2024-03-28, 23:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mad respect  (Read 10329 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« on: 2021-05-15, 11:06 »

Hey! It's been ages. I know I'm never around and I haven't even touched GenArena in a decade, but it's awesome to see that it still lives (and how!).

I have a huge amount of respect for you Phoenix, for your ever diligent work in getting this to the utmost of where it can go. Awesome work (and also mad props to whoever is still helping you out with that, of course)
Doom - Love. Still one of my proudest projects to have contributed on.

I'm sorely tempted to try if I can get the newest version running again...

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2021-05-16, 00:36 »

TABBY!!!  Doom - Love

It's strange, I was just thinking about you literally yesterday and wondering what you've been up to of late!  Certainly glad to hear from you.
  Slipgate - Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2021-05-16, 20:27 »

He lives!
Arno

Cacodemon

« Reply #3 on: 2021-05-19, 21:55 »

It's good to see you again, Tabun!  Doom - Thumbs Up!

Still one of my proudest projects to have contributed on.
Are you still into gaming-related projects? Do you have some recent work to share?
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2021-05-19, 22:59 »

*floats by on a go-plat*

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2021-05-31, 15:26 »

The last real game-development-y thing I did was a random mod for Left 4 Dead 2 (http://tabun.nl/random/). I do play that with some friends every once in a while. Not much in the way of gaming going on besides. I play Go a bit online when I can find people I know who enjoy that, and I played some Portal mods/sequels (and GRIS) recently.

That's not to say that I don't miss it of course -- just the usual 'life happens' reasons Slipgate - Laugh

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2021-06-01, 04:32 »

Aye, life happens to pretty much everyone.  Any time you want to fire up Gen it's there and the in-development version runs just fine on Windows 10.  The IRC channel is pretty much dead, but if you ever just want to chat drop me a note on Steam some time.  I'm usually invisible if I'm online (I forget to turn that off...), but I check every day.  Goldensly runs a discord as well.  Pester either him or Woods for the details.   Doom - Thumbs Up!

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #7 on: 2022-11-11, 00:25 »

This thread is about a year and a half old at this point, but since the sentiment is there, I'll just add to it. And ignore that 120 day warning. Stupid red text.

(Also, I noticed Phoenix's name in the users online box and wanted to assure that this is actually me, and not a bot in a compromised account. I know that happens on still-existing forums sometimes. Slipgate - Exhausted )

I've been going through a bout of "FPS games are awesome, actually" again and it made me want to check up on GenArena. The site was just timing out when I tried to load it for about a week, and I feared the worst; I certainly would have understood if things had gone bye-bye in the ~3 years since I last checked in.

Glad to sse those fears were unfounded, whatever the actual cause was. You're an absolute legend, Pho. And nice to see Tab remembers the place, too, whether or not he sees this at some point. Slipgate - Love

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2022-11-11, 10:09 »

Hey there Makou!  Long time no squawk!  Yeah the site went down right as I was unable to do much about when I had very limited internet access.  Kenny got it working again, so all is well.  Rest assured, even if for some bad reason the website were to go offline permanently Generations WILL continue.  I said before - unless Jesus returns or the Earth explodes, Generations will get finished.  I am 100% committed to that!  Doom - Thumbs Up!

Also... your avatar seems to be missing.  If you need help fixing that let me know.

Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #9 on: 2022-11-11, 13:06 »

I think the person running where it was stored had to give up their server for whatever reason. I have an alternative on that score, though I don't think I actually have the image I was using anymore, or if I do it's backed up on a drive I don't have convenient access too. I'll figure something out.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: