2024-03-19, 11:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 5 Wishlist  (Read 72555 times)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #80 on: 2012-04-03, 05:41 »

Knowing all this, look at the following screens and tell me again that a game adapting such a look would consitute a total betrayal of what Quake is all about:
Ok.. it probably wouldn't be a 'total' betrayal, but I would still feel betrayed.
Who knows, though.. I'd be going into it with the absolute worst expectations, but what's saying I wouldn't come out liking it? It's hard to say, really. I'd have to play the demo.

...As for BioShock... System Shock 2 did it better. But, that's just personal opinion on my part.

Now, going back to wishlist mode, I want the runes to actually do something beyond just be items to get at the end of a level.  I want them to imbue the player with some powers.  It could be kill-based, or time based, or something.  I keep thinking of how the Thule medallion in Wolfenstein 2009 gave the player abilities.
Never played Wolfenstein 2009, but I can certainly agree with having the runes actually do something. It's a bit strange that these powerful and magical runes are pretty much just stone shapes that you carry around if your pocket.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-03, 05:46 by Thomas Mink » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #81 on: 2012-04-03, 23:13 »

Now, going back to wishlist mode, I want the runes to actually do something beyond just be items to get at the end of a level.  I want them to imbue the player with some powers.  It could be kill-based, or time based, or something.  I keep thinking of how the Thule medallion in Wolfenstein 2009 gave the player abilities.  I think the runes should work along their names, say, the rune of earth magic would let you turn enemies to stone, or use the environment to some effect.  Black magic could let you possess enemies and have them fight along side you for a while, or Hell magic could make your weapons scorching hot (lava nails, anyone?).  Somehow tie these runes in with the game so you can inflict more pain on the bad guys.
I'd definitely like to see time powers; Reverse, Slow, and Pause time. Maybe Ethereal (you become see-through and can't be hit by for some time) power ups in low health situations. Necromancer powerups for spawning weak allies to help you out in combat; that would change up combat techniques, making gameplay feel a little more fresh.

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #82 on: 2012-08-01, 05:37 »

I didn't even play Q4.., really I want something that reminds me of 1 & 2, no dumbing down. I do understand change is going happen, so be it. A good story would be very much enjoyed.
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #83 on: 2012-08-02, 17:15 »

I didn't even play Q4.., really I want something that reminds me of 1 & 2, no dumbing down. I do understand change is going happen, so be it. A good story would be very much enjoyed.
It should be true to the core, with it bring in some variety.

NovAReapeR

Shambler

« Reply #84 on: 2013-01-11, 01:11 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2OcR_0zCug
If quake 5 looked like this but with more curved surfaces I'd be satisfied  Slipgate - Love
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #85 on: 2013-01-14, 15:33 »

I kind of like Q4 myself. Although I grabbed a few mods that made it sound like Q2 though (sound and music that is) I just reinstalled it recently too. As for slow mo and rewind and stuff. Not me... I really wish they'd bring it (as in all FPS games) back to run and gun. I mean find a key for a said door and shoot all behind it. Then do it again to get to the next door. Most of the FPS games coming out now seem too much like the shepard leading the flock to the fields. Too much direction and not enough actual action. Q4 seemed a bit to linear for me but it was still Quake. I liked the story line but it wasn't the same. But I played it regardless and liked it. Mostly because the name and I remembered the games before it.

J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #86 on: 2013-01-15, 01:58 »

Oddly, when I replayed Quake 4 again, it felt fresh. I liked it's run n' gun action, its quick pace of levels, it just felt new. I guess this game is good in its own right, although I've probably been degraded by modern games.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: