2024-03-29, 13:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Generations Arena Videos  (Read 38418 times)
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« on: 2013-07-25, 14:25 »

Hello GenArena fans!  It's been a little while since I've posted here...

Anyway, I've been running a little YouTube gaming channel for the last 10 months or so.  I noticed there aren't very many videos about Generations Arena on YouTube, so I figured I'd add to the mix.  Specifically, I thought it would be useful to make a 5-part video series showcasing what each of the 5 factions Generations Arena has to offer.

Below is a link to my first video in the series, showcasing the Doom Warriors class  Doom - Thumbs Up!

http://youtu.be/9jBjUqe1yXQ

-JL
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-25, 18:20 »

Very nifty video!  I love that bit about the Earth Soldiers' gatling gun.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

I like that you demonstrated the class on maps without heavy armor.  This shows off Doom's weak point - that lack of armor strength.  At 200/200, All classes are equally tough, but when stuck with Green armor it's hard for that Doomguy to stay alive.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-25, 18:26 »

Glad to hear you liked it!  I'll be putting up the rest of the episodes over the next few weeks.  I'll cover Slipgate next  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

-JL
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-30, 01:53 »

That vid makes me miss the good old days of weekly games...
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-31, 13:42 »

That vid makes me miss the good old days of weekly games...
Good times, those...
I wouldn't be able to make them these days anyway, depending. :/

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #5 on: 2013-08-01, 02:01 »

I would offer to try setting those up again, but I wouldn't be able to participate either. I don't even have vanilla Q3A on my gaming rig at this point because I can't find my @#$%ing disc.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2013-08-01, 15:34 »

The next video in my little Generations Arena series is now live, this time showcasing the Slipgate class  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

Check it out here:  http://youtu.be/4wKCk3ULYfY

-JL
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2013-08-01, 18:42 »

Nice to see some more action!  I had a difficult time learning how to play the Slipgate class, so don't feel bad.

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #8 on: 2013-08-02, 02:49 »

You've now shown off the best class. No need to continue, sir. Slipgate - Wink

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
J3E125

Spider Mastermind

In cunning 480p!

« Reply #9 on: 2013-08-02, 03:54 »

You must now show off the best class, the Strogg Troopers. After that, there will be no need to continue, sir. ;)

Fix'd. :P

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #10 on: 2013-08-02, 14:37 »

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of your rocket launcher being so awful. Doomed

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #11 on: 2013-08-02, 18:39 »

*waves from across the map*

Sorry, could you say that a little louder?  I can't hear you over the sound of my railgun's hum!

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #12 on: 2013-08-02, 23:26 »

You cannot fight what you cannot see. Slipgate - Ninja

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2013-08-03, 04:56 »

There's no need to fight if we're on the same team.  Doom - Thumbs Up!

Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #14 on: 2013-08-05, 14:18 »

I'm delighted to see that the old rivalries (Quake vs. Quake 2) are still alive and well!    Slipgate - Ownage  Firing the BFG

Strogg Troopers are up next - the vid should be live on Thursday.

-JL
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #15 on: 2013-08-05, 23:23 »

The original Quake will forever be the greatest FPS of all time in my eyes, for numerous reasons, and my class preference reflects that. Though I was starting to get pretty decent with Earth back before my internet connection starting saying "no" and then work got in the way... Slipgate - Sad

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2013-08-05, 23:45 »

I must disagree with Makou.  Doom will always be my favorite, with Quake 2 a close second.  I never did like Quake 1 in the beginning, but it has grown on me since source ports have been released with model interpolation and my work on Gen has given me a better appreciation of the game.  I'd rather play Quake 1 than many so-called modern shooters.  I've even gotten to be pretty decent with the Slipgate class as time has progressed, but then, testing every class over and over does tend to bring a certain familiarity.  I'll never be a master at Quakeworld or a Q3 trick jumper though.  Rocket Arena 2 for Quake 2 was where my best gaming moments were.  200+ ping on crappy dialup against 70 ping railgunners.  They learned to respect my grenade launcher.

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #17 on: 2013-08-06, 00:35 »

The best part of this debate is really, none of us can be wrong. Slipgate - Thumbs up!

I must admit, Quake 2 was a blast online for me when it was new... even if I was averaging 300+ ping and running the game at about 11FPS. The group I played with at the time would laugh on IRC about "LtYogi and his lucky-ass railgun" since the game would pause for 3 seconds any time I fired it, and I still managed to get kills with the stupid thing.

But with the exception of a BFG10k rampage one night, I was awful at Q2, even on a machine that was actually capable of running it properly.

And yes, my old handle was that of a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character, largely inspired by that of the guy who got me into playing games online whose handle was "CaptGumby." I've never claimed to be creative, and I was 13 at the time (lol). He's probably my oldest online friend, both in terms of how long I've known him and his actual age, and I feel lucky that I'm still in contact with him.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #18 on: 2013-08-06, 15:45 »

I'll have to side with Makou. Of course, I never really played vanilla Quake all that much.. but I did thoroughly enjoy the single player mode multiple times. However, I played the original TF mod for Q1 competitively for 5-ish years before it finally died out. Heck, I pretty much missed Q2 entirely because of TF.. not that it mattered all that much.
I played the Q2 demo, or shareware, or whatever it was, and wasn't all that impressed. The lighting looked off-ish and I wasn't all that big of a fan of the biomech thing going on for the enemies. However, it grew on me over the years.. much as Q1 did for Pho. The one thing about the game that I always did like though, was the chaingun. I remember that I even took the spinup and spindown sounds from the Q2 chaingun and put them into a .pak or something to replace the absolutely horrid default sounds that the original TF HWGuy had (which was also my primary class, so I heard them a LOT).
« Last Edit: 2013-08-06, 15:48 by Thomas Mink » Logged

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #19 on: 2013-08-06, 19:38 »

The best part of this debate is really, none of us can be wrong. Slipgate - Thumbs up!

Aye, that's the beauty of it, and of Gen.  It's all our favorites, even if not all of them are our personal favorite, wrapped up in one big fragfest.  Doom - Love

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: