2024-03-19, 06:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations arena wishlist  (Read 91892 times)
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #40 on: 2011-08-28, 20:27 »

Slipgate - Confused yeah........*slowly walks away*

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #41 on: 2011-09-07, 03:01 »

Complete(ish) wishlist:
So after being a member of generations for small while now,i think i'm ready for a wishlist,so lets begin

1.maps:A remake of Q1DM6 should be done,i know there is one but it's not too good because its not 99% true to the original.A final showdown map should be made for 2v2 deathmatch (just split the ctf version in half).
2.items:Not much here,though the strogg armors are not as cool as the originals
3.models.Remaking the old quake 2 models (not really as grunt skins) would real awesome.
4.game modes: a ffa clan arena would be awesomeeee,some kind of monster hunt mode could be epic,and team  elimanation(without the full arsenal and ammo+health)and some u.t assault mode,it be cool
  4.5:campaign mode-ok here we go, bundle 32 maps (2 secret) into 4 episodes (1.E.S,2.Doom,3.Slipgate,4.Strogg)you could have people vote for their favorite maps per episode.it could also be played with 1-7 other people for co-op;also at the the beginning you can choose your favorite generation of all to play as. Oh and at the of some episodes you could returned to a Q1 style hub entrances Doom - Thumbs Up!

How about a modified ut assault that won't be exact or over the top limits but feel some reminiscence of it, there'll be 2 teams one defending the base and the other assaulting. Instead of destroying an object it could be a flag that would be captured somewhere in the base or back to the spawn point.

Here's another simpler gametype tactical dm or ctf.
It could take place in big maps with lots of players. two teams would normally spawn with a twist, your team has limited lives,(if a player dies they will lose a life and has to use another)and will have to eliminate the other teams lives until they lose,ammo will be limited and health is scarce.
For this it would be freakin' awesome if you could jump out of airplanes for an attacking/reinforcements team and also classes within classes(a strogg trooper assault guy,he would have some grenades and a mg,or an earth soldier demolition guy would have mortar and grenades)i dont know i keep coming up with cool ideas so... yeah    Doomed Slipgate - Tongue Slipgate - Cool

One last gamemode is melee mayhem, players are stripped from their machineguns and boomsticks and forced to use melee weapons. To add realism adrenaline pumps in so they'll move faster and stab faster, adding to the fun random powersups are given to random players that could help or hurt them; could be turned into tag mode.(for stroggs give em the ground zero chainsaw if possible.) Doom - Thumbs Up!

Monster Hunt/Resurgence inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cUD55v6CCQ&feature=related
Tactical Dm inspiration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvgxB7HlyY&feature=related

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #42 on: 2012-03-21, 20:15 »

3.models.Remaking the old quake 2 models (not really as grunt skins) would real awesome.
Speaking of which, I like the female Q2 skins which were eventually released in the Gen model pack. Any chance of a male counterpart to this set making it to a future version? There is a Nightops already floating around the net.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #43 on: 2012-03-21, 21:14 »

That's a possibility.  I know LeeMon had thrown together some classic skins a while back.  I'll have to see if I can locate them.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #44 on: 2012-03-22, 20:06 »

My wishlist? I'll try not to throw anything up that's completely out of the realm of possibility. At the same time, I do realize that some (most?) of these suggestions probably have no place in Generations. Slipgate - Tongue

• Cyber Demon player model for the Doom class.
  • Female Slipgater, like Jaeger?
  • Grenades that are effected by different gravity settings. I want me some Ziggurat Vertigo!
  • Similarly, grenades that shoot different in water. I imagine them as being kind of "floating" underwater, almost akin to a lower gravity setting.
  • Grenades that are effected by jump pads.
  • Projectiles that travel through portals as a player would? Rockets and such, not hit-scan stuff.
  • DM Flag for a "vampire mode" where injuring another player adds to your health.
  • DM Flag for "exploding ammo", making ammo boxes explode after receiving so much damage. This could be just a regular 'ole explosion, or perhaps an explosion themed after the individual ammo types.
  • Arena lightning gun that discharges underwater. It's just weird not having it now that it's in the same match as the Shaft.
  • Newer lightning effect enabled for the Arena LG... It was introduced in one of the later Id patches, along with new plasma and rocket trails. I think it looks a lot better than the original lightning effect.
  • Newer plasma trails could be thrown in for Arena as well, though I don't think they make as big of a visual difference as the lightning.

And of course I want a full 1.0 release, with a Generations-themed singleplayer ladder to climb up through... oh, and Resurgence! Let's also throw in a "Blast Arena" gametype, as well as an "Elimination" type. Slipgate - Love
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #45 on: 2012-03-22, 20:27 »

That's a possibility.  I know LeeMon had thrown together some classic skins a while back.  I'll have to see if I can locate them.
Awesome, thanks Pho!

• Cyber Demon player model for the Doom class.
While making an entirely new Cyberdemon model would be a lot of work, and impractical gameplay-wise due to its large size not aligning with the standard hitboxes, it occurs to me that a Hell Baron or min-Cyberdemon skin for Klesk in the vein of Tab's Death Knight skin would be a sensible compromise.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #46 on: 2012-03-23, 04:11 »

I don't think the Cyberdemon would pose any real logistical problems. You would simply scale it down to the size of a fairly average player. The Baron of Hell would be less apt since it doesn't have a built-in weapon... it would have to rather oddly hold guns.

Now if Klesk is going to get any kind of Doom themed skin, it had better be an Imp. Doom - Thumbs Up!
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #47 on: 2012-03-23, 22:04 »

Uuum, wouldn't holding the guns in his hand like 99% of the other playable characters make him fit in more?

Also, how would you make an Imp skin for Klesk when Imps don't have horns on their heads? Also, there's already an Imp model for Q3.

Just sayin'.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #48 on: 2012-03-24, 02:13 »

I'd be all for a Chaingun Zombie model.. ..or skin. Just a shame that the best skinnable option for such (Biker) is an Earth soldier.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #49 on: 2012-03-24, 17:43 »

I merely meant that it would look more natural to have an armed Cyberdemon. Also, I think that the Cyberdemon is far more interesting to look at. To me, the Baron (and Hell Knight) always looked like a pretty generic demon. Of course, given their similar shape, it doesn't seem too far fetched that one would lead to the easier creation of the other. The Cyberdemon has a few extra pieces, so I don't think you could merely skin it to and from the Baron. Though perhaps you could used the "cleaner" outlines of the Baron/HellKnight as a base for a more intricate Cyberdemon model? Just thinking, of course.

Yes, there is already a very fine looking Imp model available for Q3. There is also a similarly finished Arachnotron and Revenant for that matter. There are also a couple of very high quality Strogg player models out there as well. If I recall, there is the Gladiator and the Iron Maiden. Of course, the problem with using any these is that Wirehead would first have to get permission from the original authors to modify them. Then depending upon how they were originally built, modifying them for the new animations system may not be the easiest task in the world.

I don't necessarily want Klesk to become an Imp, but I assumed that was the original intent given his assigned generation. Still, I think a serviceable skin could be possible. If you're really worried about the spikes, just keep in mind that they could be given a transparency with a new skin. You wouldn't even know they existed.

On the issue of skins... it wouldn't be too hard to make a "Grunt" enemy skin for Ranger. Slipgate - Wink

Again though, this is just flight-of-fantasy, "wishlist" material. It never hurts to toss ideas around, but I wouldn't count on any of them being used. Especially not when getting all of the vanilla Q3 models working is of a higher priority. I do miss being able to use Tabun's Enforcer and Guard models, too. Hehe.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-24, 18:13 by ~Va^^pyrA~ » Logged
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #50 on: 2012-03-29, 03:05 »

My sole wish for Gen is a tier-based single-player campaign. 5 tiers - one for each class - plus a final tier which brings them all together before you go off to fight Xaero. Possibly throw in botfiles for the extra skins so the same characters aren't repeated too often. This way, the first match could be against Id, tying in nicely with the Gen backstory (see what I did there?).

Also perhaps anim2.cfg files for Pi and Fritzkrieg as a seperate download, maybe?

BTW there already is a Ranger Grunt skin (see attached). There is a Cyberdemon model for Q3, but it's not great.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-29, 03:17 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #51 on: 2012-03-29, 20:40 »

I kinda doubt many have played the PS2 vesrion of Quake 3 but I wouldn't mind seeing bits of that implemented into single player Generations.

Namely the final "boss" fight where If I remember right you had to fight a few other opponents in different small arenas before teleporting to the final arena that had one of the vadrigar you had to kill...

Again that's if I'm remembering correctly...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #52 on: 2012-03-30, 00:56 »

I've never played Q3 Revolution on the PS2, but wasn't the Vadrigar just a re-skinned Klesk?
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #53 on: 2012-04-03, 01:26 »

Maybe all the monsters should be a separate class. It would be a DM mode were it's the monsters of the id games vs. the 5 standard generations. The objective for the monster team is to achieve as many points(obviously) and along the way the monsters could be upgraded if enough points are achieved.

• 0 Points: Light Guard: Fairly weak but fast and carries high quantities of ammo, capable of carrying multiple weapons.
        Upgrade: 4 Points, turns into QEnforcer: Sturdy goon with decent fire power.
  • 8 Points: Imp: Well rounded average monster, can be deadly if gathered in groups.
        Upgrade: 12 Points, turns into Superior Imp: An enraged Imp capable of spawning Lost Souls.
  • 16 Points: Iron Maiden: Powerful with rockets but very vulnerable.
        Upgrade: 20 Points, turns into Ogre, slow moving tank.
  • 24 Points: Mutant: A fast and devastating foe with weaknesses.
        Upgrade: 28 Points Fiend: Fastest monster out there, can give a real thrill.
  • 32 Points: HellKnight, an all-around foe, very powerful.
        Upgrade: 36 Points Baron of Hell: A near unstoppable spawn of hell.
  • 40 Points: Shambler, rocket consuming electric abomination.
        Upgrade: 50 Points: Cyberdemon: Nightmare.

That would be awesome, but being realistic, it'll take ages to model and animate, most will end up being skins. Could be used as an Invasion type mode from UT2004.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #54 on: 2012-04-04, 18:28 »

That would be pretty neat, actually. Probably way beyond the scope of the mod, but neat nonetheless. There was a "Life Cycle" mode in the Alien vs Predator game that this reminds me of. You'd start out as a facehugger, impregnate another player to become a chestburster, eat to become a drone, then mutant into more specialized castes until you eventually became the Queen herself. Of course, you could become a Predalien as well, but they weren't as easy to catch as humans were while a facehugger.

How about I make a simpler request? The ability to color Doom's outfits via the rail colors, similar to have Ranger's skin is currently setup. It seems like that would be a far more elegant system than simply having a bunch of Doom reskins to select from. Actually, it would be nice to be able to assign custom colors independent of class. Maybe I want my Strogg rail to be a different color than my Arena rail, for example? Of course, that may not be feasible for all I know. Slipgate - Wink
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #55 on: 2012-04-06, 23:55 »

Colors can be assigned to classes via their own config, that hold weapon key bindings.
I did classic selection of crosshairs that way too.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

color1
color2
cg_drawcrosshair

Using "color2 0" can even make doom plasma "classic default" color, with saving difference for anyone else selections.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-06, 23:58 by Kingu » Logged
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #56 on: 2012-04-07, 17:46 »

Hm, a good idea Kingu. I could only manage to either turn the colors on or off through the class configs though. Slipgate - Distraught

I'm curious though, what do you mean by classic crosshairs?
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #57 on: 2012-04-07, 23:10 »

I take default crosshair from original and set closest available crosshair from available in q3, or take some imagination if there was no in original game.

Slipgate/quake 1 it was actually add sing/letter +, cg_drawcrosshair 1
Strogg/quake 2 it was similar but without center piece, cg_drawcrosshair 2
Quake 3 empty circle with dot inside, cg_drawcrosshair 4
Doom had none but you need some indicator for long chaingun sniping so i took dot, cg_drawcrosshair 5
Earth also had none, but his main weapons are gatlings he needs rough indicator of bullet spread so i use filled circle with dot, and surprisingly it matches with it more or less, cg_drawcrosshair 3

And some original sound taken from my collection of above games, with some twists like q2 railgun being makrons railgun, and single gatling taken from team arenas gatling.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-07, 23:12 by Kingu » Logged
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #58 on: 2012-04-08, 17:23 »

I like it! I'm going to play with my crosshairs set up like that for a while. Seems fun so far. Slipgate - Smile
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #59 on: 2012-04-10, 02:33 »

I've never played Q3 Revolution on the PS2, but wasn't the Vadrigar just a re-skinned Klesk?

Far from it.

TBH I'd love to see the PS2-only maps redone for Q3. That final map in particular ("Final Resting Place") would make a great duel map with some item optimization.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: