2024-03-29, 08:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about addbot and skins  (Read 4802 times)
FieldMedic

Dopefish

« on: 2018-08-18, 16:00 »

Hello

After a bit more of a decade of having moved away from it, a nostalgia brain cell pushed me into playing again with my old Quake 3.

So after checking old mods i used to enjoy in my botmatches, i ran again into Generations, after making sure i was completely up to date to 0.99f , i remade my old addbot bindings and went right into the nostalgia fun.

As i enjoy mostly FFA with bots, due to the lack of skirmish option in the menu to tailor a FFA with bots to my taste, i have several keybinds that spawn specific bots selection so i fight the opponents that fit my mood.

By example i have in my space key
Code:
bind SPACE "addbot sarge earth 3; addbot grunt strogg 3; addbot doom doom 3; addbot ranger slipgate 3; handicap 100"
that add 1 bot of each classes except for an arena one for when i'm playing an arena class and want an all generation fight.

But noticing the presence of those nicely customisable (thanks to the rail color) CPM skins, i would like all of my bots to use them, or the blue or red teamcolors without being in a team match.
Except that i have no idea on how to setup this, as the addbot i have only add bot of their default skin.

Any help please ?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2018-08-19, 02:53 »

There's currently not a way to add bots with custom skins through the command line, though that's a pretty nifty idea so I'll put that on my to-do list.

What you can do for now is make a custom version of the bots.txt file and alter which skins the bots are using.  I'm attaching a zip file to this message.  Just unzip it, alter the file as you like, rezip it (be sure to zip the scripts folder, not just the file, or it won't work!), rename the file from .zip to .pk3, drop it in your generations folder and the next time you add a bot it will use your specified skins.  If you get stuck or it doesn't work just let me know and I'll help you out.
  Doom - Thumbs Up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
FieldMedic

Dopefish

« Reply #2 on: 2018-08-19, 12:10 »

Thank you !
This will help to give me more varied opponents.

And thank you so much for all your work on what's still my favorite Quake3 mod ever. After all those years out of the loop and coming back to the game i still enjoy Generations as much as i did more than 10 years ago.
It's standing the test of time wonderfully !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: