2024-03-28, 10:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to Rip things up.  (Read 8554 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2018-03-25, 07:16 »

Those Slipgate weapons left you hungry for more?  The Strogg Troopers are not ones to be left behind when it comes to exotic weaponry.  You like to hit things around corners, but don't want to kill yourself in the process?  You want the Ion Ripper.

This can be picked up anywhere the Arena Gladiators find a Chaingun.

Also added to the gallery, the new Doom Warriors weapons for Team Arena:

Ever wish your shotgun had a longer range?  Don't like Arena Gladiators turning you into a pin cushion with that Nailgun?  Give the Ion Gun a try.  It's basically a long-range energy shotgun.  It's tricky to master, but once you find the "sweet spot" you'll be the one doing the nailing.  Spawning at an Arena Gladiators' Nailgun location near you.

Proximity mines are fun, but the only problem is that they go away once they do their thing.  If you really need to deny access you want something that stays in place and keeps hurting.  You want Tesla Mines for that job.    One by itself isn't very dangerous, but several thrown in strategic places can wreak havoc.  It's the perfect tool for when the lone marine needs someone - or something - to have his or her back.  No need for a launcher, just toss it and it'll latch on to any surface.  Found wherever proximity launchers or mines are laying around.

Who doesn't love chainguns?  Who doesn't love shotguns?  What could be more awesome?  A chain-shotgun, that's what.  Introducing the Heavy Chaingun*. You've been on the other end of it when facing the Spider Mastermind, now you get to wield it yourself.  You spray, they pray.  Pick this up wherever the Arena Gladiators would find their chaingun.

So what's next?  As work continues on the Strogg Troopers' expanded arsenal, we'll be adding some more preview video for the Doom Warriors weapons in action, as well as showcasing the Earth Soldiers' new toys.  Stay tuned!

*Not to be confused with the .99f Heavy Chaingun.  That has been renamed just "chaingun" for consistency with Doom as well as differentiation with the new gun.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-28, 04:00 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
sakerr1

Dopefish

« Reply #1 on: 2018-03-30, 03:03 »

Glad to see things coming along nicely. Still surprised this isn't dead but glad it's being worked on even after a long time. Slipgate - Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2018-03-30, 04:09 »

Glad to see you're following along.  Those who think this project would be dead don't know me very well.  Not that anyone really does... but either way, I said in the past that it'll get finished, barring some catastrophe, even if I have to do everything myself.  I still stand by that.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
sakerr1

Dopefish

« Reply #3 on: 2018-03-31, 22:06 »

That's good man. Don't work yourself too much.
~Va^^pyrA~

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

Do These Fangs Make My Butt Look Big?

« Reply #4 on: 2018-04-01, 21:37 »

Dang, that Ion Ripper really came out looking nice! Slipgate - Smile
diegomula

Light Guard

« Reply #5 on: 2018-04-15, 02:25 »

Please hurry up, I follow this project since 2008, when I was 18 years old, now I'm 27 and I'm leaving the videogames because of real life responsibilities. I really want to play this game (not as beta) before selling my computer. I'm a real fan of this mod.

Keep working on it!! Thanks!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: