2024-03-28, 18:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome Q2 Berserker Art  (Read 7092 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2013-06-30, 09:29 »

This is more in line with what Q4 should have looked like.  Full size pic linked below:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vN00a4LfnU4/TC...dn5o/s1600/sonobeno_quake2_berserker.jpg

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #1 on: 2013-06-30, 15:50 »

I like it! Quake 4 wasn't a bad game, but it did feel largely generic. The homogenized art style certainly wasn't helping. I realize that they were trying to reimagine everything like had been done with Doom 3, but it wasn't necessary. Doom needed it for the more modern atmosphere, and it largely worked. Quake 4 didn't, as Quake 2 already fit that aesthetic pretty well.

I really wish we could have seen a sequel to Quake 1 instead. The Doom 3 engine would have been perfect for that king of world.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-01, 00:22 »

I really wish we could have seen a sequel to Quake 1 instead. The Doom 3 engine would have been perfect for that king of world.

Indeed.  Why Id never went there is beyond me.  Fighting against Lovecraftian horrors with heavy weapons in a dark and gloomy atmosphere?  Nobody else is doing that, or has done that, since Quake 1, and all the old Quake fans would have snapped it up.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kingu

Archvile

« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-06, 10:50 »

Romero left after q1 as I remember, so there is no one to design weird things and ideas. That is probably why.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: