2024-03-19, 08:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Zandronum  (Read 6823 times)
FistMarine

« on: 2012-06-06, 17:59 »

According to ZDoom Wikia:
Zandronum is an open-source multiplayer source port forked off from the most recent development of the source port Skulltag. Created by the former Skulltag development team, they forked off into their own port due to conflicts with Skulltag's creator. Because it is based on Skulltag, Zandronum is also based on ZDoom and on the GZDoom renderer.

I found this a few days ago when I found Skulltag site was down for some reason. I found that there were conflicts (again) between the admin and developers, so the former developers wanted to create a new open source port (much more like (G)ZDoom) without having the new weapons, monsters and items (minigun, bfg10k, blood demon, etc). Post your thoughts here.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #1 on: 2012-06-06, 20:40 »

I'm all for new Doom source ports. Whether it stops the shitfights is another question.

That said, plans are to eventually bring it up to par with ZDoom's current featureset, and that is precisiely what the community needs - a current ZDoom-derivative that is focused on multiplayer. I'm on the boards already.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
FistMarine

« Reply #2 on: 2012-06-07, 15:27 »

I agree, Skulltag was a bit too outdated because was based off ZDoom 2.3.0 but Zandronum will catch the newer ZDoom versions. Doom - Thumbs Up!
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-26, 02:21 »

Some great news over at Zandronum, the first stable release is now available.
For some more info and dl's check it out Here

FistMarine

« Reply #4 on: 2012-09-11, 12:43 »

Sorry for inactivity I have been banned because I couldn't keep my mouth shut. Banging Head against Wall
Anyway I'm happy for Zandronum 1.0 released, I played on some servers and it's much much better than Skulltag, it's less laggy. But I hate how some people don't want to get Zandronum because they want Skulltag back, now nothing can be done to get skulltag back because it's dead. Slipgate - Surprised
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: