2024-03-28, 11:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake 3 Revolution Player skins  (Read 40860 times)
Matsilagi

« on: 2015-10-17, 03:10 »

So, i have grabbed a copy of it for PCSX2 and started playing, and by combining this + Texmod, i can rip all the skins for it.

HOWEVER, doing the game is a tiring proccess, so if you have time and want to help, i need YOU to help me

What you must do:
1 - Grab the game (either by legit or other means)
2 - Play trough the campaign with all characters but Doom
3 - Leave 1 slot for each skin (One save slot with Tier 2, other with 3, until you come to 5)
4 - Send me the emulator memcard file (or a save state)
Rest i will do myself, i currently have only Doom ported.

If you find any codebreaker saves for it, please post aswell, so hopefully those skins can be used on Vanilla Q3 or Gen Arena.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #1 on: 2015-10-29, 01:35 »

Nice, a reason to dig out Q3R again. Is an EU version save file okay?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #2 on: 2015-11-01, 23:17 »

Definitely keeping an eye on this. The few screenshots I found show some fairly interesting character variants, really.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #3 on: 2015-11-03, 17:27 »

I'm almost through with Daemia. Just one more tier to go.

Setting up PCSX2 was kind of tricky. You also seem to have to get a pnach to skip the game's opening cinematic, lest it lock up. Playing with my USB gamepad is also kind of a dredge compared to the mouse and keyboard. Slipgate - Tongue

Have you actually gotten any of the skins running in Q3A as of yet?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2015-11-03, 21:13 »

I haven't had a chance to set it up yet, I...

Wait, did you say gamepad?  You mean you cannot use a keyboard and mouse?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: 2015-11-03, 23:38 »

It looks like you could probably set up the mouse, but it automagically recognized my gamepad. I figure I'd get the real Playstation experience that way. Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2015-11-04, 00:35 »

Yeah, I really need to use a mouse/keyboard input.  I do not have a game controller.  I'm not really built right to use those things...  Slipgate - Surprised

leilei

Spectre

OA lead

« Reply #7 on: 2015-11-04, 01:15 »

I actually whipped through this game on a DS3 last year after making a patch to get Q3R working in PCSX2... I defeated the copypastekleskhack known as Vadrigar

.... as Doom Slipgate - Sad

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #8 on: 2015-11-04, 01:16 »

Forcing a mouse control upon a game designed for a joypad can be a bit of a faff. I once did this with the Dreamcast version many moons ago (yes, I know it has native support, but mouse pointer). It does work, sort of, but don't expect the same level of control as a real mouse.

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #9 on: 2015-11-04, 01:42 »

I actually whipped through this game on a DS3 last year after making a patch to get Q3R working in PCSX2.

I didn't even realize it, but it's YOUR patch that I'm using! I found it while searching around. Thanks for that! Slipgate - Laugh
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2015-11-04, 17:53 »

Oh hell, I just realized that's the same patch I downloaded a week or so ago.  I wondered why leilei's name looked familiar!  I really need to get more sleep!  Slipgate - WTF

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #11 on: 2015-11-04, 19:08 »

Finished the campaign with Daemia! How do you want these, Matsilagi? I have each tier in a separate save slot in-game, so do you just want the "Mcd001.ps2" memory card file itself? Doom - Huh?

On another note, the campaign was actually pretty nice. It had a good variety of gamemodes to keep the entire thing fresh. The leveling aspect never really felt like it added much, though I did kind of like the tangible rewards for things like Humiliation, Impressive, etc. The final, hidden Dungeon Keeper level got a laugh out of me, too! Doom - Thumbs Up!

I actually kind of liked the Vadrigar, even. He does come off as Klesk-esque visually, but it was nice that his level had a bit of a puzzle element to it. Very old-school in that regard. It got me thinking, too (uh-oh, right?). Eventually, once Generations has singleplayer tiers set up, it'd be neat to similarly face the Vadrigar himself... except in Gen he'd have a cross-selection of every class' best weapon, ie; Doom's double-barrel, Slippy's rocket, Strogg's rail, etc. I guess from a coding perspective, he'd be a one-off class in himself. Don't know how feasible that'd be, but it'd sure make for a memorable boss. Doom - Love
leilei

Spectre

OA lead

« Reply #12 on: 2015-11-05, 00:34 »

My motivation for doing the patch was more for renderer study. Slipgate - Tongue
It has a different environment map calc function which shows on all the weapons, seems to reflect from a certain point in the world space.  Also the dynamic lights are darker, higher resolution (128x128x4 iirc) and additive, similar to what GenA were doing in their early engine changes, and they ditched a lot of the fog. Almost all textures are paletted. There are no MD3 players, it's all a new SKL format, obviously skeleton based - which is great for the memory savings and the PS2's vector processing power keeping the game running 60fps smooth. The loading times still suck though

Curiously it also had Hor+ widescreen support, which was rarely implemented in id tech 3 until some Call of Duty sequel.

One map, Asylum, comes from the EADM pack done by 007 The World Is Not EnoughAgent Under Fire team.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-05, 00:48 by leilei » Logged

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #13 on: 2015-11-05, 03:37 »

I don't know that I've seen that EADM pack before. Definitely looks worthwhile for the space-floater fans amongst us. Perhaps more interesting for those on the Generations forum though, is the apparent presence of "Stomping Arena", a remake of DM5 from Q2: Reckoning. Slipgate - Smile
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #14 on: 2015-11-09, 21:59 »

Looking to help out here. Vampyra, what have you left to do?

~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #15 on: 2015-11-10, 02:19 »

I've only gone through it with Daemia so far, and Matsilagi mentioned that Doom was also complete.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #16 on: 2015-11-10, 11:41 »

Great, I'll get started on Sarge then. Just gonna burn through the campaign on Bring It On so I can get through it quickly. Those Elimination matches can be a bit of a headache Slipgate - Tongue

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #17 on: 2015-11-10, 22:41 »

Well I'm having trouble getting this to work.  I got the emulator running (won't work in XP, but runs in 7), but after the Q3 splash screen and initial text I get a blank grey screen.  I've read that it's supposed to be something with the intro video and the .pnach is supposed to get around it, but I'm not sure what I need to change.  I have the 23AF6876.pnach file in the cheats folder.  Any ideas what I'm missing?

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #18 on: 2015-11-10, 22:51 »

And Sarge's save files are in the bag (my own EU/PAL version). I have to say that, texture glitches aside, it was pretty cool to play through Q3R in full 1080p.

It's also interesting that the emulated PS2 version of Quake III has basically the same rendering issues as the emulated Dreamcast version, despite two separate emulators being based around completely different hardware.

@Pho: Silly question, but are cheats enabled under "system"? Also, check the PCSX2 console for the CRC - it should match the .pnach filename (minus the "0x" prefix). If all goes according to plan, the game should automatically skip the video that's causing the crash.

Oh, and don't hang around on the main menu for too long, or the game will crash. The game crashes here even when running on a PS3 :/.
« Last Edit: 2015-11-10, 23:00 by scalliano » Logged

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #19 on: 2015-11-10, 23:45 »

I do have the "Cheats Enabled" box checked.  That's why I'm confused.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: