2024-04-23, 13:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nex version of Gen. Arena? (Is the next version being worked on yet?)  (Read 8146 times)
Lightning Hunter

Imp

« on: 2003-09-22, 21:33 »

It's been a while since the release of 0.99c.  Is anyone doing any work on the next version yet?  I've been stopping myself from playing it untill a version is released that has weapon animations and a more complete feel.  I've always been picky when it comes to playing incomplete work.  I hate playing something when I know there are some things not done in it.  

The only thing I would like to see fixed before I start playing is weapon animations, and a better menu for bot matches.  As of now it seems as if bots aren't really supported very well.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-09-22, 22:13 »

It is being worked on, and animations are still a 'When Its Done" thing.

However, if you're not playing because of the weapon animations, you're missing out. 99c is a hell of a lot of fun.

And bots menus are forthcoming as well.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-09-23, 13:20 »

Right now I'm working on a recoding of the model parsing system due to a problem we discovered with one of the maps.  There will most likely be an interrim patch released once this is fixed.  Everything else is pretty much on hold until this part is done, and it's needed doing anyway, but nothing's changed regarding what's forthcoming in the next full release.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2003-09-24, 22:33 »

NUUUUUUUUU!!! Not more Gen Arena 0.99 betas! We got enough as it is. I wouldn't be at all suprised if you went up to beta 0.99z. Slipgate - Tongue
dsm

« Reply #4 on: 2003-09-26, 12:38 »

Well admittedly, I'm looking forward to the weapons animations too, but I think it's a bit of a negligence not to play any of the betas - it's just too fun to just ignore.
I intend to take things as they come by.

But it's your call all the same.

But I do agree about the bot support - as much as real multiplayer is more fun, I like some basic bot play to rebuild my feel for the game in times where I haven't played neither Q3A or Gen Arena in a long time.

It really bothered me a while ago that I didn't seem to be able to fire up a single player deathmatch without being forced to start a server and add bots to it, because it required my computer to communicate with the internet which in turn made my games all laggy (I had all kinds of trouble, but most of 'em are taken care of).
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2003-09-26, 18:52 »

Adding bots isn't THAT difficult. You start gen, and type [ /addbot bot difficulty] into the console.

ex: /addbot doom 5
That would spawn a doom bot at the hardest difficulty.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2003-09-26, 19:27 »

Yeah but... ADD PRETTY BUTTONS TO DO IT WITH!!!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Slipgate - Smile
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2003-09-28, 00:39 »

It's on the to-do list. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2003-09-30, 03:25 »

Put this on the to-do list:

NO MORE BETAS AFTER 0.99C!!!

Slipgate - Tongue
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2003-09-30, 14:59 »

shush, I happen to like the betas, not only do I get to have fun early, I get to utilize my massive powers of being anal retentive to poke at pho and tell him what's wrong Slipgate - Tongue

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #10 on: 2003-09-30, 15:54 »

Angst, that is always fun till he strikes out....its not funny when someone loses a limb!.....even if they glue back on!
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2003-09-30, 17:43 »

well, yes that's true.. *looks at his peg-leg* But that's only if you bug the bird when he's on a deadline Slipgate - Tongue

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2003-10-28, 09:30 »

99d is coming!

See the news forum for details...
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #13 on: 2003-10-28, 16:33 »

*dances happily*  Thumbs up!