, that would be an interesting idea for a single-flag-ctf style game.. find and return.. and of course it'll be obvious who's got the item that's getting returned to base for a score.. Slipgate - Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: