2024-03-29, 11:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: VICTORY!  (Read 15227 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2010-01-21, 17:17 »

Their speed is about like that of a Q2 rocket, and the refire rate on the rocket launcher feels close.  I use the rockets at close range just like I would in Q2, and I usually blow up Scouts that are trying to double-jump dodge me.

The Direct Hit is fun, but there's a lot of whining about it going on right now on the Steam forums, saying that it's overpowered and needs to be nerfed.  That seems to be the number one thing to do on those forums is whine about new items.  Personally I like the Direct Hit myself since it's more challenging to hit someone dead on with a rocket than to just splash them.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #21 on: 2010-01-22, 00:24 »

I can somewhat see what people are saying when they say it is overpowered.. but it's all relative to the current situation. Frankly, I think the weapon is fine now that it doesn't mini-crit an airborn opponent unless he was tossed in the air due to an explosion. I prefer the default launcher myself, not because I suck with the DH, but because I like abusing the bigger splash radius.

That's not saying I still don't despise the gun, being the Heavy that I am, but it's certainly not as overpowered as I thought it would be when I first heard it was being released. Now the Targe.. that thing should have never even been thought up.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2010-01-22, 17:03 »

The only thing I dislike about the Targe is the insane amount of explosive resistance it offers.  Sure, Soldier won the war, but going head to head with a Targelander means you usually lose your head as a Soldier.  As a Heavy or Pyro I have no trouble dealing with them.  Minigun > Targelander, and airblast + flame + axestinguisher > Targelander.  As a Soldier I have to use the shotgun or try to sidestep the charge and hope for a lucky melee hit.

Now when playing Engineer I absolutely love Targelanders on the enemy team.  I think you can understand why.
Slipgate - Wink

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #23 on: 2010-01-23, 01:40 »

It's not even that I think the weapon is overpowered, which I still think it needs some tweaking in that area, but my dislike is more that it moves drastically away from what the DemoMan is. Yea, it fits in with his nationality.. but it effectively takes away the 'demolitions expert', turning him into a berzerker instead.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2010-01-23, 02:30 »

I agree with that.  The Scottish Resistance fits better with his MO, but nobody uses it.  I don't have it so I've never tried it myself.

Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2010-01-23, 19:30 »

MMMMMHMMHMMHMMM!! *fire* *axe* *axe* *axe* *taunt*  Sipgate - Evil

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Visimar

Archvile

« Reply #26 on: 2010-02-28, 02:42 »

Another shameless bump, but I finally got Team Fortress 2. Now I can finally see for myself what all the fuss is about. Slipgate - Laugh
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: